It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big old structures all over Egypt, what are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Good evening ATS, well in my usual random researches i found a few very old structures, in very remote places, and all with very look alike features.
They seem to be all along the Nile river, on both sides of it actually, and they seem to be there for as long as the pyramids.

In some of them there are recente buildings over it, or by the side of the original structure replicating its shape (reverse engeneering?), amazingly there is no information about there structures.

Some people say they look like militar facilities, and since i dont know how it would look like i could agree, but how long has it been there? cause the scale of erosion is too large for it to be a recent bulding, and if it could be militar why build on open space? That visible from the sky?

Video link

Just a few: 29°50'40.29"N 31°41'47.63"E 29°53'10.76"N 31°26'1.35"E 29°59'31.54"N 31°29'33.72"E 29°59'1.31"N 31°29'26.15"E 29°37'28.01"N 31°12'34.44"E 29°11'30.26"N 30°56'29.08"E

It would be amazing if any of you would like to share yours thoughts about this one!

edit on 9180329x0000001903pm229 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

Look like old air bases that were dismantled maybe after desert storm or a more recent skirmish...military planes would have bunkers out in the desert..don't think the are megalithic...or possibly old surface to air missile batteries..
edit on 24-2-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They are radar stations and military missile launch sites. They'e been on ATS before about a million times

previous thread from three weeks ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Well i can believe that, but why have so many, and some are right in the middle of farming lands like they have been for a long time, i'm thinking Egypt did not had that many bases like 30 to 50 ago, or why cat i find a picture of that structures while they where "working".

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty
a reply to: chrismarco

Well i can believe that, but why have so many,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Well, that does not really mean a lot if in most of those wars they where fighting with "rocks and wood sticks", the thing is if you go to that part of the the planet, you think civilization fleed away a long time ago, and we are talking anti missil, blablblablablba anti satelite so i can believe they would have a few in recent conflicts, taking in consideration recent history, and their economical status. But if they are abndoned militar facilities, how long where they abandoned? cause its not 5 or 10 mega bases, its much more then that, i know first world countries, much more fearfull and paranoid and dont have that many military air bases.

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty

Well, that does not really mean a lot if in most of those wars they where fighting with "rocks and wood sticks", the thing is if you go to that part of the the planet, you think civilization fleed away a long time ago, and we are talking anti missil, blablblablablba anti satelite so i can believe they would have a few in recent conflicts, taking in consideration recent history, and their economical status. But if they are abndoned militar facilities, how long where they abandoned? cause its not 5 or 10 mega bases, its much more then that, i know first world countries, much more fearfull and paranoid and dont have that many military air bases.

Just saying...

Well I'm pretty sure that they aren't as old as the pyramids like you claimed in your first post, I know for a fact that the Ancient Egyptians only had tanks and helicopters at Abydos

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
...I know for a fact that the Ancient Egyptians only had tanks and helicopters at Abydos

You do realize some numpty is going to see that you said that, and take it as verification of such silliness, right?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The thing is Marduk, have you been there? have you travel a little bit around there? so its rather 8 or 80, or dozens of military bases, or ancient egyptians had helicopters.
Yeah i said they looked as old as the pyramids, at least their decay and the erosion look like if they where there for a very long time totally exposed to the elements, i just have questions so far, thats why i created the thread, everyone is intitled to an opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Marduk
...I know for a fact that the Ancient Egyptians only had tanks and helicopters at Abydos

You do realize some numpty is going to see that you said that, and take it as verification of such silliness, right?

He doesn't care, Admire.
Marduk likes living on the edge.

Harte

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Well, targeted sarcasm can have unintended results (other than the intended result of "boo-hoo').

I heard, from a site much like this one in fact, that time travel was real... and also heard that certain wealthy parties in the Abydos of yore were buying military hardware, so did the industrious thing and built me a time machine (using zero point energy) and went to ancient Egypt and sold helicopters, a sub and even a hovercar for tons of pure gold.

It's now a state secret but nobody will believe me anyhoo...

but how does a scoffer explain all my free time to peruse ATS?? Huh?!

edit on 2/24/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well played, sir. Well played.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
They could be Egyptian military entrenchments, keep in mind they had garrisons all over. Some also appear to be on high ground, and you can see the rounded parts are close enough together to have been parapets.

But thats if they are not more recent ruins, of the Persians, Romans, Arabs, etc. At any rate it is interesting

I see now that the mystery has been solved.

edit on 25-2-2016 by SargonThrall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Most of them are military bunkers and anti-aircraft installations which were built during the period of 1948 through the 1970s when Egypt was at a state of war with Israel and feared aerial bombings. If you ever land or take off at Aswan airport you can see them close-up. You can find photos from the ground of some of them at www.panoramio.com... .

The coolest ones are at in Sinai. See Gifgafa Military Installations. These were built by the Israelis to protect a military airport just to the east which was built during the time Israel occupied Sinai from 1967 until it was returned to Egypt in the 1980s.It is now abdandoned under the terms of the Camps David agreement.

edit on 25-2-2016 by sayedbakri because: Correct links for GPS coordinates

edit on 25-2-2016 by sayedbakri because: Correct link

edit on 25-2-2016 by sayedbakri because: Correct punctuation

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sayedbakri

Thank you! since yesyerday evening i've been searching a few tips shared here by other users, and now i will persue yours. Anyway i had a lot of fun searching what these buildingd could be since i found more then 20 visible from google earth, all over the desert. Thank you very much for the brainstorming, i'm glad no one tried to sell me aliens

edit on 5440429x0000003206am229 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

top topics

join