It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘White Privilege’ training for teachers-Pacific Educational Group

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
What is that?

Willful ignorance on your part.

Agenda based ignorance.

A generic lack of understanding and knowledge, as it pertains to how the world actually works.

Take your pick.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: amazing
What is that?

Willful ignorance on your part.

Agenda based ignorance.

A generic lack of understanding and knowledge, as it pertains to how the world actually works.

Take your pick.

LOL So you don't think there are any points to what I'm saying. Even the last paragraph I added?

I thought the church was a good analogy? How about a good reply without the insulting "Agenda, lack of understanding" crap.
edit on 25-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Awareness is the beginning.
Understanding and comprehension are further steps.

Further steps toward what? What is the goal? Knowing about something doesn't solve the problem. So lets assume everyone believes white privilege is a problem. What legislative or punitive steps would you take to correct it? No one on the entire planet has an answer for this other than kill whitey.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: THEatsking

why doesn't someone find me something more than anecdotal evidence of this white privilege?

================
The rest is not directed at theatsking

My family came from Ireland during the potato famine, my father worked 2 jobs while going to school full time to provide for his family.. I joined the military to give me the best options going forward so my dad wouldn't feel obligated to help me while my sister need his support.

I look at my family and whether you mean to or not its highly insulting to us that we only got to our position because we had a leg up on the competition.

You want to talk about societal stero types and how to fight it fine I'm with you, but don't tell me my family didn't earn every penny we have made through effort hard work and occasionally some luck. That will just piss me off and close down any possible useful communication we might have.

White privilege is a reality. The onus falls on you and other deniers of it to get the evidence. I've played this game and it all gets dismissed.

Research it, unbiased, and you will get the truth. And that truth is it exists everywhere

NOPE. That is not how things work, you cannot prove something doesn't exist, only that it does exists. The onus is on people who believe in white privilege to prove it exists.

Its like saying "prove there are no space aliens", go try that in the ufo forums and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
It wasn't really worth responding too.

You are expecting everything to change on a dime because the current policy says it should. The real world does not work that way.

All the biased statistics will not change that.

Your inability to accept this, will not change that.

The only thing that will change this is time, which is the first thing you have deemed unacceptable.

If I wanted to conform to the Canadian Governments Employment Equity Act (and capture the bonuses that would apply from it), I would have to fire multiple persons for one reason...the colour of their skin. That would make me just as despicable as those YOU claim to be against. No. My company, and the subsidiaries, will reach equity when reach equity. We will get there by continuing to hire the best person for the job, everyone else be damned. As more and more minorities take to the fields that are applicable, I will hire more and more of them. I will not entertain the thought of stabbing those that have dedicated their lives to my company, in the back to score points with social justice warriors.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wonder how MLK would feel looking in the present looking at how so many people define everything because of skin color, it boggles my mind that people cant get past it and accept people as they are.

so many people professing to be on the side of good are still defining people by the color of their skin, in this particular case white people, and some how by judging people because of their skin color is considered ok because well they are white and they deserve it.

To be fair many of the people that rail against things like white privilege probably are bigoted to some degree, I am and I know it... I cant stand the leaches living off society that never make an effort to better themselves only demanding more be given to them because they exist, the color of their skin doesnt matter to me... I cant understand why they want to be taken care of so they can just sit around do drugs, get drunk and do nothing.

I dont care if your white ,brown ,yellow red, or black educate yourself... it doesnt mean college, learn a trade skill, find a passion and pursue dont sit around waiting for someone to hand you a career.

If you are not where you expected to be in life... dont look for someone to blame, unless your looking in the mirror, dont like what you see then be the change you want, take a chance to better yourself. Move to another country in pursuit of your dream job, start your own business, chase your passions... dont just sit in your safe place hoping someone helps you... take a risk we only get one shot at life dont let it sail past you.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I agree, its setting up an infrastructure to mainstream this perpetual & generational victimization, and new wave Political Correctness trend.

Its as bad as putting up billboards for junkfood and paycheck advance businesses in low income(racially minority) areas.

Hit them with this early and often and you have enslaved them again mentally.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok are you guys telling me that first assumptions about Black people and White people is exactly the same across the board and no one makes decisions based off those assumption..because that is at the root of what I and others are trying to get you good folks to see.

Edit for context and caveat
For people outside the United States this may or may not apply.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Absolutely.

It also gets old. There's an assumption that whites don't struggle with anything - particularly bullying or run-of-the-mill jerks - and also the assumption that every non-white is marginalized and doesn't succeed in mainstream society. Both are BS. This isn't the 70s anymore. Also, so many other factors are at play. Asians for example tend to have more stable families and invest more in their kids. Recent immigrants, like anyone who moves to a new place, don't have the contacts for higher-paying jobs. And even that is less of a problem than in the past.

The problem is that the middle class is being squeezed, which makes it more difficult for everyone at risk of falling behind. The funny thing is, I also know my share of rich kids who were molested as kids, or beaten up regularly and told they were worthless and whose parents could always buy their way out of any prosecution. So I would hardly call them privileged either. I also have met my share of non-white trust fund brats (Hong Kong rich kids in Vancouver anyone) and those whose parents cover all the bills of offspring earning professional salaries who have zero responsibilities beyond a car and a cell phone bill. The danger is that either people begin competing for who had it harder (cue the Four Yorkshiremen skit) or people get brainwashed into believing a bunch of patronising drivel that either steals away their own personal agency or pointlessly angers them.

