It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have witnessed miracles,

When we speak of the starving and why it is allowed to happen, well, why are we allowing it to happen?

The Sheep and the Goats
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,

I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him

, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?

When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply,

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine,

you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply,

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these,

you did not do for me.’

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Subnatural

And now I have this for all of you.

I admire you for the faith which I lack, and I admire that preacher for his sky blue shirt and his well groomed hair and his smooth gestures. I really do admire him, greatly.

Maybe Oscar Wilde would have admired him as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Considering the scriptures, it was said Jesus did and said many things that were not in the Biblical text.

And there will be a new song,

Revelation 5:9
And they sang a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I have witnessed miracles,

When we speak of the starving and why it is allowed to happen, well, why are we allowing it to happen?

The Sheep and the Goats
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,

I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him

, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?

When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply,

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine,

you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply,

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these,

you did not do for me.’

Are you serious? This sounds like a troll.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Exactly right, Storm!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
And if I remember right, Judgement begins at the house of God. 1Peter I think.

Best to get your own house in order before preaching to the heathen.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a reply to: vjr1113

its very true that religion poisons us then offers us the remedy.

Why does religion have to have anything to do
with what you do or don't rationalize/believe?

im answering your claim that a god gives us free will. you brought the topic of religion up. its your thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: nobunaga
science = fact
bible = fairy tales

you cant debate an atheist, sorry... but theres no proof of a god...
and if there was proof, theres around 6000 gods. you would have to prove your gods the true god
you cant

And you can't prove he is not.

Also science is not fact. It is a system of ideas people BELIEVE are facts. A tabletop is solid right? At a macroscopic view your right, at a microscopic view it is not and other object can pass though with no issues. Newtonian Physics are the law? Nope only to a certain point then Eisenstein physics take over. Then don't forget that Quantum physics trump both of those in certain areas

I believe in science, but don't make the mistake that just because it is in a science book it it true. Many times we have had to rewrite these books because what we thought was true is in fact just fraction of the truth.

If the true knowledge of the universe is a set of encyclopedias, we would be lucky if we have filled part of the "A" book.

we dont have to prove there is no god. only disprove it.

science cant explain anything to absolute certainty but its the best way to prove what is true. religion is faith based, you dont need to prove anything to be true, just claim it is true.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Subnatural

And now I have this for all of you.

complete bs

you are faced with a contradiction so what do you do? you redefine god and place love as the reason why evil exists, burdening everyone with the GUILT of not loving god, therefore deserving evil.

ill say it again, religion poisons us then offers us the cure. its interesting mental gymnastics, a very sinister way of rationalising masochism. a dodge at best, obviously demeaning.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

this is also a guilt trip. its our fault for evil, if so then its also our fault for good, there is no place for a god.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

im answering your claim that a god gives us free will. you brought the topic of religion up. its your thread.

On the contrary, I mentioned religion no where in the OP.
And only mentioned it in response to your use of the word.
The topic: Is the intelligence of a Creator, all powerful God,
responsible for our origins? Or was it just dumb blind luck
that intelligence rose up from mundane unintelligent matter?
And once were gone it can never be expected to ever happen
again in the whole lifetime of the universe no matter how long
that is? The topic is hardley religion.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

is theism not religion? the claim that a creator gives us free will is ad far as i know a religious claim in some degree. but fine lets call it a theistic claim. im responding to your theistic claim. if you think evolution just happened by chance, you dont understand evolution.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I understand evolution enough to know that it in
no way makes any claims to how life began or
our origins. Evolution tries to explain what happens
to life. Not how life began.
edit on Rpm22516v43201600000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

could life have begun by natural means and not supernatural mean? how would anyone know exactly how life began?

the theists says "we know, it must have been supernatural", sorry im not buying it. i believe life began by natural means, it must have, supernatural creation explains nothing.
edit on 25-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

the theists says "we know, it must have been supernatural", sorry im not buying it. i believe life began by natural means, it must have, supernatural creation explains nothing.

Depends on how you define supernatural, I would say.
The atheist is fooled it seems by his own ramblings of
supernatural magical Godly powers. But expand your
intelligence by a thousand times and what have you got?

It explains nothing to a closed mind but it explains everthing to
me. In detail.
edit on Rpm22516v05201600000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

assumptions

but seriously if it wasn't natural, by definition it must be supernatural, so we can choose to believe two things without knowing which is true, natural explanations or supernatural explanations.
edit on 25-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Reasoning

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

well thats fine, if you think supernatural explanations are reasonable, its obvious we dont think the same way. we both have fundamental differences in understanding logic and reason. i dont want an answer that explains everything but cant be proven, i prefer an answer that can be reasoned by science and natural reality.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Depends on how you define supernatural, I would say.
The atheist is fooled it seems by his own ramblings of
supernatural magical Godly powers. But expand your
intelligence by a thousand times and what have you got?

It explains nothing to a closed mind but it explains everthing to
me. In detail.

Implying you have experience with superhuman intelligence?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm not an atheist nor a believer, and definitely I wouldn't argue for neither side. But I believe things to be much simpler, and like I said in another post religion is like art, it either speaks to you or it don't. Those who believe need no proof, and those who can't believe will never have enough proof to be satisfied.
Is the accusations both sides throw at each other and the unwillingness to accept an opposite view that bothers me.
"Let it be" is my religion more than anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join