It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious green children of woolpit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I remember this case and is indeed a fascinating one. In all honestly anything related to the inner earth has 100% of my attention I just loved it! great thread

edit on 24-2-2016 by nito92 because: Small fix

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Misterlondon

The Picts (or 'painted ones') came from Northern England.

Close. Well there would maybe have been some Picts in the northern parts of England beyond Hadrian's wall, but Picts are from Northern Scotland, not Northern England.

Get yer facts right Oz...

On Topic: Great thread OP. I've never come across this story before.
edit on 24-2-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: Herpderp

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I have heard this story before but this was in detail I hadn't heard.

That being said, I noticed something missing. You included a mention of UFOs/aliens, but neglected to mention faerie folk. I'm being serious, in so far as that's what villagers of the time thought they were, if memory serves.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

en.wikipedia.org...

The Picts were a tribal confederation of peoples who lived in what is today eastern and northern Scotland

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
An interesting tale. Lean towards another dimension.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbdulAlhazred

Close. Well there would maybe have been some Picts in the northern parts of England beyond Hadrian's wall, but Picts are from Northern Scotland, not Northern England.

Of course you are right. Northern Scotland is another place entirely from Northern England, and the Picts are from there.

However, Caesar was talking about the inhabitants of Northern England, not Scotland. That was where I confused things.

Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: chr0naut

en.wikipedia.org...

The Picts were a tribal confederation of peoples who lived in what is today eastern and northern Scotland

Och, aye!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Just wondering, if they were malnourished and suffering from (insert medical term) skin disorder why didn't they eat?

Starving children relish any food you present to them. I didn't hear mention they were emaciated, just "obviously hungry" but refusing to eat.

I guess thats not so hard to fathom considering young primates whose parents are killed by poachers often refuse to eat in captivity.

edit on 25-2-2016 by intrptr because: changed pic

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Fantastic story and one that I have never heard before, In a roundabout way it reminds me of the Monkey hangers of Hartlepool

en.wikipedia.org...

The premise of that story was during the Napoleonic wars a monkey was washed up on the Hartlepool coast and due to the locals not ever seeing a french man or the fact the monkey could not answer their questions he was sentenced and hanged as a french spy (I guess it was a he??)..

So for two children that could have been from a migrant family and with a disease, disorder or similar could well be correct and very plausable. Sadly we only have word of mouth to go on and as such with the passing of such a longtime facts do get lost and exaggerated..

RA

edit on 25-2-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Of course you are right. Northern Scotland is another place entirely from Northern England, and the Picts are from there.

However, Caesar was talking about the inhabitants of Northern England, not Scotland. That was where I confused things.

No Worries. Im mostly a lurker, and have found you usually have your head screwed on, so figured you'd prefer to know you weren't correct with that statement.

I did my best to demonstrate the basics of the sentiment by calling you "OZ", but you either missed it, or chose to ignore it!
My understanding is folk from NZ and OZ don't like to be mistaken for the other, especially when people assume NZ is part of OZ (or maybe I just knew some grumpy Kiwis!)

It's so common to come across people online that think Britain = UK = England.
Not sure if this was you, btw, just pointing it out.

Apologies to OP for any perceived thread drift.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I remember this storie from about 1976.
dont know were from? but it stuck with me.
I still love things like this.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've never heard of this case, true or not, makes to be a cool story!

Civilization within an open-Earth concept, is something I'm really on the fence about, leaning towards true.

The fact our advanced technologies, our nation leaders and global leaders in science and exploration... have spent more money and attention to moon dust and red sand, rather the planet they live on.

Reveals to me, they don't want us to explore and understand our own planet, as a human species to know the structure, the "ins-and-outs" of planet Earth..we would further advance our knowledge of planetary structures and origins.

Yet our leaders ignore inner earth and probe dead planets.

What a mystery! Do they know something common folk don't? They don't want to find out? I do!

Anyways, I think it's weird they don't invest in inner earth exploration on a global level. Map out the entire planet.

Or maybe they are, and that's what all the drilling and noises are coming from

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great read. I'm from just down the road from Bury St. Edmunds... near Ipswich, and love local stories.
Thinking of "the land of Saint Martin"... could there be a link with the village of Trimley St. Martin? There is marshland there, now called the Trimley Marshes nature reserve, which is directly next to the River Orwell. The land across is Shotley and Harwich in Essex. Trimley St. Martin is certainly an old enough settlement to have been around at the time of the green children.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This story sounds too good to be true. I call hoax on this one.

Some concocted Old Wives tale with enough turns and twists to fascinate anyone.

I am generally not a skeptic but something in my head is ringing out loud "hoax".

Nothing even before or after to remotely substantiate this story.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

No Worries. Im mostly a lurker, and have found you usually have your head screwed on, so figured you'd prefer to know you weren't correct with that statement.

I did my best to demonstrate the basics of the sentiment by calling you "OZ", but you either missed it, or chose to ignore it!
My understanding is folk from NZ and OZ don't like to be mistaken for the other, especially when people assume NZ is part of OZ (or maybe I just knew some grumpy Kiwis!)

It's so common to come across people online that think Britain = UK = England.
Not sure if this was you, btw, just pointing it out.

Apologies to OP for any perceived thread drift.

I was born in Aussie, I live in NZ, so I'm probably nationally and notionally confused!

Cheerz!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join