It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YUUGE! Donald Trump Runs Away with Hispanic Vote in NV GOP Caucuses!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Trump says crazy and controversial stuff to get media attention. It's really as simple as that and the media falls for it hook line and sinker because they are dopey.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Boadicea

I'd truly love to see any evidence that ties Trumps racist BS comments to this very real tragedy.

Not your belief or whatever that this was what he was referring to. Actual connections, like some citation from Trump that refers specifically to this issue.

Trump Completely Misread Fusion Article About Immigration and Rape

“If you go to Fusion, you will see a story: About 80% of the women coming in — you know who owns Fusion? Univision!” Trump told Lemon. “Go to Fusion and pick up the stories on rape. And it’s unbelievable when you look at what’s going on. So all I’m doing is telling the truth,” Trump told Lemon.

Trump defends inflammatory comments, asks 'Who is doing the raping?'

...Trump, who is a Republican presidential candidate, told Lemon he was pulling his facts from a Fusion article.

Donald Trump Goes After Immigrants Again, Claiming To Have Facts

Trump said his information came from a Fusion article, but he apparently misread the story.

How Trump massively confused "Rape" with the Sexual Slavery of Migrants

That story has been playing out for a week now, and the really truly horrible reality is that noone, except for perhaps Don Lemon - sorta -, has bothered to do any background on what Trump was talking about even when he specifically noted he was referring to an article in Fusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I think is established fact that illegals can gain considerable aid from our safety nets.

Interesting numbers and views that you like to focus on ,especially where you decide to stop looking further into the problem.

It must be nice to overlook or pick and choose the facts you like in order to make things simple and keep your virtual world nice an tighty and from falling apart.

I like how you conveniently blame the illegals for abusing our system and safety nets as you say. However, you completely stop and overlook the real reason why those illegals are coming here and abusing the system in the first place

The reason they are abusing the system is because of LEGAL American owned business and corporations who take advantage of hiring cheap slave labor with no benefits, which give the illegals incentives to come here

Behind every illegal is a LEGAL American that is also abusing the system by using the illegals as disposable cheap labor and knowing that the system will pick up their cost of doing business. Heck, even walmart for a while was teaching their low wage employees how to get free gov't assistance as a benefit.

The agriculture and hospitality industries which are two of the biggest employers of illegal immigrants are also among the biggest and most powerful lobbying groups as well.

If Americans corporations and business stopped hiring illegals , then they would not come here. Just like the Canadians don't come here for illegal work. Canadians have no incentive to take slave labor jobs in the US. Hence why no need to build a wall in the Canadian side or anywhere for that matter to curve the illegal immigration issue for economic purposes.

The Wall that trump is offering to build is simply under the old premise of never letting a good crisis go to waste even if its a fake crisis.

He will get a piece of the billions to build it and maintain it especially being in the building industry. In addition the wall won't work, not because it cant but because Legal American lobbyist , business , and corporations are benefiting directly from the cheap labor and putting the burden on the tax payer. Not to mention our economy would take a large hit if all the sudden illegals banished overnight.

So Where is the blame for those legal Americans, business, and corporations who are taking advantage of the system for every illegal they hire?

Why is the blame selectively stopped and focused on the illegals as the burden on the system?

Why aren't Americans or Trump,Clinton,Rubio, or Cruz for that matter going after these corporations and business that hire the illegals that are putting a burden on our system?

If an American company got fined 15K per illegal in their company on fist offence , 50K on second offence , 100K third offence and possible executive jail time for habitual corporate offenders , we would cut the majority influx of illegals overnight.

edit on 09229America/ChicagoWed, 24 Feb 2016 21:09:53 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

So Where is the blame for those legal Americans, business, and corporations who are taking advantage of the system for every illegal they hire?

You made some excellent points which need to be explored further.

Arizona passed laws that would penalize companies who knowingly hired illegals... we were sued by the feds (Obama's administration).

Supreme Court upholds Arizona immigration law targeting employers

The high court ruling allows the state, and others, to penalize businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

The illegal immigration issue has been exploited by many different people for many different reasons. So much so that it's far too much to go into in this one thread -- or any single thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Well, I'll be damned!

Good job. You are right there is a "connection" post hoc.

Fair enough, I'll be off your thread now.

(Let's just forget as your first and subsequent articles prove ... that Trump's comments at his Jun 16th campaign announcement referred to rapists being sent here, and that the Fusion article has to do with rape that happens to women on the way here ... you found a link and that's all I asked for.)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yeah, their are laws already out their to fine business that hire illegals. The problem is that they are seldom enforced and when they are its usually against the small fry and not the real culprits that are causing the issue in mass scale.

