It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump UniversityGate scandal: Mega scam scheme promoted as Road for Riches became Highway for fools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Is it cost or content that concerns y o u?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Dear Sillyolme,

The two things are important, from one side he offered seminars which content didn't respond to the expectation his propaganda machine created around them, second he charged incredibly high fees to students of low income, and third since he pretended to be a University he was deceiving any potential student, since he was never authorized to certified anybody about anything.

People that is on these days exploiting the need of youngsters of good education by scamming them are committing a crime that must be decidedly prosecuted by authorities and of course it is a monstrosity to have such people as candidate to arrive to a government position.

Pls Check:

www.cnn.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

gizmodo.com...

www.democracynow.org...

www.nydailynews.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
These were get rich courses. So what. I wish I would have thought about it. You have a handful of people who feel cheated that they spent 30k and were not successful? I know quite a few college grads from good schools who spend 120k and say the same thing. They cannot find a job and are not successful. A lot of the time, and not just here, it is not the content but those trying to use the content who fail.

Exploitation? Oh give me a break. How about they take they 30k and try to become teachers instead of trying to be like the person that you are all knocking here. I mean, at the time, these folks wanted to be like Trump. Then they did not and feelings were hurt. I mean, talk about low IQ's. These people were spending 10's of thousands to be like someone else and be rich. That's it. There is no free lunch in America.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

These were get rich courses. So what.

Get rich quick schemes are a scam.

I wish I would have thought about it.

That doesn't show much for your own integrity.

it is not the content but those trying to use the content who fail

Get rich quick schemes lack content that gives the student the opportunity to succeed or fail on their own merit. They are given bad information to begin with.

Exploitation?

Yes.

I mean, at the time, these folks wanted to be like Trump.

Why do you assume that? Perhaps they wanted the information needed to build their own success, but the educational content was lacking. That actually appears to be their main grievance.

I mean, talk about low IQ's.

Well, that's quite an ignorant thing to say.

These people were spending 10's of thousands to be like someone else and be rich. That's it. There is no free lunch in America.

Seems to me you are making excuses, quite poorly I might add, to defend your choice of candidate.....and you have no problem with people being scammed.

So much for being a stand-up person these days, huh?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Three Card Monte is a scam. Amway is a scam. No excuses. If one of my friends came up to me and said " hey man I am going to Trump University" I would think he was high. When he told me he would spend 30k I would laugh even harder. These are grown people choosing to go to a program that does not give you a degree.

This guy seemed to think it was ok...

www.businessinsider.com...

"Ya, he wasn't accredited, that would be the only 'downplay,' calling yourself a university...everybody knew he wasn't credited. I think he provided a good service."

Zimmerman says there was no one tip or method he learned that changed his fortunes, but that he never entertained such expectations to begin with.

"If you're doing a real estate deal, not everything is cut and dry — a lot of variables in there. If you put a program together saying, 'This is what you do next' ...It could be done, but I don't think [any] go to that extent."

He also rejected the notion that course participants were only out to make a quick buck.

"I don't get the get-rich-quick thing," he said. "There's nothing there about getting rich quick. I've done real estate since 1995 off and on, it takes a lot of experience and knowledge of how things work."

To this day, he says, he uses the lessons he learned to manage his family's trust.

And if the University were able to come back in compliance with the statutes it allegedly violated, he would recommend it.

"I would still advocate the books. If Trump University ever decided to start back up, maybe if they changed the format — it's not such hard sell. I think the value is there."

But again, this is not even what I would consider news in a election cycle. It is all simple fodder to keep people from seeing him creep up to 50% in nationwide polling.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Back in 2010?? That's even older then the infamous Benghazi debacle.

So to answer your questions on the matter:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

But again, this is not even what I would consider news in a election cycle. It is all simple fodder to keep people from seeing him creep up to 50% in nationwide polling.

Of course you don't think it's news. You are a Trump fanboy. You even admit this is a scam, but still justify his slimy ways because of one man's testimony on the incident.

We demonize Hillary for things she did not even do, yet Trump runs a University scam and it's not news worthy?

The cognitive dissonance is in plain sight for all to see.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Charging people to be like me is not a crime. Ignoring requests for security that should have been fulfilled that led to the death of US citizens. Yes, there is a big difference between what should be promoted in the MSM and what actually is.

Hypocrisy is in plain sight to see also...right?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Charging people to be like me is not a crime.

It's dishonest.