Blaming one single group - even bankers and the so-called rich - is ridiculous. The real solution is to try to make life better for as many others as possible and find ways to produce more winners and fewer losers in society.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jessica6

t also gets old. There's an assumption that whites don't struggle with anything - particularly bullying or run-of-the-mill jerks - and also the assumption that every non-white is marginalized and doesn't succeed in mainstream society.

If you have been following the post you would know that's not what's being said.
e quoting me from pg 1

And you misunderstand what White Privilege is , it's not about your balance sheet or position in a company or government.

I also have met my share of non-white trust fund brats (Hong Kong rich kids in Vancouver anyone) and those whose parents cover all the bills of offspring earning professional salaries who have zero responsibilities beyond a car and a cell phone bill.

As well as l,but in the context of the United States who is more likely to be pulled over for driving an outrageously expensive ride , a Nigerian oil guy's son or the son of a Wall St Banker.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What legislative or punitive steps would you take to correct white privilege?

I am talking about steps beyond awareness.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm judged by my own people because I dont look "as native" as my cousins. I guess that makes me white, but then again I'm judged because I'm not all white by whites? Yeah, a little.

Ive noticed more often than not, in the middle of the south/country white people are more openly prejudice against dirty/poor whites than against blacks.

As a matter of fact, Ive seen a white guy and a black guy tear open some younger man together that was trailer trash to the core.

Sh1tty people across the board, and as such there are crooks who take advantage of the cultural trends to make a name for themselves with fake stories and hyped perceived aggression.

Dont get played by the piper folks
edit on 2262016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

There are none, one cannot legislate how people think or should they, however since most of this is subconscious the solution begins within.
Thought turns into action then that's a whole other story.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

You are complaining that black people are profiled more because of prejudice right? How they get stopped more when they wear saggy pants than whites? Think about how often the people that are stopped while wearing those saggy pants are found to be carrying a gun, drugs, or have a warrant. White people aren't usually treated the same in saggy pants because they are rarely doing anything illegal. If white people tended to have guns, drugs, or warrants on them when they dress that way everyone would be just as scared of them. Maybe there is no white privilege and the problem lays with a bunch of thugs that want to be bad people and blame whites for everything decided to create the term white privilege so they could be scum and get away with it. Maybe the reason black people are profiled like that is because a lot of them ARE hoodlums. I have been ripped off by every single black person I ever tried to befriend. How about not committing so many crimes.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lysacid

You are complaining that black people are profiled more because of prejudice right? How they get stopped more when they wear saggy pants than whites? Think about how often the people that are stopped while wearing those saggy pants are found to be carrying a gun, drugs, or have a warrant. White people aren't usually treated the same in saggy pants because they are rarely doing anything illegal. If white people tended to have guns, drugs, or warrants on them when they dress that way everyone would be just as scared of them. Maybe there is no white privilege and the problem lays with a bunch of thugs that want to be bad people and blame whites for everything decided to create the term white privilege so they could be scum and get away with it. Maybe the reason black people are profiled like that is because a lot of them ARE hoodlums. I have been ripped off by every single black person I ever tried to befriend. How about not committing so many crimes.

No Black and White ppl have similar amounts of drugs and guns on them and commits crimes almost at the same rates but are not perceived the same way, and btw this is not only a LEO issue but the LEO thing is the most deadly, whites are also thugs but you wouldn't label all your people thugs if in fact you are white..but that's Ok prime example of white privilege your general assumption about Black ppl.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I suppose all the bikers that were shot in Waco a while back and all the ones arrested and held on million dollar bonds etc were dead thankful for their white privilege...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

There are none, one cannot legislate how people think or should they, however since most of this is subconscious the solution begins within.
Thought turns into action then that's a whole other story.

This is all we need to know about "white privilege".

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The patriarchy runs the world~

~So check your white male privilege.

You said something I didn't like~

~SO CHECK YO PRIVILEGE.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I suppose all the bikers that were shot in Waco a while back and all the ones arrested and held on million dollar bonds etc were dead thankful for their white privilege...

Yet ppl don't associate biker warfare with white ppl there are no calls for whites or their leaders to stop white and white crimes or meth/heroin epidemic plaguing some predominately white communities , the assumption which is correct is those are just bad ppl and in no way represent the white community.

Let me say it again, white privilege are a set of positive assumption about white ppl that do not extend to Black ppl whether deserving or not, it have nothing to do with how poor you are or hard working etc.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

White privilege is a myth. It is no more than unwarranted guilt-by-association.

White people are NOT afforded any extra rights or privileges in virtue of their skin colour alone. Deep down, you know this, I know this and everyone else on this website knows.

The reality is that if you are black in the USA (a minority) in a predominately white (majority) population and contribute disproportionately to crime in relation to your population numbers, people will stereotype you. The same thing would happen if crime by white people was disproportionate in numbers to the white population living in a country like Ethiopia, which is a predominantly black population.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join