From what I have seen the reported cases are typically from small business owners against small business owners. For example a lawn company that was let go for another cheaper lawn company would call anomalously to report a suspected illegal immigrant with the newly hired company. This also happens with other contracting jobs like AC where they call code enforcement against competitors.

However, with the big boys they seldom call on each other and their is an unwritten law to overlook the agriculture and hospitality industry who are the big offenders.

Even then its BS. I have owned my own business and used third party hiring and billing services for liability purposes. I had someone apply for work and my manager ran the individuals social security card and it passed the security check. The amazing thing was that the SS card was made up all the same number for example: 33-33-3333 several months later another individual came in with the same SS number and different name . Both passed the social security background check.

They really don't want to stop this no matter what laws are implemented already, to be fair if they did our economy would take a big hit, I just wish the politicians would be honest about this instead of BS the people.

FWIW Bernie Sanders was the only one that passed my political immigration litmus test. He said why they are coming here (employment) and their would be consequences in stopping it. That was when he first peeked my interest despite me being a libertarian.

You even had the head of the agriculture industry state that illegal immigrants are vital to their industry. They can't stop it and don't want to stop it , its to engrained into our economy.

The illegal immigration issue has been exploited by many different people for many different reasons. So much so that it's far too much to go into in this one thread -- or any single thread.

edit on 14229America/ChicagoWed, 24 Feb 2016 21:14:33 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You should be disgusted.

That is by design by American businesses,corporations, agriculture and hospitality industry.

The advantage of hiring illegals is because they are undocumented cheap slave labor , with no rights, and no benefits. Even those illegals that have fake documents to pass inspections and are on the books are to afraid to speak up against abuse of their rights.

Making the process easy and quick, would mean that the lobbyist benefiting from cheap slave labor would have to treat them like all other American workers and provide: benefits, worker comp, taxes, workers rights, unions, etc. At that point what would be the benefit to hire an illegal?

The fact that we have made the immigration process so complicated complex and restrictive that women and girls are willing to submit themselves to the hazards of the Coyote Underground is utterly despairing.

I'm Hispanic and I had a discussion with my Hispanic employees several years ago where they wanted to close my business for a day to protest something in regards as to how America was treating Illegals.

I said absolutely not and not because of the money , but they were asking and focusing on the wrong question which was something along the lines as your question.

They were saying that its not fair how America is treating illegals. First I said they are here illegally, Secondly my question to them was why are they ONLY blaming America and not their own country for making the conditions so intolerable that they are willing to come to this country illegally.

My family came here from Cuba because CUBA Sucked, period!!. Blaming America for having to cross the ocean in a shrimp boat and risking our lifes to better ourselves is just silly. I blame Cuba for my families willingness to risk our life to get out of that place so we could have a future.

Not to say America doesn't have its own problem because it does and our gov't has become blatantly corrupted while our politicians are talking B$ when it comes to immigration, but its far better than Cuba and many other countries.

edit on 58229America/ChicagoWed, 24 Feb 2016 21:58:57 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 02229America/ChicagoWed, 24 Feb 2016 22:02:03 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

From the "source":

Donald Trump won the Hispanic vote tonight in Nevada.

41% of Hispanic Republicans voted for Trump compared to 29% who supported Rubio.

The article or headline would make it seem as though Hispanics in general support Trump, they dont.

These are Hispanic REPUBLICANS.

It may be true that of the Hispanic GOP, Trump got more of their votes but not disproportionately. Like everyone else in the state, most of the voters, including Hispanics, voted for Trump.

Trump won with 46% of the total vote to Rubio's 24%, but the Hispanic vote was 41% and 29% respectively.

So it could actually be argued that Rubio got disproportionately more Hispanic votes based on the overall percentages.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: galaga

Didn't I specify in general?

WE? Who is we?

If you're born in Mexico, you are Mexican.

Yeah, pulling up your superior heritage.

I was not born in Mexico. I was born here in the USA. I already said we dont think of ourselves as superior. We just dont like to be called Mexican because we are not, We, my people, are Spanish New Mexican. How damn hard is it for you to understand that?

Why would anyone call you mexican?

And what is spanish new mexican?

Spanish people that live in mexico?

Sorry, i've never heard of that.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

In the end, we deserve our crap leaders. We are crap people.

I dont even want to bother anymore. The world is full of highly trained animals in people clothing.

edit on 2 25 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

(Let's just forget as your first and subsequent articles prove ... that Trump's comments at his Jun 16th campaign announcement referred to rapists being sent here, and that the Fusion article has to do with rape that happens to women on the way here ... you found a link and that's all I asked for.)

Naw, we can't forget that. He did say it very poorly. And between his poor choice of words (perhaps his misunderstanding?) and the subsequent efforts of the media to distort and contort his meaning, the message is virtually incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't already know what he's talking about. Hence our little roundabout.

