It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Satanism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Your interest is apparently telling everyone about a subject you know nothing about then.

Your interest seems to be trying to convince others that you are an authority on a subject when even you admit you're not interested in anything your subject matter has to say about the subject.

It's amazing that you're such an expert on something you won't even bother looking into and advise everyone to Run Away From Fast.

How then could you possibly know anything about such things when you Run from any knowledge pertaining to it??? Obviously, you can't.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Your interest is apparently telling everyone about a subject you know nothing about then.

I don’t need to know anything about pedophilia, rape, murder, bestiality to know it’s WRONG.

You don’t need to educate yourself on EVIL to know it’s EVIL.

Your interest seems to be trying to convince others that you are an authority on a subject when even you admit you're not interested in anything your subject matter has to say about the subject.

Quit presuming or we are done discussing..
I’ve made myself clear. I am no authority on satanism because I wouldn’t waste my time to educate myself on the making of shat. I’m not interested on how shat smells, the consistency, or the quality of shat. Why shat was invented or why shat is appealing to others as all I see is shat and I know shat when I see it.

It's amazing that you're such an expert on something you won't even bother looking into and advise everyone to Run Away From Fast.

Amazing? What's amazing is you don't get it. I'm not an expert on satanism nor do I pretend to be.
And again, quit presuming.
As for advising others to RUN? Yeah, that’s kind of what you tell people you care about.

How then could you possibly know anything about such things when you Run from any knowledge pertaining to it??? Obviously, you can't.

Again - at the risk of repeating myself.
I don’t have to know how shat is made to know it stinks. To know it’s not edible. To know I shouldn't hold it up as something precious or to serve shat in any way.

If you don’t get what I’m saying? Oh well. I think there are those that do and that’s all that counts because honestly there is NOTHING you could tell me about satanism that would make me go ‘Oh wow! I need to hug up to that shat, it’s just great!”

Straight from the pits of hell. Period.

edit on 4851Friday201713 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Could you maybe clarify what I'm looking at in this photo? Did you're god make smog? Is it a low pressure front coming into contact with a high pressure front? Is your god really that bored with the entire universe tonuse as his playground that he decided to screw with Moscow's weather? I'm genuinely confused and would be ever so grateful if you could clarify what your believe the photo depicts. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

So you know nothing about it, make no effort in learning anything about it, admit you're no expert in it and don't care to hear anything about it, yet you somehow know it's evil and from the pit of hell and nobody else should know anything about it either.

Gotcha.

Well, I know you're wrong about labeling what I've said as a "Sack or crap." What I said was absolutely true. If you ask Satanists about Satanism they'll tell you what I said they would tell you. Which BTW is all I've said so far. Never did I say to believe them, or join them, or that they're great people, or anything else.

Also, I know you're not an expert on Satanism, but you are acting like you are with the stuff you keep saying. You're claiming to know that it's Evil and will condemn your soul, etc. Making those claims is asserting you know what it's all about. Or at least know something about it. I'm not presuming anything other than what you're implying.

I know exactly what you're saying also. That doesn't mean I agree with you nor does it mean what you're saying is logical either. What you're saying is just typical BS that I've heard before however. Your comparisons and examples also make no sense either and if actually looked at logically aren't even true comparisons that are valid.

You're just demanding that you're correct about a topic you don't know anything about nor have any evidence for some of what you claim.

The one and only thing I've claimed so far I can show ample evidence for. Not that you would ever look at it as you've said already.

I will agree with you that we need not continue this discussion however. So at least we can agree on something.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I asked them for an explanation too and got no answer.

Clearly they're more interested in making false claims and implying who knows what rather than making any sense or providing any actual real information.

Not surprising.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

I don’t need to know anything about pedophilia, rape, murder, bestiality to know it’s WRONG.

You don’t need to educate yourself on EVIL to know it’s EVIL.

I know that you will immediately dismiss anything I have to say, but for those who are actually interested in learning the truth as opposed to spreading willfully ignorant lies...

I've been a member of the COS for 19 years and I agree with you 100% that the above mentioned acts are absolutely vile and pure evil. I have never participated in, seen or heard of anyone outside of the 1980's "Satanic Panic" (which turned out to be nothing more than a false witch hunt to slander innocent people) who would condone or participate in such acts. In fact, there are far more Christians who engage in these acts than Satanists.

