It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijab Day..? give me a break you hypocrites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So Hijab day passed recently. Not sure if you have all heard but this was a day where people could go and wear a hijab to "know what it is like". So you can know there is nothing to be afraid of or whatever right? lol.

Anyways, this recently happened in Canada and there has been backlash to it. Obviously the SJW's, Muslims and MSM are saying this is more reason to have these types of things. Many Canadians are against it because we don't like slavery and oppression of women here. Also it is not required by the religion so it's not religious, just cultural.

But wait, there is hypocrisy!

These same Muslim women are unwilling and will not remove their hijabs to know what it's like for normal people, for the rest of Canada. (normal meaning people not required to wear bags on heads to appease pedophile prophets from ancient times).

Pathetic if you ask me.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Do you think they will also have a 'Sex Through a Sheet Day' so people can know what it feels like to be a Hasidic Jew?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
As a Canadian, I've never heard of Hijab day.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It happened the other day and has been in the news recently. I never heard of it either until they were talking about it on the radio.

I mean personally I have no problem with the things, it's like a baseball hat, but if they say "try this on to know what it's like for us" then according the the golden rule and common decency they would also remove theirs to see what it's like for everyone else, but they refuse that part. That's what really makes me mad and disgusted at this.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Do you think they will also have a 'Sex Through a Sheet Day' so people can know what it feels like to be a Hasidic Jew?

Now is that the one where you use rubber sheets and baby oil on a water bed? Or is it a different kind of kink?

-dex

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I dont think anyone has heard of it.

But I have to question the wisdom of these events and activities which I assume are meant to encourage acceptance and understanding.

I find that often times they just cause hate and resentment as can be easily detected in the "DumpMaster's" tone.

Kind of curious as to the meaning and inspiration for the name "DumpMaster" but please, dont enlighten me.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yah, errr, I dont think this is quite the same thing, though admittedly, I'm no expert on the matter.

edit on 24-2-2016 by gladtobehere because: "DumpMaster"

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I bet they never pass a blunt day so we can all experience what it's like to be a Rastafarian.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I must know more, I demand to know more. I want to know what it is like to be a Hasidic Jew.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What about an immortal underwear day like the Mormons wear, a cassock day, kilt day, demise Russo kaftan day
It's all a little silly really

I couldn't imagine banks being to happy

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Careful of your words, people might not take too kindly to disparaging comments re their faith (and prophet(s))

Also, although I'm not a biggest supporter of the Hijab, having them take it off to experience life without one would be pointless. Most people don't wear one so we aren't ridiculed for NOT wearing one.

edit on 24-2-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Just wanted to say I am not against Muslims but I am against all religions.

I just find it so backwards and offensive that they are asking everyone to do what they will not do.

Also I didn't insult anyone or any prophet, that's from their book. I didn't make it up, it's written in their holy book.
edit on 24-2-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The hijab is not slavery or oppression of women. Yes it's optional for them, some regions may require it. The total covering of their face and body is the oppressive form of it where they have no choice. People need to be educated on the difference so the later begets all the vile from us "modern" people.

To be quite honest, I find the hijab to be attractive on some women; partly because I like the idea that they've decided to be conservative about themselves.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
All religions think they own the women and make laws accordingly. One day, I hope we evolve beyond gods and demons and believe in what we see or can prove. I was trapped in Christianity and watched my mother abused every day. A man who marries an uneducated 15 yr old is not a good man. And most religious men fear the day women realize they can stand and fight as well as a man. Just in a different way. Like the women in Israel, they can get abortions paid for by the government.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
The hijab is not slavery or oppression of women. Yes it's optional for them, some regions may require it. The total covering of their face and body is the oppressive form of it where they have no choice. People need to be educated on the difference so the later begets all the vile from us "modern" people.

To be quite honest, I find the hijab to be attractive on some women; partly because I like the idea that they've decided to be conservative about themselves.

Yeah you're totally right on that one. Also, I like the ones women from India sometimes wear, they are all so colorful and nice compared with the middle eastern pure black style.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Why do you care so much what other people do and wear?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why do you care so much what other people do and wear?

I don't. I have a huge problem with religions though, and I found it very annoying that this group is asking everyone else to try their thing all the while refusing to try what everyone else does. Huge hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I bet they never pass a blunt day so we can all experience what it's like to be a Rastafarian.

What about 420...?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Meh, religion be hypocritical. Nothing new there. Of all the things religions are hypocritical about though, this is one that is on the low end of the spectrum.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Yah, errr, I dont think this is quite the same thing, though admittedly, I'm no expert on the matter.

Would you like to be?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
People go on about Religion and it's issues. Oh which it has many.

But if anything I've witnessed religion (mainly Christianity) move with the times. yes, it has some catching up to do. But it's always been Religion's inability to adapt that has caused it's issues. Now? I think some religions are accepting change.

Of course this depends on where you are in the world. The Hijab is a fine example of unwillingness to change. On that note, however, some could argue the negative side of religion changing with the times.... How long before it loses it's focus? And I mean it's real focus (faith) not the man made dogma.
edit on 24-2-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join