Nothing in the immigration debate is more important. At least not to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Yeah, their are laws already out their to fine business that hire illegals. The problem is that they are seldom enforced and when they are its usually against the small fry and not the real culprits that are causing the issue in mass scale.

Sheriff Joe was going after the big fish... and the lawsuit shut him down. Our last Governor tried... and federal lawsuits shut her down. The rot starts at the top.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the Social Security Numbers. The feds are raking in big bucks with the illegals paying into taxes and Social Security, with no payout back to them. It's free money to the feds (and the states). Not to mention the appreciation of Big Biz in the form of campaign contributions and Heaven only knows what else!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Okay. I'm glad you got to make your point, and I'm sure others appreciate it as well.

Regardless of the respective percentages, my point still stands. Of course, given how low the bar was set by those claiming that Trump would "never" get the Hispanic vote, it wasn't that difficult.

Some are surprised that Trump has any support from Hispanics. It was believed that Latinos would never support someone who has spoken so harshly about immigrants. Immigration is seen as a litmus test for many Hispanics. If you lose voters with harsh immigration rhetoric, the thinking goes, they won't bother listening to where a candidate stands on other issues.

Source: Fox News Latina

They were wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

In the end, we deserve our crap leaders. We are crap people.

I don't like to think it, but yeah, we do. Like attracts like. But I also like to think we can do better. When we know better we do better.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yep, illegal immigration is a WIN WIN for gov't and the Oligarch. The burden is only on the average American tax payers back , that is why like you demonstrated they will go out of their way to prevent going after the real people that are causing the issue.

That is also why they keep the people focused on everything else but the American companies that are benefiting from hiring the illegals which is giving them the incentive to come here.

We can stop immigration overnight. but its apparent that neither the Gov't or the Oligarch want to stop it. That is why its my political litmus test to see if the candidates is either lying or stupid.

So far in this election from the cesspool of candidates we have (Rubio,Trump,Cruz,Clinton,Sanders), Sanders was the only one that said the truth which saddens me as I'm a libertarian.

Sanders said the two key things:
1. You stop immigration by heavily fining and prosecuting the Americans companies that hire them.

2. Illegal immigration is engrained into our economy, and immediate stopping it would likely cause the US a huge economic impact.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That is also why they keep the people focused on everything else but the American companies that are benefiting from hiring the illegals which is giving them the incentive to come here.

Yup. Divide and conquer. They keep us blaming each other... fighting each other... hating each other. And they do what they will. It's exactly because of that MO that any and every time something happens and the media and political critters want me to blame my fellow Americans (or fellow man/woman), I take another look -- a hard look -- for what's really going on.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It's the "small fry" that get busted because large corporations operating in the US don't have jobs suitable for unskilled, unqualified illegals.

Small construction companies? Sure.

Small landscaping companies? Sure.

Small restaurant owner? Sure.

Private, small motel? Sure.

Fruit stand? Sure.

Semiconductor plant? Nope.

Software company? Nope.

Engineering firm? Nope.

Law firm? Nope.

The BIG companies hire highly trained people for specialized tasks that take education and experience. Low paying, entry level type jobs are often found with local, small businesses that are a sole proprietorship.

I'd like to see an illegal immigrant who is a doctor, lawyer, engineer or someone else in a field that requires at least a masters degree...I'm sure they DO exist in tiny, minute numbers...but it's the low-paying entry level type jobs that no one else wants to do.
edit on 25-2-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's the "small fry" that get busted because large corporations operating in the US don't have jobs suitable for unskilled, unqualified illegals.

There are large corporations,construction,and hospitality corporations that benefit as well indirectly and directly, and they have those big corporations lobbying power behind them.

I'd like to see an illegal immigrant who is a doctor, lawyer, engineer or someone else in a field that requires at least a masters degree...I'm sure they DO exist in tiny, minute numbers...but it's the low-paying entry level type jobs that no one else wants to do.

They do, they just made them legal by giving them an H1 Visa. Their pay and benefits is no where near what an equivalent American worker would get.

The bottom line its about decreasing employee overhead and its impacting our economy.

there are pro an cons to outsourcing and allowing illegals to the economy, but it appears to me we are now on the down slope and had our upswing of it.

edit on 30229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 19:30:27 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: galaga

It's actually pretty fascinating how horribly misunderstood the Hispanic minority segment is.

I quite literally saw someone's jaw drop when they met a "Mexican" from Mexico City who had blond hair and blue eyes. Americans...we're a funny and sheltered group.

I wouldn't pin that on just Americans; every time I travel outside the country I always run into people who say I am not American because I don’t have blond hair and blue eyes. I was detained once by an Ecuadorian customs agent because he was convinced my passport was not real.
edit on 25-2-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Trump got a majority of Hispanic GOP caucus support in Nevada, not a majority of Hispanics. Slight difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join