It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Democrats win government controls industry - If Republicans win industry controls government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That is it - the rest is political crap - Republicans and Democrats don't really give a damn about the other issues - abortion, women's rights, gay rights, gun control or any of the numerous other issues they use to manipulate your vote.

This election is more than any other before it an ultimate power struggle between the left and the right. All other issues including big ones like people's rights and government rights are of little interest - It's an ultimate power struggle between the major political factions ruling the US.

And 'we the people' is reduced to government vs. industry and may the better politician win

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If republicans win the plutocrats push the right side of their agenda, If democrats win the plutocrats push the left side of their agenda.

We continue to get screwed.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

What makes you think that big Wall Street money, banks and industries are not already sponsoring Clinton's coffers? Heck I think there are Republican money sponsoring her at this point because they are scared of Sanders and Trump.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I am no economic expert, but seems there are many more moving pieces to controlling an economy/government than a single election..... or are you saying that is the path we will begin to head down?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What industry is left in the US? I can only name a couple . A small portion of automobile manufacturing and carpet manufacturing. Well there is power generation. But that is already heavily regulated by the government .There are foreign owned plants that operate in the US. But they do so w/o a lot of the taxes , with local and state grants and amenities , and not as much regulation . So I guess , yes there are foreign industries operating in the US that could fit the bill.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
But the bottom line is that no matter who wins, the elites in the corporations and government are cooperating to enslave us all.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Farlander because: changed a word

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If Hillary wins, she will cough a lot and steal power on a scale not seen since FDR...

If Trump wins, he will curse alot and wield power on a scale not seen since Nixon...

Either way, the electorate will have to wait and see....I cannot fathom taxes, health insurance and border collapse will change one iota....but here's hoping

Of course, I am part of the evil group of financially prepared folks who married one woman, had only one kid at nearly 40 (after 10 yrs of marriage) and have ALWAYS spent within our means...

But it's people like us that sanders and hillary seem to despise the most....law abiding ultra high earners who did it through decades of hard work and delayed gratification...
But their millennial and baby boomer base have no concept of this philosophy....they want it now and want it to be the best...

Sorry folks, life requires time and sacrifice regardless of what your communist overlords promise...

-Christosterone

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
That is it - the rest is political crap - Republicans and Democrats don't really give a damn about the other issues - abortion, women's rights, gay rights, gun control or any of the numerous other issues they use to manipulate your vote.

This election is more than any other before it an ultimate power struggle between the left and the right. All other issues including big ones like people's rights and government rights are of little interest - It's an ultimate power struggle between the major political factions ruling the US.

And 'we the people' is reduced to government vs. industry and may the better politician win

Let me just say.... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, lol. If you believe there is any difference you have not been watching the ball. With political parties, there may be different paths, but the travel time is the same. All roads lead to the same hell.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I would not want Government in control of anything as they are corrupt and completely incompetent. Are you saying I should vote Republican?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Democrats win... industry controls the govt... if Republicans win industry controls the govt... either way we are screwed..

(by Industry I am referring to corporations in general)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Democrats win... TPTB control the country
Republicans win... TPTB control the country
about time you learn the system is riged

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

It doesn't matter, industries and private interest has been running this country for decades, we has been screwed for a long time and its not going to change with the system of government we support as citizens right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If this were before Reagan, I would agree completely. Now however, I would say that the corporate state has won the day. I think the politicians in charge of the Democrats rely on voters continuing to believe in the way you suggest. It was true my friend but I think we are now well past that.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
No, no matter who wins, Industry controls government.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

This is pretty accurate in the sense that democratic policies are absolutely detrimental towards small businesses. It's almost like Dem's seems to WANT us all to work at Wal-Mart and depend in them for healthcare, food, etc. The Republicans are the exact opposite, but some of the things that make it possible for small businesses to thrive are also exploited by less honest corporate entities. So, depends what you value more? Just to be fair, Dem policies won't stop corruption any more than gun laws stop shootings in Chicago.

new topics

top topics

join