It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Satanism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ah yes Satan the guy responsible for Goths and Emos.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

What of military?
What about Misuse of the military?
What about forgiveness?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
They just don't make Satanist like they used to. Which I'm totally fine with.

Mostly you hear about or meet someone with enough cognitive dissonance to look away from capitalistic/naturalist mainstream values. Unfortunately what a lot of people fall into is the 'counter culture' trap; Satanism is just diametrically opposed to the status quo, part of the system (it's mirror). Or at least that what you see now-a-days.

Now, Anton LaVey has a much less benign history; at least IMHO.

He used to work for the SFPD as a crime scene photographer (ala Dexter - not the end of the Dexter parallel) for a number of years (wiki says 3 but I heard double digits e.x. 10years) and after retired from the SFPD.

Now it is around the time after LaVey quits the SFPD and buys a boat hat bodies start appearing dumped in natural bodies of water (ala Dexter.)

But the story goes LaVey had learned how to clean up a crime scene from his time on the SFPD, and that coupled with the fact the police tend to shield their own, he was never convicted of murder. But he was investigated for a while until the body count started to fray relations with his ol' boy's at SFPD.

He was an Occultist; so why he was having parties on his boat and killing people for his cult, enh we could speculate. But what I find interesting is how this is weirdly similar to the Dexter show. I wonder what the connection is; a kid of a parent that used to attend LaVey's boat parties?

I'm not surprised though, the story goes that he would kill homeless people in front of a crowd of his handpicked people on his boat. That's a lot of witnesses, according to the stories. No wonder it's still remembered dimly.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I always thought of Satanism being more or less an antagonistic theology to the easily offended Christians, that still end up fearing the Wrath of Gods backhand that decimates kingdoms out of rejecting God, or God divine power and blessings gives the cold shoulder, when they say "Its all about Love man". Christians wear white, the Satanists wear black, no different if they wore blue, and the devils believers wear red.

Also, Jesus, calling himself the Morning Star, Bringer of the Dawn, to light bearer,which is some how related to Lucifer, where Lucifer another name for the Devil, and is considered Satanic by most these days, is really f'd up if you think about it. So if they Lucifer Satanic, then that would mean Jesus is Satanic.

So Christians are really more or less witch hunting their God, since Jesus says he the Devil.

"Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear."
edit on 2-4-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

Its a valid spirituality.

It is misunderstood.

The bible is largely confused about lucifer, satan, the devil and all the other names to different beings.

Saturn is not evil.
He is the roman God of Capitol, wealth, agriculture, liberation, and time (Chronos)

That is where we get satan....

edit on 4 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm down with the flying spaghetti monster and pastafarianism. Satanism is taking provocation to a level I'd rather not participate in. A flying evil meat wad is far enough.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not every form of Satanism professes a belief in gods or spirits. While some forms of Satanism believe in spiritual entities, others have a materialistic worldview, and in relation to faith and religion, they are atheists or agnostics. Satanic spiritualists on the other hand, contend that Satan is a god or a chief evil spirit and they pursue interaction with him and other evil spirits. In contrast, those Satanists who are professed atheists and agnostics see Satanism as a philosophical worldview manifesting in a particular lifestyle often characterized by questioning authority. The spiritualitsts are more likely to perform satanic rituals, while the non-spiritualists don't.

Popular images of the Church of Satan frequently depict ethically questionable people who perform dark rites, sacrifice animals, drink the blood of small children, or something else to that effect. According to the Church of Satan itself, though, worshiping Satan isn’t what they’re about at all. Their mission statement stresses that they don’t believe in a literal Satan.Instead, Satan is used as a metaphor to represent their belief in the power of fantasy, which they say they share with many other religions. Satanists use Satan as an opposition to the fiction and the fantasy of the presence of an otherworldly, divine figure—like Christ. Rather than worshiping someone they consider just another fictional character, Satanists do the opposite by putting their faith in the worldly and tangible. The use of Satan is simply a symbol for their devotion to earthly things and their belief that they should revere other people at the same level usually reserved for the deities of other religions. The church goes on to say on its website that these are complicated concepts, and some people don’t understand. “Satanism is not intended for dummies. Satanism demands study—not worship. The capacity to think is expected of Satanists.”