I don't need to agree with other people, ever. But I at least have a healthy amount of respect for those who engage in due diligence and base their opinion on informed facts as opposed to willful ignorance, which is the path of least resistance and the one you choose to take. It's just pure laziness because your mind is already made up so its easier to dismiss an entire group of people based on a straw man paradigm that exists only in your mind. So much for the ATS motto of Deny Ignorance!

Quit presuming or we are done discussing..
I’ve made myself clear. I am no authority on satanism because I wouldn’t waste my time to educate myself on the making of shat. I’m not interested on how shat smells, the consistency, or the quality of shat. Why shat was invented or why shat is appealing to others as all I see is shat and I know shat when I see it.

Whether you make it clear or not, it is self evident that you are entirely clueless and have zero interest in understanding the truth. Its pretty sad and pathetic actually.

Amazing? What's amazing is you don't get it. I'm not an expert on satanism nor do I pretend to be.
And again, quit presuming.
As for advising others to RUN? Yeah, that’s kind of what you tell people you care about.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! You remind me of that fairy tale. Warning people of things that aren't coming is just silly. But if it engages your rigorous attitude of moral superiority then by all means, don't let me stand in your way!

Again - at the risk of repeating myself.
I don’t have to know how shat is made to know stinks. To know it’s not edible. To know I shouldn't hold it up as something precious or to serve shat in any way.

No, but it helps to understand if something you think is shat, is actually shat or not. People who don't want to know about things that scare them because they can't handle dealing with facts have a name.... they are our representatives in the federal government. We call them Congressmen/women, Senator and Mr. President. You are taking the same tactics as ant-gun liberals in congress who think that the AR in AR-15 stands for automatic rifle

you don’t get what I’m saying? Oh well. I think there are those that do and that’s all that counts because honestly there is NOTHING you could tell me about satanism that would make me go ‘Oh wow! I need to hug up to that shat, it’s just great!”

Nobody wants you to like it or embrace it. Some of us just think that the defacto position based on willful ignorance makes those who promote those views appear to be dolts. If you want to actually engage in an adult dialogue and discuss the facts and the differences between theistic and agnostic/atheistic satanism, I'm more than happy to discuss actual facts. If you want to simply spread fear and ignorance then I don't think anyone really gives a shat as you would say.

from the pits of hell. Period.

Hell would have to be a real thing for that comment to carry any weight. Hell, as a place of eternal torment and suffering, isn't mentioned in any of the accepted versions of the Holy Bible. And honestly, teaching children to fear a place of eternal suffering iuf they don't follow your personal worldview is in and of itself, child abuse. In Hebrew, only the word Sheol is mentioned. People have attempted to translate that as hell but all Sheol means in "grave". Scaring children into following your version of things is just wrong. The teachings of Christ should stand on their own merit. There should be no need to scare people into following your faith if it has any legitimacy.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm going to regret even posting in this thread but there is just far too much ignorance and disinformation being thrown around for me to stand by idly.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Probably.

But I think you're doing very well so far.

You're actually giving an informed opinion about this subject and putting out facts instead of superstition. Good for you.

You'll most likely either be attacked or ignored however by those who refuse to honestly discuss this though.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
How can anyone call themselves rational when they believe in the Big Bang and the theory of Evolution?
How rational is it to think there was nothing which exploded and became everything?
Clinging to evolution when it ascribes to random genetic mutations which not only have to happen once, but twice so you have a male and a female capable of reproduction?
Why is it irrational to look at nature and see the astounding complexity and beauty of it all, the intricate way everything works together and think there is a divine intelligence behind it?
Is random mutation a better explanation? Really?
I did a lot of self-worship in my younger days, life has taught me humility and that I'm not that terribly special, at least no more than anyone else.
Living only to please one's self I found rather empty and void of meaning and happiness.
I found that I'm happiest when giving to others and not thinking about myself.
The idea of God, Christ and the Holy spirit works fine for me.
It doesn't threaten my intellect or dull my curiosity one iota.
The idea that somehow the church suppresses science is a farce.
The university system was begun by Catholic monks as were many of the sciences we know today.
Western civilization as we know it is largely due to the efforts of the Catholic church.
But Marxist professors would rather choke than teach the truth.
Of course this only my opinion which I am only stating for the record and not for the sake of argument.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Observationalist

Well, I'm not talking about judging religion. What I'm saying is that using one religion to define something without considering how another definition defines that same something will leave you without a true definition possibly.

