It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Park County sheriff’s deputy killed, two other deputies shot in Bailey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Another LEO killed in the line of duty- not much to go on right now, looks like the sus was killed as well.

Hoping for the best.

BAILEY, Colo. – A sheriff’s deputy was killed and two other deputies were injured in a shooting Wednesday morning, the Park County Sheriff’s Office said.

The incident happened just before 10 a.m. in Bailey, the sheriff’s office said.

The injured deputies do not have life-threatening injuries, the sheriff’s office said.

No details about where exactly the shooting took place were released.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
And the war against humanity marches on......
Anybody starting to get the fact that this is a failed system?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
With extreme poor people reproducing like rabbits and people being led away from the police profession by throwing them under the bus whenever they shoot a criminal, even an armed rapist shockingly, I see a really fun future head of us.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Hmm, well....this brings out a bit of sarcasm on my part. There simply isn't enough detail for the usual ATS ranters to jump in on this. There's no information about the suspect. If he's a white guy, then obviously its all about ban the firearms. If its a black guy, then it is all about the poor victimized black guy protecting himself from police brutality.

Guess we'll have to wait for more info.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

All great points Tony. I always look forward to the peliminary discussion and accusations; the follow through after the facts, are always unbalanced.

Thanks for posting!

edit on 24-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Slain deputy is a 10 year vet, still unidentified. One of the wounded is listed with life threatening injuries, the other listed as without.

Deputies were serving an eviction notice and the resident was armed with a rifle. Unknown if the assailant was killed by return fire or killed himself. There are unconfirmed, but multiple, reports that the shooter was a member of a "survivalist group." CBI and ATF are on scene now, as is a bomb squad for "unspecified reasons." Surrounding counties are sending officers to help with calls.

ETA - gunman named as Martin Wirth. Investigators say he was killed by return fire from the deputies. Deputies range from 11 years to 21 years of service. Slain deputy is now listed as having been on the force for 12 years.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Can't say I feel bad.
Their deaths should make up a little for the flood of them that are
acquitted and those that aren't even taken to trial but instead
given paid vacations.
Good cops no longer exist.
Once they start arresting each other i'll change my tune.
Cops follow the same golden rule that all major criminal
organizations follow "snitches get stitches".
I'm sure these officers vatos will now be on the hunt for
blood with anyone that gets in their way now.

(Just stating an opinion as those wishing him well are.)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: unicornholiday
Can't say I feel bad.
given paid vacations.
Once they start arresting each other i'll change my tune.

(Just stating an opinion as those wishing him well are.)

That is just about the dumbest thing I have seen yet in some of these threads. The majority are all good men and women and you, well I can't really say right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

I understand it's not the popular opinion.
If you want to see some truly dumb posts,
go read what some of these boot lickers
say in the defense of murdering gestapo
soldiers when they're caught in the act.

"The officer that morning had learned his mother had cancer
so I understand why he shot the guy for running."

GTFO

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

GTFO

There is no excuse for the guilty and you will find even LEO's agree on that point. However, your opinion about:

Can't say I feel bad.

Sure, even if they were the most honest and family members of yours. Speaks for itself.

given paid vacations.

Oh yea, lets just kill some innocent folks to balance the difference? Really?

Another brilliant statement by you proving you have no clue what you are talking about.

Again, you obviously are clueless about what the reality is in the world.

Are you aware of how many calls for service vs. shooting incidents there is? No, they won't be gunning for anyone that gets in their way.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: unicornholiday

Playing the victim card is a popular thing to do, though, isn't it?

"It's not a popular opinion." GTFO indeed. This is ATS. Your opinion is the prevailing type, not the minority.

Pro-tip: pigeon-holing entire groups of people into nice tidy categories, while easy for the mentally dim and incompetent, isn't really a good way to go through life.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What do you call a mother and daughter shot at 107 times (miraculously living) and 8 cops allowed to walk because they were deemed too incompetent and scared to perform their jobs yet not fired?

