It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshippers "R" Us - Boot to the Head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Due to the recent events involving a massive amount of outcry upon persons who choose to have a relationship with a Higher Power, and the resulting call to arms by those who find such belief systems to be "insulting and offensive"....just a friendly reminder.

Blast from the Past from 1980's comedy troupe The Frantics.

As the saying goes :
There is nothing new under the sun.

But hey - at least we can laugh about it, right?

RIGHT?

Also, if the previous video offended you and you're feeling all "fighty"....another gem for your consideration:

edit on 2/23/16 by GENERAL EYES because: hey, come on it's me....there's always one edit.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Very Pythonesque..Thanks
Second one reminds me of Stan Freberg

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's a honor to share humor....always.
Thanks for the Stan Freberg recommendation.
Listening to "The United States of America" right now.

In troubled times, when common sense is none to common, what we can do but laugh at the sublime absurdity of it all?

Ready the padded rooms, they're be coming in by the droves any minute now.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Freberg was not obscure, but not all that famous. He had one of those kinds of humour that appealed to other humorists. He kind of floated through the comedy scene back in the 50s and 60s, radio mostly, almost as a given presence though he never became recognized in the popular sense. He seemed to be kind of a free lance beatnik, kinda. He did a lot of what I called 'thinking mans' humor.

When the movie Mad Mad Mad Mad World was produced to feature the greatest comedians of the day, he was honored by selection for a bit part, playing second guy in the radio tower for the air plane piloted by Andy Rooney.

new topics

top topics

join