In this case we're talking about Satan. Christianity defines Satan one way while Satanists define Satan completely differently.

For example, some Satanists don't believe in a deity named Satan at all. They are just hedonists basically and don't worship any gods at all. Other Satanists think of Satan as just a symbolic idea. They don't believe in the anthropomorphic being named Satan. He just represents certain ideas and stuff but they don't pray to him or anything because they don't believe anyone is listening. Then some other Satanists actually believe in Satan the same way Christians believe in God.

So basically what I'm saying is that if you want to know what Satanists believe you should see what they have to say about it. Don't just listen to Christians about it because they'll tell you what they believe satanists believe not what Satanists may actually believe.

That would be like asking a Mormon what Buddhists believe or something like that. Why not just ask a person of that religion instead of some other religion??

Thanks for the explanation

So then would this also apply to an athiest who says that God is evil and Christians are stupid, Would that be the same? He or she is being lazy and not trying to understand the religious belief from the others perspective.

Or could satanists pick a different name that would remove the confusion? Maybe Antichritians, amoralist, athiest who like rituals.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
How can anyone call themselves rational when they believe in the Big Bang and the theory of Evolution?

Maybe because Evolution by Natural/Artificial Selection is something we can all see for ourselves and/or even participate in. We can literally see it happen. Make reliable predictions based off the process. Stuff like that.

BTW, the Big Bang and Evolution are two different areas of science.

How rational is it to think there was nothing which exploded and became everything?

That depends upon how those terms are applied and how well it's explained. Because it's a bit more complex than that and knowing those added complexities makes a big difference.

At least it doesn't rely on Magic though. Or other supernatural things with zero evidence to support them.

Clinging to evolution when it ascribes to random genetic mutations which not only have to happen once, but twice so you have a male and a female capable of reproduction?

Evolution Theory has actually developed far beyond just that one function though.

Why is it irrational to look at nature and see the astounding complexity and beauty of it all, the intricate way everything works together and think there is a divine intelligence behind it?

Well, for one, things aren't always so beautiful or work in such great ways together making for examples where Divine Intelligence would have really screwed things up.

But really, there isn't anything wrong with thinking that if you want. But to believe that it's also true and accurate you should be able to show how that is also possible. Otherwise it's just your own wishful thinking.

I suppose it is being that we can actually show that it's happening. Whether it's better or not is a matter of opinion. But at least we know it's real.

I did a lot of self-worship in my younger days, life has taught me humility and that I'm not that terribly special, at least no more than anyone else.
Living only to please one's self I found rather empty and void of meaning and happiness.
I found that I'm happiest when giving to others and not thinking about myself.

That's perfectly fine. Nobody said you had to change.

That's certainly debatable. Just ask Galileo.

The university system was begun by Catholic monks as were many of the sciences we know today.
Western civilization as we know it is largely due to the efforts of the Catholic church.
But Marxist professors would rather choke than teach the truth.
Of course this only my opinion which I am only stating for the record and not for the sake of argument.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion of course. But we're entitled to argue that you're opinion has flaws in it too. In a friendly way if possible.

edit on 30-6-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

I guess that would depend upon whether or not they've actually tried to understand that other religion at some point.

I'm not saying everyone within on Religion knows nothing about another. I'm just suggesting that you should at least get information from someone within that religion as well.

Why would you not at least ask someone within Satanism about Satanism??? You can ask Christians or whomever else as well, but it would seem like a logical step to also ask a Satanist too don't ya think???

Actually, I've often though that Satanists might want to consider choosing a different name as it's confusing for most. Because of the fact that they've chosen the name which is borrowed from within another Religion does cause a problem I think. As for those choices you mention...Antichristians is too specific as they are more than just that. Amoralists won't work because they still have a moral code most of the time. Ritualistic Atheists won't work either because Satan is sometimes viewed as a God and so excludes Atheism.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I can only speak from the perspective of an Anthropologist as physics wasn't my area of study, but to be quite honest, there isn't another Scientific Theory that has more evidence and support in the history of science than the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis. Including Gravity. Yes... there is more evidence that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor than there is for gravity. In turn, how is it rational to entirely discount the above mentioned theories, when you misunderstand them to the extent that you misrepresent the positions put forth by those theories? If you don't actually understand them, I don't find it terribly fair to insist that they are irrational. Furthermore, when working in Paleoanthropology, I worked with many Christians, I worked with Muslims, Hindu's, Jews, Agnostics, Atheists, Buddhists and one time, a Ba Ha'I. People like Dr. Francis Collins who founded the Human Genome Project and who showed the evidence for common ancestry, is a devout Christian. By all means though, feel free to falsify the MES if you feel the data is in error.

