It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphology (Handwriting Analysis)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My buddies boss took a two year course in graphology...

I'm sitting in his office the other day just wasting some time, and he asks me to sign my name on a sheet of paper...

So I sign my name....he looks at it - and then he began to tell me things based upon his analysis of my handwriting that blew me away!

Here's a few things he mentioned:
(1) B/c I sign my signature with letters that I make both large and small (high and low), he concluded that my financial life comes in spurts - but b/c I sign on a level line, that I'll always have stability
...whereas...

(2) My buddy signed his name on an upward slant...suggesting that he is always thinking of the future and never focuses on what he has today...

(3) I forgot to dot an "i" in my name and I left out few letters in the middle of both my names....this suggested to him that I'll take something 90% of the way but then forget about it when I'm almost finished...

(4) My friend and his boss (the one analyzing my sig) both ended their signatures early (not completing their full name) with an upward line....which he said means that they'll get things started, but they will delegate the rest of the job to someone else...

(5) People who make a signature my using perhaps the first letter of their name and then add a long flat line to signify the rest of their name wish to be forgotten....He also mentioned that Richard Nixon's signature, while very clear and bold during his Presidency, became very vague and like what I described later in his life....

At any rate - all the things he said about me, my friend, and even himself after looking at our signatures was incredibly true...and the guy barely even knows me...

He said the person who taught his course was a professor at UCLA and has written quite a few books on this subject...Employers even used her to look at employee's signatures for an informal background check and they would actually hire/fire people based on her word...

Incredible stuff...Anyone know more about the subject or know this person's name??

[edit on 1/10/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
At any rate - all the things he said about me, my friend, and even himself after looking at our signatures was incredibly true...and the guy barely even knows me...

Incredible stuff...Anyone know more about the subject or know this person's name??

Very interesting... Many people learn graphology, and is useful in high end life, and criminology. Needs handwriting, the actual plain written text. I still wonder, how is it done through printed text?? But before you ask me: I don't know this guy, and I never attended any course.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I read in the news paper in 2003 that osama bin ladens signature showed he had a high sex drive

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here are a couple interesting links on the subject at hand for those who wish to know more about it:

www.paralumun.com...
www.fact-index.com...

Of course - Like any other left field experimental science...there are always going to be scams and rip-offs...but some of the basic principles of this field seem well grounded.....

I'm open to a differing opinion though....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
wow that is pretty kool stuff lol. I wish i know how to do that

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What he told you is pretty vague, it could fit anyone. Exactly what most fortune tellers do, just to get a quick buck. I'm not belittling your friend, I'm just saying

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
do u even know what ur talkign about sensfan? that is pretty rude and it is total bull! Yes it is true and yes it does work! you are just an uneducated dodo head!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Very interesting analyses. Early in my career I attended one of those in-house company courses, this one included handwriting analysis as a fun part of the day, but what I did learn I stil aplly to today and found it to be fairly accurate.

(5) People who make a signature my using perhaps the first letter of their name and then add a long flat line to signify the rest of their name wish to be forgotten....He also mentioned that Richard Nixon's signature, while very clear and bold during his Presidency, became very vague and like what I described later in his life....
There is a twist as with my signature where I completely sign my first name but my surname is as above. It is not that I wish to be forgotten, it is just that it is too damn long a name.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
lmao yeah well i don't think this practice is bogus i just think it is fairly accurate like u said lol but yeah thats funny what u just said LMAO

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
kool thread...

my friend can do this as well and he wants this to be his "job"...

anyway, for ANY skeptic's point of view, he works with you so he WILL know your financial status and some other things

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
What he told you is pretty vague, it could fit anyone. Exactly what most fortune tellers do, just to get a quick buck. I'm not belittling your friend, I'm just saying

Oh yeah....who knows really....If nothing else, it was a neat trick - but I found it really interesting b/c of a little side story he told me...

He hired the same lady who taught his course to do a promo on the radio for his local business by going on the air live, and analyzing famous signatures - telling people about their personality and lives based upon their sig....

No big deal right? I mean - she was doing Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Thomas Jefferson, Babe Ruth....

And he got kind of tired of what he thought was some bogus trick....so he signed his name, and had three other people he knew fairly well sign their names and had her "read" them...He said everyone was completely blown away by the level of detail and accuracy she was able to provide just by looking at them for a few seconds...which is actually the whole reason why he ended up taking her course (of which material was covered, he admits, was only a fraction of what she knows and could offer)

I'm skeptical...but even with his limited knowledge of the subject and his ever having known me that well prior - I was a pretty shocked...

SomewhereinBetween
It is not that I wish to be forgotten, it is just that it is too damn long a name.

Yeah...I think that one falls maybe more under the "leave the finishing details for someone else to do" category....

My dad signs his name kind of like that - it's almost a circle and a line...lol....and it sort of upset me to think that such an assumption like that could be made merely upon how he signs his name....

the see ALL
my friend can do this as well and he wants this to be his "job"...

That's interesting...how does he plan on doing it? Is there a school he's thinking of going to that offers courses or is he just gonna "free-ball" it?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
EnronOutrunHomerun---

i think he is going to work with the FBI (???) or some other agency and "look at" people's hand-writting to see if this is their real sig. and see what they are thinking and what their status is...

with this skill, he could turn into a "gypsy"

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
hhahhahaha thats funny... i am mad at this thread..... i got my avatar banned, and i got a warning....... so thats 500 points from my amount...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i think he is going to work with the FBI (???) or some other agency and "look at" people's hand-writting to see if this is their real sig. and see what they are thinking and what their status is...

There are very skillful experts examining people's handwriting at all investigative authorities, because they are needed. They have no paranormal skills, just learnt what they are doing, with great success. It is a scientific approach, an expert must prove the facts before the law.

Those having paranormal abilities know, that they must avoid the authorities. This is a rule.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
There are very skillful experts examining people's handwriting at all investigative authorities, because they are needed. They have no paranormal skills, just learnt what they are doing, with great success. It is a scientific approach, an expert must prove the facts before the law.

Those having paranormal abilities know, that they must avoid the authorities. This is a rule.

yes and thank you i know...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bengy
wow that is pretty kool stuff lol. I wish i know how to do that
you can go on the sights and learn them or just buy a book at the book store i suggest readin Andrea Nicoles bk

new topics

top topics

join