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

1 - One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

2 - The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

3 - One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

4 - The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

5 - Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

6 - People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

7 - Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

thesatanictemple.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I love Satan. At least he puts it out there and doesn't demand that you worship him.

--Matthew 4:8-9
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their grandeur.
And he said to him, “I will give you all these things if you throw yourself to the ground and worship me.”

Just for the record: I don't believe in Satan.
edit on 20/9/2016 by MongolianPaellaFish because: added some other stuffs...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Peace and love ! Satanism is phariseeism ! Peace and love from the mystical metal hippie

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yep, I don't know why people always think that Satanist are just blood drinking lunatics. Usually the blood drinking lunatics are the people who worship the other guy.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

So, disinfo, a marketing strategy for evil?

I've known Satanists and no doubt they would like to conceal what there actual focus is (evil).

There is a popular form of supposed free and fun satanism which probably is just good marketing.

The information I got was, blood lust, blood drinking, human sacrifice and from observational experience black magic, demonology.

Just a warning for the unwary.

Focus on the beauty and not the shadows,have a purpose, stand for something, and all is well.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cryptic0void
and from observational experience black magic, demonology.

What was your observational experience as far as the results of those things???

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Generally liking your posts did you not read the OP? It says that Satan isn't worshiped or believed in by practicing Satanists.

Irony being, that's what Satan wants.

Obviously not only what he wants, since many sects DO worship and believe in him. Are they doing it wrong? And how do you know what he wants?

Satan wants people to turn away from God and salvation. In that way, he will have dominion over them in the afterlife.
edit on 28-6-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How do you know that's what Satan wants, assuming there is a Satan that is??

Have you talked to him about it?? Did he tell you that first hand???

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I love Satan. At least he puts it out there and doesn't demand that you worship him.

Cool guy, all around. Fun as hell to go to parties with too...

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

Satan is indeed the new-age good guy who gave us knowledge, Jesus is the new-age bad guy whose followers started Christianity and ruined the planet. We can see this philosophy all around us in every facet of western life as well as Christianity also not being tolerated in the Middle East.

The Biblical account of the "end times" predicted that this philosophy and mindset would dominate the world.

Join the "enlightened" and Hail Satan and Hate Jesus, it's the cool hip thing to do.

i imagine there were a wide variety of pagans who made similar remarks when christianity started burning down "heretical" shrines and blaspheming against their long revered deities of weather, agriculture, wisdom, battle, etc. theres a sort of rick and morty microverse vibe going on here that tickles my irony detector. i wonder how many polytheistic cultures predicted that monotheism was going to kick their door in and force them to convert at swordpoint? and now everyone is afraid of the big bad muslims who are intolerant and barbaric and a threat to world peace because of their extremist religious practices. ...eheh, my detector went off again.
edit on 28-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That there are a lot more practitioners than is thought.
Once you know what to look for.
If you have a specific question I'll try harder ; )

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

What I meant was did any of them ever say they had success from all the Dark Magick stuff or Demon Stuff???

Or did they just participate for the hell of it, or to be part of the group?? Maybe get laid or something???

I knew a woman who was into witchcraft once that said all the guys she knew that did that stuff basically just did it as an excuse to bang the chicks that were there.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It astounds me people would elect to honor something that has no honor.
Believe in someone who's the father of all lies.
Feel protected by a belief that thinks nothing of sacrificing babies.
Can't even see you're being duped into something that will leave you eternally bound in hell for a fleeting moment of feeling hip and cool here on earth.
I've never seen such stupidity being sucked up by so many who think they're so 'smart'.

peace

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

But he's only all those things to those who say he's evil.

To Christians he's the "Father of lies", "Lord of the Flies", "The great deceiver", etc. Not to them. That would be more like a bunch of Christians following Satan.

Satanists don't view it that way obviously. They either believe the reverse. Or in some cases Satan isn't even real but a symbol. It varies upon which group your talking about but for the most part what you're talking about and the labels you use are coming from a different Religion that these people don't even follow.

It would be like accusing Hindu's of following the wrong Gods because the Buddhists are saying Vishnu is evil or something. It only looks that way from some other religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join