Ignoring requests for security that should have been fulfilled that led to the death of US citizens.

That's false. There has never been any information released that shows Hillary even knew about the requests, let alone ignored them. The State Department security office did drop the ball and reject security requests, but it is false to say Hillary deliberately ignored them herself.

It seems to be a common occurrence around these parts for people to parrot that misinformation.

But I see that you are trying to conflate the issue in an attempt to draw attention away from the inconsistencies in your argument regarding Trump's scam.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

If you are republican sympathizer and you have not yet voted remember that today is an extremely challenging day for the GOP. Chances are that the Party become split for the arrival of an openly Anti Christian candidate that is a Tycoon willing to buy the political power at any cost.

We have seen the boost of a candidate that is clearly a menace also to the quality of the Higher education in this country, that has no respect at all for the standards that must be applied to colleges or Universities to guarantee that the students receive a really professional training and the best formation for their tuition.

Trump has already bypassed the regulations of the Education Secretary in the states he has launched his fake University, but more over of the federal education department and the agencies that are in charge of the accreditation of Higher education schools in the country.

Please use your vote to support the strongest anti Trump rival in each State to vote for. By voting divided is not going to produce any positive result, it is joining forces around the candidate that is leading behind or ahead of Trump in that state that we can make it.

These are the best candidates to support today Super Tuesday depending on which state you are right now:

American Samoa voters, pls vote Cruz.
Alaska voters, pls vote Cruz.
Alabama voters, pls vote Rubio.
Arkansas voters, pls vote Cruz.
Florida voters, pls vote Rubio.
Minnesota voters, pls vote Rubio.
Tennessee voters, pls vote Cruz.
Texas voters, pls vote Cruz.
Vermont voters, pls vote Kasich.
Virginia voters, pls vote Rubio.
Oklahoma voters, pls now it is better to vote Cruz.
Georgia voters , pls now it is better to vote Cruz.
Massachusetts voters, pls now it is better to vote Rubio.
Colorado voters, pls now it is better to vote Carson.
Michigan, pls vote Rubio,
Kentucky, pls vote Rubio,
Illinois, pls vote Rubio,
Ohio, pls vote Kasich,

Just if you are not aware let me inform you why Trump is not an eligible GOP candidate:

Trump is right now being sued in Courts of California, New york, and Florida for different scam schemes.

The last one of his scamming operations was to charge millions of dollars to students of low income for seminars offered through a University that never got any official approval to operate in California and in New York.

Pls read:

www.foxnews.com...

He is a candidate that is going to cause the first split of the Republican Party in probably the last hundred years thanks to his anti Christian policies.

www.msn.com...

The reason for which Trump hates Mexico is because he is already accused in that country as the agent of a giant scamming operation about a Baja Resort that was never built but for which he collected millions from naïve investors in San Diego and in Los Angeles.

www.sandiegored.com...

Trump was also sued in Florida due to another fraudulent project in Real state that was going to be build in Tampa.

www.tampabay.com...

The racism and xenophobic agenda that Trump is pushing against, well known against minorities like the Hispanic Americans and the Muslim Americans, does not know limits, he is also against the African Americans as incidents in his last raids show.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 3/1/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Dear Readers,

Today the country woke up to see that in spite of the incredible amount of money that Donald Trump has spent in his campaign, he got much less than what he expected:

Only 46% of the delegates in contest, 4 states in which he couldn't win, and 3 more in which he was able to win for only 0, 1 or 2 delegates of difference: Vermont, Arkansas, Virginia.

However, it seems that his apparent "victory" in this Super Tuesday will be soon remembered in History as a pyrrhic one, since the finances of Trump are seriously damaged for the lack of donations to his campaign and his uncontrolled expenses.

R. J. Lehmann of R Street writes: The Trump campaign ended the third quarter with $254,772.88 of cash on-hand, which is about 48 percent less than the $487,736.16 with which it started the quarter. Trump is therefore spending money at a faster clip than he’s raising it. Moreover, the campaign also has incurred more than $1.8 million of debts and obligations – no doubt, many of them to Trump himself (he’s billed the campaign $700,000 for the use of his jet). That leaves the campaign with negative cash, which should be a familiar position for the real estate magnate whose companies have declared bankruptcy four times.

Pls check: www.nationalreview.com...

So , if you are giving credit in any way to Trump Campaign please be careful because chances are that you can also be at some point suing him in the near future.

Thanks,

The Angel of Ligthness
edit on 3/2/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join