It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Fail! Alien related, unfortunately.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Does your family like making things for each other? Mine does.

Do you love mail? I do. I'm a super fan.

So anyways, my family all has their "thing" that they like making and gifting. I like making post cards for my family. Tomorrow is my mothers birthday, and I forgot to make her a card. I can't buy a card after years of making them, so I went straight to work so the card would make it to her by tomorrow.

I googled "watercolour birthday cards", because I had no time to be inspired, and I'm not an inspired or excellent painter in general. I came a across a beautiful image of a deer with sakura antlers and said, good enough.

Well....like a lot of amateur artists, eyes and hands are hard. They're SO HARD!

Well, I f$&@ed it up fellow artists. Take a look at this grey alien posing as a deer.

Happy Birthday, Mom! Hopefully you like aliens as much as I do!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

No, its good!
The deer just looks like it has long lashes.
Its excellent!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I love it actually. Really I do. I like it because it doesn't look like the crap that you can buy. I draw, as does my daughter and everything I get from her... I cherish. Your mother will love it and it really is good.

The eyes look EXACTLY like the eyes of a deer with Sakura blooms growing out of its antlers should.

edit on 2/24/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I love it actually. Really I do. I like it because it doesn't look like the crap that you can buy. I draw, as does my daughter and everything I get from her... I cherish. Your mother will love it and it really is good.

The eyes look EXACTLY like the eyes of a deer with Sakura blooms growing out of its antlers should.

You know, that is so true. It's a new species all together. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well thank you, that's what I was going for, and eventually it looked like the deer was having a clumpy mascara day.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's good. When you come across a deer in a remote place, a field, a track, what strikes me most is their eyes. Large, shiney. You've emphasised the best bit. Artistic. Nice blossom too.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OMG I thought I would pop in and get a good laugh. You did GREAT!!!! If this is bad I wanna see your good!!!! I love the blossoms on the antlers.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well, I'm glad everyone enjoys this. My boyfriend and I laughed so hard at these eyes. I'm soothed hearing some positive comments.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I love it.
Waiting for your mom to show up........

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

She lives about 5 hours away, so it's going via Canada Post. She'll likely just take it to her leader.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I love receiving and making gifts and cards! Your Mom is going to love that card you made! Good job!!

new topics

top topics

join