It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Production Halted in Iraq: The Whole Point? (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
After reading a small post on rense.com, I ran a Google search on Iraq oil production and came across this ITAR-TASS news bit which may be the source of the Rense claims. It seems that recent attacks on Iraq's oil infrastructure have succeeded in halting all oil production in the country. I'm left wondering if that was the whole point to going there to begin with.

www.itar-tass.com
CAIRO, January 10 (Itar-Tass) - Oil producing companies and oil refineries in the northern part of Iraq have totally stopped functioning because of a series of acts of subversion, staged over the past few days. Oil exports have also been stopped, an Iraqi official said in Baghdad on Monday.

This is the result of repeated attacks of rebels on oil refineries and oil pipelines, including those which supply fuel to power plants. Oil production has been suspended at the largest oil fields in the northern part of Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After hearing this news and considering it alongside the massively bloated no-bid contracts which have gone to Halliburton and KBR for oil-infrastructure rebuilding, I have a thought:

What if we invaded Iraq for its oil? Not the way one may think, but to disrupt the Iraqi oil supply for two reasons:

1) To enable a neverending supply of broken/sabotaged oil infrastructure to enable a multi-decade hegemony of American oil infrastructure contractors in the area.

2) To ensure an additional 'strategic reserve' for the US through the 'sabotage' of Iraq's oil infrastructure and subsequent production halts/slowdowns.

I don't know if this theory has been raised previously, but what about the possibility that the US is not simply trying to install puppet regimes in each of the world's largest oil producing countries, but that it might be happy about the lack of oil production in Iraq as the Iraqi oil industry reverts from a producing entity to a US stockpile for use at our discretion?

Maybe the administration knew all along that they were not going to be well-received in Iraq and invaded on that pretext...stopping all oil release from Iraq through targeted instability.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
After reading a small post on rense.com, I ran a Google search on Iraq oil production and came across this ITAR-TASS news bit which may be the source of the Rense claims. It seems that recent attacks on Iraq's oil infrastructure have succeeded in halting all oil production in the country. With many reports of sluggish oil production since the initial invasion, I'm left wondering if halting/reducing oil production was the whole premise behind the invasion of Iraq. It even seems strange that the US moved quickly to secure oil fields immediately upon invasion, only to see mass attacks against oil infrastructure which seem to be nearly unstoppable. How secure/insecure is the Iraqi oil infrastructure and how much of that vulnerability is due to specific US forces' efforts?

www.itar-tass.com
CAIRO, January 10 (Itar-Tass) - Oil producing companies and oil refineries in the northern part of Iraq have totally stopped functioning because of a series of acts of subversion, staged over the past few days. Oil exports have also been stopped, an Iraqi official said in Baghdad on Monday.

This is the result of repeated attacks of rebels on oil refineries and oil pipelines, including those which supply fuel to power plants. Oil production has been suspended at the largest oil fields in the northern part of Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After hearing this news and considering it alongside the massively bloated no-bid contracts which have gone to Halliburton and KBR for oil-infrastructure rebuilding, I have a thought:

What if we invaded Iraq for its oil? Not the way one may think, but to disrupt the Iraqi oil supply for two reasons:

1) To enable a neverending supply of broken/sabotaged oil infrastructure to enable a multi-decade hegemony of American oil infrastructure contractors in the area.

2) To ensure an additional 'strategic reserve' for the US through the 'sabotage' of Iraq's oil infrastructure and subsequent production halts/slowdowns.

I don't know if this theory has been raised previously, but what about the possibility that the US is not simply trying to install puppet regimes in each of the world's largest oil producing countries, but that it might be happy about the lack of oil production in Iraq as the Iraqi oil industry reverts from a producing entity to a US stockpile for use at our discretion?

Maybe the administration knew all along that they were not going to be well-received in Iraq and invaded on that pretext...stopping all oil release from Iraq through targeted instability.

join