It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders Leads Clinton By Six Percent Nationally In New Poll

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Sorry but I REFUSE to vote for someone who didn't get a job until after he was 40. *Of course most voting for him don't wanna work...soooooo*

But if his positions are well known, the person, it turns out, is less known. Before Sanders was a U.S. senator, before he was a congressman, before he was mayor of Burlington — before he won one shocking election, then 13 more — he was a radical and an agitator in the ferment of 1960s and '70s Vermont, a tireless campaigner and champion of laborers who didn’t collect his first steady paycheck until he was an elected official pushing 40 years old.

Source

3 pages of inspiration -- a man following his dream and coming from dirt poor to make it all the way to US Senator -- even being named one of America's top 20 mayors and that's all you got out of it? Enjoyed the source link -- what an inspiration he is and what a fine example of sticking to your message for all these years.

Sanders went on to win another election in 1998, and another in 2000, and another in 2002, and another in 2004, and was elected to the Senate in 2006. In 2012, 40 years after he got 2.2 percent of the vote in his first bid for the Senate, he was reelected to that seat with 71 percent. “He’s very trustworthy,” said Donna Kaplan, who gave him $20 when he was running for governor in 1976. “What Bernie is saying is the truth,” said Bob McKee, who gave him $100 during that campaign. “And he’s never wavered,” said Betty Clark, a friend from his time with Liberty Union.

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 24-2-2016 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
6% is not enough to win, he needs to lead by about 15-20% if not more to stand a chance.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I hope I am wrong; I'd prefer Sanders knocked Hilary out of the race.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

All true and you're correct, HRC and her campaign wants to paint the perception that its all over for Sanders.

Problem is however.........the Congressional Black Caucus has endorsed Clinton, not Sanders, and throughout the South and the Midwest, the Congressional Black Caucus can deliver every Black precinct by a very large margin and those precincts have substantial Hispanic populations sprinkled through them but..........the Hispanic turnout is very, very low and their votes are overwhelmed by sheer numbers of both legitimate and fraudulent Black votes because......the Precinct's are run by Black organizations.

I'm just throwing this out for consideration, I'm not making an argument and I'd love to see Sanders forge ahead, but I don't see it. For example, I'd have to guess, (educated on the basis of experience) that Clinton will take Texas by a large margin. The Black Congressional Caucus can deliver Houston, San Antonio and Dallas by large margins.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
#WhichHillary Hashtag is currently trending on twitter

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: centarix

Ya blame Sanders, it was terrible that he took away his support after the bill was amended into something he disagreed with.

Well you had some facts in your post, just left out the pesky ones. lol's

u r funny!

You pretend to know more about this, so are you going to just brag about how much more you know about facts or are you going to spill them out? The ball is back in your court, obviously.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join