It isn't, so I guess it's a good thing that premise isn't actually what the BB Theory postulates. What it actually says, and remember, in Thermodynamics energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it only changes form... but what the BBT puts forth is that all of the energy that exists in the universe today was a some point in the distant past over 14 Bn years ago, all focused into an infinitely dense singularity. It was this singularity the began to expand rapidly creating the first version of what our known universe is today. There was no explosion period let alone everything appearing from nothing. Thats Genesis, not BBT.

I've seen you make this claim many times and it isn't anymore true now than the other several dozen times I've seen you state it. Its a lot of information to get into this briefly and should be its own thread but genetics shows definitively that all life on Earth is related and shares a common ancestor in Eukaryotic singled celled organisms.

I suppose that depends on how one is defining "rational". Is it MORE rational to ignore mountains of scientific evidence and run with a premise and belief system that is solely a result of geography? Had you been born somewhere else in the world you would have been born into and surrounded by an entirely different belief system. One that may or may not feel as threatened as a minority of American Christians seem to be by the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis.

When there is verifiable, testable evidence supporting random mutations and not an iota of testable, repeatable or verifiable evidence of the Christian version of god, I have to say yes. It's as if you feel that your faith is threatened by evolutionary theory. It's Entirely possible that there is a god and it us beyond our ability to understand and test with the scientific method under our current technological imitations and that entity simply set things in motion and evolution is the end result of that entities orchestrations. Understanding MES doesn't mean that there is no god or gods and it shouldn't be seen as an attack on your own faith.

Isn't that essentially what the church teaches (though I shouldn't say "the church" as if it's a singular entity as Christianity has been splintering for 1000 years now since the East/West schism)? That humanity is indeed special, because we were chosen by god and made in "his" image where as all the other animals are our domain to rule over? Growing up Catholic, being an altar boy for several years and contemplating joining the seminary at 17 taught me that God made us to be special, but I can't speak for other denominations so I may be wrong on what your beliefs are. Please correct me if I am in error.

I couldn't agree more. Accepting that we have evolved over time doesn't remove meaning or make my life empty and worthless by any means.

found that I'm happiest when giving to others and not thinking about myself.

At the end of the day, isn't that really what's most important? That you are happy with the choices you have made and the path you are forging for yourself through the world? As long as you treat people with respect, then believe ehtever you like if it makes your own life more fulfilling.

It doesn't threaten my intellect or dull my curiosity one iota.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but considering the fact that this conversation has been on repeat for years and despite multiple attempts by multiple members, you still repeat the same ill informed statements regarding the BB Theory and MES... it would seem your intellectual curiosity has been dulled a little.

That all depends on the particular church doesn't it? The Ken Ham's an WBC's of the world would certainly appear to me to be at least stifling science by ignoring hard data and creating mountainous heaps of straw men to prop up their willful ignorance and straight up denial of multiple disciplines and fields of inquiry.

university system was begun by Catholic monks as were many of the sciences we know today.

The university system in the sense that they helped to develop the system of degree used in the West today... I can't say they didn't play a role. But institutions of higher education were first developed by the Greek philosophers long before Christianity was a twinkle in Abraham's wandering loins.

Marxist professors would rather choke than teach the truth.

Which truth is that? Your truth? My truth? I see a lot of hype about higher education being a tool of liberal indoctrination. From my own personal experience, that definitely wasn't the case. I was taught to think critically and challenge others as well as myself and to always look at a given problem from as many angles as possible. Only then can you find truth.

course this only my opinion which I am only stating for the record and not for the sake of argument.

Fair enough and I really am not trying to provoke an argument or pick a fight here. Just trying to provide a counterpoint. I don't have any grand delusions that I'm changing anyones worldview with my posts on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join