What do you call an officer suing for backpay and disability because he claims his abuse of civilians left him traumatized?

Yeah, they're all great people. Upstanding members.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'd say it's the officers that are always claiming to be the victims yet last year showed them to be in the least amount of danger than ever. Yet all we heard was about the "WAR ON COPS"...Sounds like they play the victim card pretty well.
I don't pigeon hold groups of people...I expect certain groups of people to be lighthouses and they simply are not.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I had read this on my local news a little earlier today. Also I noticed this article saying 14 officers shot in CO in 3 months. I suppose this bumps it up to 16.

DENVER - Just two days after a Denver police officer was shot by a burglary suspect, three more law enforcement officers were shot on the job.

In Park County Wednesday, three Sheriff's Office deputies were shot. One of the deputies was killed.

That now brings the total of Colorado law enforcement officers shot to 14 in the last three months.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I had read this on my local news a little earlier today. Also I noticed this article saying 14 officers shot in CO in 3 months. I suppose this bumps it up to 16.

DENVER - Just two days after a Denver police officer was shot by a burglary suspect, three more law enforcement officers were shot on the job.

In Park County Wednesday, three Sheriff's Office deputies were shot. One of the deputies was killed.

That now brings the total of Colorado law enforcement officers shot to 14 in the last three months.

Meth...
The new white meat.
Or an explanation for all of this violence.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

I'd say it's the officers that are always claiming to be the victims yet last year showed them to be in the least amount of danger than ever. Yet all we heard was about the "WAR ON COPS"...Sounds like they play the victim card pretty well.
I don't pigeon hold groups of people...I expect certain groups of people to be lighthouses and they simply are not.

I'd say you're the one that played the victim card with your sob story about your "unpopular" opinion, guy. The "war on cops" bit started after cops started getting ambushed simply for wearing a badge, though I'm sure your lack of remembering that part is purely unintentional.

I expect certain groups of people to be above reproach too. Though, thanks to critical thinking skills, I also recall that people are people, and being people means that no group is 100% perfect, 100% of the time. Much like how I expect ATS members to be able to look at issues with dispassionate logic and critical thinking, but now and then we get a shining example of some members' inability to do either of those things. Because people are people. Yet somehow I'm able to refrain from labeling all of ATS as mentally deficient.

Give it a try sometimes. It'll take work, might be tiring at times, but it's worth it

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Hey man that's just like...fair and stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

GTFO
while you have just advocated or rationalized killing an unrelated person for the putative crimes of another.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What do you call a mother and daughter shot at 107 times (miraculously living) and 8 cops allowed to walk because they were deemed too incompetent and scared to perform their jobs yet not fired?

What do you call an officer suing for backpay and disability because he claims his abuse of civilians left him traumatized?

Yeah, they're all great people. Upstanding members.

You need to get a grip on reality. There are abuses regardless of what group of people you pull out of the hat. However, that by far has nothing to do with the majority as Shamrock6 tried to point out to you. Most of our LEO's regardless of agency are good people that don't abuse their power or make outrageous claims. I started a thread about the mother and daughter (figure you know that since you used it as an example) and it was the DA that made that decision, not the investigators. Lawyers are some slimy creatures indeed imo.

I never said they are all great outstanding people either. I used to work deep cover on a special task force targeting crime in agencies on the federal level. It happens and you can't run a large organization of any kind without pulling in bad apples. However, you can't judge the majority or the entire group about the few. You sound like one that would genocide all Muslims because a number of nuts manage to cause all sorts of murder and mayhem. I suppose you would argue we should get rid of all the rest of the Muslims or just kill a bunch of innocent ones to make up the numbers for the minority?

You can't post complete bunk on ATS and not expect to be called out about it. Don't take it too personally as it is your statements that are of issue, not you personally.

edit on 24/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

(post by unicornholiday removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join