It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript- A Latin translation and date found in the year 1111

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Voynich Manuscript was found in Villa Mondragone by Wilfrid Voynich in 1912. For years it was held by many people and only the author new of its contents. The Voynich glyph's is a cipher likened to the proportion of Mt. Everest. It's complicated structure has had many go to their death beds with out one insight into it.

Now realizing that carbon dating is not perfect and the test done on its vellum suggests a time period of the early 15th century. My proposal which is backed up by a Latin cipher states June 25, 1111 regarding Folio 67r2'; known as the astrology wheel. Using my cipher without the capital gallows and slanted backslash glyph's, I produced a cipher which came up with a date of January 5, 1111 for folio 1r.

Here is the cipher I created and I'm very Leary about the cipher from letter, "Q" through "Z"! Right now I can't post pictures, however within this presentation the cipher is at the end of the video.

feel free to visit the site
voynichlatin.wordpress.com...
edit on 23-2-2016 by voynichman because: errors in the post

edit on 23-2-2016 by voynichman because: Pictures are not posting from chrome

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am sorry, I am not understanding your point.
Are you saying the key to understanding the text is using astrological references to unlock it?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

I wanted to post a picture to further explain myself, however errors kept happening from chrom so I posted the video and url so users can have a better understanding how I found the date and yes I did use astrology folio 67r2 and folio 1r to find the date in latin.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: voynichman

As a rare book dealer, the Voynich manuscript has always been of interest as both a puzzle and a potential antique fraud.

I'm not convinced that it is a fraud, it would make more sense for the content to be decipherable for such a scam to work (such as the Mormon forgeries).

Either way, it is fascinating.

Any and all efforts at understanding it are very much appreciated!

edit on 23-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Re: difference in dates:
Perhaps the manuscript vellum testing to the 15th. century, means that your alignment dating to 1111 is still correct, but that the manuscript is a copy of an older manuscript.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: voynichman

are you using the gregorian calender or pre gregorian to reach that date?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

I used solar scope and here is the url.

Solar Scope

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm not going to waste my time with the video, because I looked at your site, and it's utterly ridiculous.

You use the simple 1:1 substitution method you came up with (lol) to convert the Voynich text into Latin characters. Then you arbitrarily rearrange those letters however you want, with no consistency, and add/drop more arbitrary letters in the process. You've failed to conjugate about half of the Latin words, and even after all that, your resulting "translations" are still entirely nonsensical. Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Yes indeed some letters had to be dropped to find words some of the time at most 1 letter. Perhaps you did not look at all the links and notice many Latin words without letters dropped. Also Saturnus is a straight anagram, by the way the encryption for the voynich is very intricate. Solar scope does not lie aswell as the names for the planets which are amazingly accurate for folio 67r that line up for June 1111. Anyway I appreciate your time, Thank you

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My 2 cents: study the encryption methods used in ancient times. Since the manuscript has a carbon date, i'd start there.

The methodology you used would never fly among anyone with any esoteric education. Ciphers and codes were used to exchange ideas without losing your head in the process...your methodology would have gotten people killed were it ever used in pre-industrial times.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The person who got me interested in thee manuscripts many years ago was big jim at gloryroads.

I have been facinated ever since.

I dont know whatever happened to him.
He was exceptionally intelligent on the subject.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: voynichman

Yes indeed some letters had to be dropped to find words some of the time at most 1 letter.

Are you being deliberately deceitful? Here's two words in which you dropped more than one letter, taken right from the main page of your site.

Dautii, by the way, does not mean 'entertainment'. It is a very specific type of banquet, and, as a word, is quite obscure, having only three known occurrences.

Perhaps you did not look at all the links and notice many Latin words without letters dropped.

I looked at your main page, and that was all I needed to see to know that this is just silliness. I also noticed, in addition to the arbitrarily chosen letters that you've dropped, several instances where you've added letters to try and make things fit your incorrect conclusions:

For example, with 'let', you chose to add an -i, making it 'leti', which you've simply (and incorrectly) translated as 'death' (it's actually a genitive singular form of 'lētum', and more accurately refers to a specific, personalized manner of dying, rather than just the generalized 'death').

Why didn't you rearrange the letters as you've done with most of the other words, and why did you decide to add an -i, and not some other letter? Could it not just as well be 'alte' (deep/far/high), 'telo' (customs official), 'teli' (spear/javelin), 'leto' (to kill), 'tale' (of such), 'tela' (weave/web), etc...? Every word that you've randomly added or removed letters to/from could be 'translated' (and I use that term quite loosely) as numerous other words, by rearranging them differently and/or by choosing other arbitrary letters to add or remove.

Even if one were to overlook those glaring problems, there's the issue of your translations, which are almost entirely incorrect. Take, for example, the "garlic" image you have at the very top of your page:

Assuming your simple 1:1 substitution is correct (it isn't), you've applied the substitutions, rearranged the letters in a meaningless and arbitrarily chosen manner to get the word 'nauseo', which you then translate as 'sick', and from that, you somehow extrapolate the phrase 'garlic helps heal the sick'. Let's look at some of the problems here...

First, the image of "garlic" may bear a vague resemblance to garlic, but it is not garlic. Second, the Latin word 'nauseō' is neither an adjective nor a noun (ie. "the sick"), it is a verb (nauseate), and given the conjugation, would be more accurately translated as 'I am sick'. Third, there is nothing either in the image itself or in your faulty translation that would indicate medicinal purposes, so where did the healing bit come from, other than your imagination?

Also Saturnus is a straight anagram...

