It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. Created Classified Email Account For Hillary, But She Never Used It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I would love to see those 22 emails that are totally un-releasable !!!

Can anyone say, the truth behind Benghazi anyone ?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

she should be ...

FIRED ON THE SPOT WITH ZERO RETIREMENT !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I would love to see those 22 emails that are totally un-releasable !!!

Can anyone say, the truth behind Benghazi anyone ?

High probability some are Benghazi.

Especially the ones between her and Obama on her own private bagmail address.

The address Obama had previously denied knowing about.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It just amazes me that there are people that think her email and private server use is no big deal. If she were some bs bureaucrat in some little bs agency, I could see people thinking that. But, this was the Secretary of State, an Executive department that interacts closely with the White House, not to mention other departments that handle highly sensitive, classified, and top secret information.

She put our country at risk. Cybersecurity has been a HUGE issue in recent years and there are attempted hacks daily on government computers. She made it easy for foreign governments and others to access her account. On top of that, the server was owned by the Clinton Foundation, huge conflict of interest.
edit on 23-2-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
But now , I am going to throw one out here. I am going to go hypothetical.
1) Did the email initially route through a State Department server ?
2) Was Hillary's server a secure server? Per Fed standard ?(lots of folks think just because it wasnt State Department issue, it wasnt secure)(and the initial issue was it was not a Fed server)
3) Was her blackberry Fed issued or did it meet Fed regs on security ?

Now , dont get me wrong , but if the above conditions were met and there are portions of Fed regulation standards on using personal devices....

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Secret yoga routines, probably not worth much and
who cares about that right? Her Clinton Crime Foundation
tells a different story. Still holding out hope the FBI will
do the right thing.

If not, maybe Donald will haunt her.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hillary was urged by officials at the State Department to use the official email system and NOT to use her personal Blackberry.
Daily Caller

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Hillary was urged by officials at the State Department to use the official email system and NOT to use her personal Blackberry.
Daily Caller

Your key word is urged.The key word on the link is recommended. The final question still remains. Is there a State Dept regulation that states you can use a personal device as long as it meets the Federal Security regulations ? I know a bit about that , but not enough.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Daily Caller

Your key word is urged.The key word on the link is recommended. The final question still remains. Is there a State Dept regulation that states you can use a personal device as long as it meets the Federal Security regulations ? I know a bit about that , but not enough.

I was trying to provide some answer to your question #3, which was:

3) Was her blackberry Fed issued or did it meetFed regs on security ? 

At the link, you will find that the answer to the first part of your twofold question was... no, her private BlackBerry was not issued by the State Department.
The second part deserves more investigation....
But I would ask this.
If her personal BlackBerry was acceptable, why would the officials at the State Department suggest that she use a department issued Blackberry? Note that it is the very same phone, just a different provider.
One reason is that the communications on the department issued phone would retain official government communications that are supposed to remain available to be archived.
ETA:
Then go further and ask why Hillary would oppose using a department issued Blackberry.
edit on b000000292016-02-24T04:56:45-06:0004America/ChicagoWed, 24 Feb 2016 04:56:45 -0600400000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
one has to wonder why in 5 years no one ever noticed - or if they did - why they didnt say anything

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
The answer may be they have a specific contract for service and support.Or it could be for reasons of data back-up in case something happens.Reasons as simple as those.The very word "recommended" may show that nothing illegal nor against Federal regulations happened. They would not have suggested nor recommended , they would have shut down access to those devices. In fact , a lot of companies have systems that "snoop" the network and do this automatically.Otherwise , they would have to have been added to a ACL somewhere by someone (ACL - Access Control List)

Now , all of this is conjecture as I am not familiar enough to say.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Gothmog because: correct statement

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

They would not have suggested nor recommended , they would have shut down access to those devices.

I think a court order is needed for the government to shut down your private phone or Internet service.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
one has to wonder why in 5 years no one ever noticed - or if they did - why they didnt say anything

Most of the Hillary email threads have had the links posted that show that the State Department AND Obama knew at the time that Hillary had a private server that she used for official State Department communications.
Obama is on record as saying that he only found out about it when he 'heard it on the news', but there have been emails between him and Hillary (she was using the private email address for the emails noted) at the time she had it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Not if its on the internal backbone

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Not if its on the internal backbone

The State Department knew about her private server AND covered it up..... beginning in 2012.

In 2012, the State Department told Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a nonpartisan government watchdog organization, that it had no records in response to a FOIA request “sufficient to show the number of email accounts of, or associated with, Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, and the extent to which those email accounts are identifiable as those of or associated with Secretary Clinton." At the time of the request, however, investigators found that "dozens of senior officials throughout the Department, including members of Secretary Clinton’s immediate staff, exchanged emails with the secretary using the personal accounts she used to conduct official business." Investigators found, Clinton's then-chief of staff, Cheryl Mills, was made aware of CREW's request, and even assigned an aide to follow up, but did not tell investigators about Clinton's unofficial email address. Brian Fallon, a spokesman for the Clinton campaign, told The Washington Post that "the department had a pre-existing process in place to handle the tens of thousands of requests it received annually, and that established process was followed by the secretary and her staff throughout her tenure."

Newsweek

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ok , one more for you. If the email was sent by someone inside the state department to a personal , non-secured device across a totally personal email address like @gmail.com , guess what ? They are responsible. Not Clinton.

Now with all this bring said , I am not an expert. And by no means am I a Hillary fan. I believe I started this off with "this is all purely hypothetical. I do believe that Hillary will squiggle out of this one as well and be the Democratic nominee.
I leave this for a while. Good debate , but Fallout 4 awaits.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Ok , one more for you. If the email was sent by someone inside the state department to a personal , non-secured device across a totally personal email address like @gmail.com , guess what ? They are responsible. Not Clinton.

Now with all this bring said , I am not an expert. And by no means am I a Hillary fan. I believe I started this off with "this is all purely hypothetical. I do believe that Hillary will squiggle out of this one as well and be the Democratic nominee.
I leave this for a while. Good debate , but Fallout 4 awaits.

One more thing, you might want to catch up on the Hillary emails released by the State Department so far.
One of them has her telling a subordinate at the State Department to 'strip off Classification headers' from a document and send it to her via email over non-secure lines. It ended up not occurring, but she wanted him to do it and told him to do it.
Might want to look at this from an Occam's Razor perspective instead of finding hypotheticals to give her excuses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join