It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Theatre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
A Change Of Seasons

This song is great, the band's breakthrough fresh out of college as trained professional musicians.

Important is the symbology of the album cover, personal, so there's no way to explain it without revealing my identity.

Enjoy.

Feel free to add Dream Theater stuff to this thread if you're a fan.

edit on 23-2-2016 by Godhead because: fix link

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Great stuff, I'll have to check out more. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Why would you be so concerned about revealing yourself?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I prefer "Six degrees.." but then that band does not get very much air play down around Texas way, I think it is due to all the precanned radio stations down here.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
DUDE!!!

Absolutely one of my favorite bands.

They just released a new album by the way.

Get ready for an eargasm of technical wizardry.

Portnoy who?

edit on 24-2-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
DUDE!!!

Absolutely one of my favorite bands.

They just released a new album by the way.

Get ready for an eargasm of technical wizardry.

Portnoy who?

The new double album is incredible. INCREDIBLE.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Guitarist John petrucci is without a doubt the driving force in the band.
Listening to this song from his solo album is evidence to show his incredible sense of brutal vs. beautiful.
He brings this songwriting to DT albums endlessly.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Suspended Animation is INCREDIBLE as well. Such an excellent CD.

Watch out for Angel Vivaldi though, he reminds me a lot of Petrucci. Misha Mansoor isn't half bad either, just a different style. Actually screw it, there is just too many to name and compare. It all starts becoming an opinion after a while or until Buckethead says knock it off, lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Astonishing disappointment. Well, actually not so disappointing as I saw the song titles before it was released and thought this looked really stupid. Mangini has physical talent up the wazoo but couldn't write anything exciting or even interesting and we've got four discs of him with the band at this point.

It's been ten years since the last halfway decent album from DT in Octavarium and it's been downhill from there, especially when MP left. It had to happen but that was the death knell for this band IMO. After plunking my twenty bucks down for The Astonishing I realized this will be the last time they get any money from me and I've been on the Dream Theater bandwagon since the early '90's.

I think the proper way to say this is "They had a good innings". It's over, move on, go listen to Haken or some other decent band that's out and about these days. Heck, Anthrax is a older band and still capable of writing good songs. I just saw them perform two songs off the yet to be released album(just a couple days out on that one) and they were good songs. Worship Music from 2011 is a killer album. Why can't DT write decent songs anymore?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If this doesnt give you goose bumps.....

www.youtube.com...

I can't imbed im on my mobile

top topics

join