So what?

...by the way the encryption for the voynich is very intricate.

If it is in fact 'encrypted' and contains information, and not a meaningless fake, as many believe, then I would have to agree with you. Your elementary cipher, however, is far from intricate. One could reassign the Voynich characters to Latin letters however they wanted, then randomly rearrange the letters of each word, dropping or adding additional randomly chosen letters in random locations, and come up with countless other "translations" on par with what you've presented.

You obviously share the same fascination and curiosity for the Voynich manuscript as many others (including myself) do, and you seem to have put a considerable amount of time into this, but it's a dead end. Your idea that it's encoded, in Latin, via the most basic of substitution ciphers is incorrect. The fact that you have to then unsystematically rearrange, add, and remove letters to make it produce anything, and even then get results that are incoherent, at best, should be more than enough to indicate that your methods are incorrect. To spend any more time with this idea would be a waste.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I feel you are wrong regarding my methods. It is impossible to pick a date in www.solarsystemscope.com... and have the words in Latin align exactly with that date. The date was found in folio 1r.

1) After decoding several words in folio 67r2 like Aeolus(son of Jupiter), Uranos(4th house) utres-Gemini, (both, of 2, 10th house) and so on and Utuno (Autumn -1st house); I realized that the tenth house counter clockwise was June counting from the first house as September. Not to mention Saturnus and they all line up with June 25, 1111. Also Gemini is in opposition to Uranos.

2) After realizing the voynich glyphs must have added letters or missing Latin letters at times to obstruct the decoding process, because that is what happened when I found the perfect match for the year 1111 for folio 67r2.

3) My Latin is not perfect, but it gets the point across and garlic in medieval times was given to the sick.

4)By the way these Latin words are in anagram form.

Please look over this link it show the alignments AdmireTheDistance

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I've spent some time working on this, the unsolved Zodiac ciphers(close), and have cracked the phaistos disc... due to all the hack attacks I was unable to present it, as an unauthorized admin account took over and changed all my privy so when I deleted the account my admin privy went right out the Windows.

If something between now and then occurs where I cannot post it for some reason... Disc location of origin is the entirely wrong area. If someone takes that and runs ahead? and accomplishes them self? I've no issue as it's a treasure of humanity. Hopefully, I'll be around long enough to crack the Voynich as I've got a few connections, and also the cipher 1/3 solved but he switches the system as a whole other cipher at around the 2/3rds mark... a clue to that like wise? It's the ID one saying who and where to find him. It starts out as a joke with: Here I am come and get me... For the where he is.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Really good post mate.

To the OP: if you feel you are onto something with this, you should be able to run a frequency test of most common words/letters in the latin language vs the substituted cypher symbols. If you are correct, that test should not come out as significantly different. If it is, then move on.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I feel you are wrong regarding my methods.

What exactly are your methods? Apply a basic Caesar cipher, randomly add, remove, and rearrange letters however you see fit to produce words that kind of resemble Latin words (with a number of spelling mistakes), then sprinkle a little astrology woo on top for good measure?

After looking at that second page you linked, your idea becomes even more preposterous. In addition to the Latin, now you're mixing in Latin transliterations of Greek words for some reason (FYI, 'nine' in Greek is 'ἐννέα'; "enneads" is meaningless). Even the 'Saturnus' bit that you keep mentioning doesn't stand up to scrutiny, as 'Saturnus' would not be spelled with the Latin letter 'U' for at least a few hundred years after your proposed 1111 date.

Throwing a bunch of astrology hooey into the mix doesn't do anything to help your case, either. I don't see any 'alignments' in the material you've presented, and even if there were, it would be meaningless. Whenever you have a number of objects circling a center point at varying rates (such as the solar system), there are going to be 'alignments' constantly. It would be amazing if there weren't alignments occurring left and right.

Irrespective of anything else, however, your 1111 date has already been scientifically proven to be in error. You're correct in that radiocarbon dating is not quite perfect, but it's still quite reliable (to its' limits) and within a known margin of error. Dating on the Voynich manuscript was done with four different samples, taken from four different parts of the book, and all four samples returned results that were in agreement with each other and well-within the dating methods' margin of error, giving an age of 590 ± 14 years.

You may feel I'm wrong about your methods, but science, linguistics, and common sense all say that your methods are almost laughable and your conclusions are erroneous.
edit on 2/24/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It’s more about content then making up words. When I go into decoding the voynich with the cipher I created. I analyze every word that certain voynich words cipher in latin which are few if only one. Now when the content is on track I draw from the those words that fit a paragraph with the words I decoded that parse out some sense. For instance folio 1r tells a story about a harlot that meets a terrible end, because she made the soldiers angry.

Also would you agree that finding the date of 1111 in folio 1r reasonable. If the astrology wheel of folio 67r2 matches planet alignments and a constellation of Gemini derived from all Latin accept one Greek word in the year 1111. Latin words in a astrology wheel and a date in time for a solar system don’t construe the truth. It’s plain to see yet maybe you are not well versed in astrology AdmireTheDistance I don’t know?

entymology
From Ancient Greek enneas which means from nine.

Noun
ennead ‎(plural enneads)

The number nine.

9 is the 9th house and you are wrong alignments of this nature don't occur all the time. I'm going to agree to disagree with you.
Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm going to agree to disagree with you.
Thanks for the input.

You can disagree with me all day long, but you can't simply 'disagree' with the scientific dating disproving your hypothesis. Anyhoo....Just bumping this, cause I'd like to see what others have to say on the matter.

top topics

join