It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope wants the US to save Cuba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Pope wants Capitalist America to save another lost leftist child-----lost to Fidel Castro's utopian nightmare.

Why is it important for Communist Cuba to trade with the US----there are hundreds of other countries they could trade with.

My guess is that the other countries expect to be paid in cash----Cuba has no cash-----money bad, people with money bad, except for Fidel and his friends and family----they have lots of money, for them money goooood.

Cuba did just fine without America----why do they need us now?

Perhaps they need our bad, bad money-----to feed the Cuban population----who is sick and tired of living in poverty (the poverty they created when they put Castro in power).

The word is out that America has a very generous welfare system and Cuba wants some of it------I assume.

Surly they don't want to do any Capitalist type trade?-----isn't that beneath them?

[edit on 10-1-2005 by sleeper]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
where is your source? As is it now, this is just another of your lies, sleeper, but a little more overt.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I do believe his source is this:
www.catholicnews.com...

sleeper has overblown this. I personally believe in Capitalism myself. But I do see how Communism is, and its benefits, but is obvious to tell that it is the Dictators that have a hand in making it so Communist Societies do not work. Not all by themselves, because Communism does have its flaws. But when someone takes the money that is needed for the people to live in a Communist Society and uses it for themselves it is a horrible choice that will lead to failure of the Society. If a Communist Society should work they need a benevolent Dictator, Fidel Castro is not one. If Fidel Castro dies, which I must say does not seem many years away, hopefully he will be replaced by a more benevolent leader, or communism will be put away with in Cuba. Then I believe we would be more willing to stop the tariffs.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sleeper listens to too much right-wing propaganda.

Cuba would be fine if it were not for US Trade sanctions.

The capitalist elite which controls the US Government indeed create the conditions in Cuba which they blame "communism" on.

The capitalist elite wish fidel to be overthrown so they could install a resource hoarding capitalist system.

The capitalist elite want control of every atom in this world, literally. They are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands in Iraq... while they fill there private accounts with the money gained from that.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
sleeper is a troll, and i cant fathom why people like him (who fag up the boards) dont get banned. Take charge of your forums admins and ban the idiots for christ's sake. Everytime i see a poster like him, i have to stop myself from closing this page and going back to other proper intelligent, moderated forums, and im sure theres hundreds of others who do the same.

new topics

top topics

join