It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funeral Songs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is the one i want at my funeral. It pretty much sums up my feelings about my life.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rabb420
I saw them in NYC...can't quite remember the name of the venue. Ah my memory with these things! Been to much better concerts though. Nuclear Assault and Behemoth come to mind, and Napalm Death and Possessed (each separate shows)! The most fun was Nuclear Assault. I made a post describing it here and a picture of me and the bassist of Nuclear Assault. I have to say Children of Bodom aren't horrible. Not amazing, but I'd probably go see them. Hah yeah it's great. I believe he did that as well (or I'm remembering another show).

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
Not a fan honestly, but much better than what the kids these days listen to.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

ive seen the misfits quite a few times lol no doyle or crybaby danzig but jerry only nailed all the classics even though he was trying to push his new stuff and you could deffinately tell the crowd wasnt digging his new stuff. got a bunch of pics with him and him and dez and the new drummer signed my shirt. say what you want about jerry only hes a down to earth cool guy after every show he usually stays until all the fans leave and even has some drinks with the fans.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rabb420
That's pretty cool. I have to say metal heads and rockers aren't as off this world as uh....modern day "artists"..I met Nergal (vocalist of Behemoth) he seemed very calm and despite playing in a death metal band rather quiet and human. Vocals for Murphy's Law seems well, he seems to love to party and seems to love to party with the fans while singing. Got a "skull greeting" I believe it was called by him. Fun show. Need to find more to go to. I don't listen to the Misfits, not my style frankly. So I can't say anything about Jerry even if I wanted to.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Mine.

edit on 24-2-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
It is unavailable in my country!! USA..

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Might seem cliche, but I can't think of a better funeral song.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I have re posted another version that may work.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Yes, this one works. Longer than the first one you put up, that one seemed a mere minute or two. Rather pleasant song. Falls outside my the realm of music I listen to, but it is pleasant.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics
Great instrumentals. Classic of course.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Great instrumentals. Classic of course.

Apparently Jimmy layered around 50 guitar leads in that song

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Hah wow. Pretty amazing.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

In Masonic ritual we use Pleyel's Hymn which was written by Brother Ignaz Pleyel.

Here is a old version with the sung lyrics:

edit on 24-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Both my dad and my step mum want to have On The Turning Away by Pink Floyd played.
I would like a few tunes by Nitin Sawhney can't remember the titles and couldn't for life of me work out how to give you a YouTube of the songs. Am listening to everyone's tunes while I tidy the house.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My picks.

The Parting Glass

The Way Old Friends Do

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
Hope you're enjoying the sound of our funerals, of our demises..
That is the best sound to clean to! On the first page I posted how if you change your mind about posting.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Sounds rather Christian, though that's likely due to it being played on an organ pipe. And because it probably is Christian now that I look at the title.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MinangATS
I like the sadness in the first song.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So far, this is it (just in case I die on ATS one day, I'll hold you responsible for getting the song right
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join