It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama GOP Proposes Frightening New Way To Intimidate Abortion Providers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

I don't live in Alabama.

Neither does anyone else. That has posted here.

So what is the issue other than the others in this thread acting like NEOCONS telling people from other STATES what they should or shouldn't be doing.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

Have anything OTHER than personal snips, and bills that are not even law?

I am gonna guess 'wildly' no.

So, why are you here discussing the Bill that is not Law? That is the topic.

If you don't want to discuss it ...

The legislation is a clear invasion of privacy on the part of a State that also limits and inhibits the free practice of trade.

If any Right Winger stands up for this travesty, they are hypocrites, plain, pure and simple.

Clearly proven repeatedly.

You, aside from efforts to derail this discussion, won't even state your position on the matter.

Do you agree with the State of Alabama's proposed legislation that will invade personal privacy and inhibit the practice of free trade? Or not?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I have discussed it.

A bill that is NOT law, and discussed LAWS that effect every single person in this country.

Do you agree with the State of Alabama's proposed legislation that will invade personal privacy and inhibit the practice of free trade? Or not?

No more than the current administration did telling doctors to ask their patients if they are gun owners.

Oh wait that wasn't a proposal unlike the Huff Po article.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No
That wasn't so hard now, was it?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

A bill that is NOT law, and discussed LAWS that effect every single person in this country.

So, you're admitting you did everything you could to distract from the topic of the thread? Okay great!

No more than the current administration did telling doctors to ask their patients if they are gun owners.

Oh wait that wasn't a proposal unlike the Huff Po article.

No. Okay, thank you.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good, I think that all doctors and hospitals should have to reveal their financials. I also think they should have to have a disclaimer fully revealing what routine common practices they might refuse to do, ya know like a tubal litigation during a c-section, and be forced to advise patients of all their options in a truthful manner as well as disclose what the ama deems to be the best medical practice if the plan on deviating from them.

The bill would also require abortion providers to tell patients, both orally and in writing 48 hours before the procedure, about the proposed abortion method, gestational characteristics of the fetus, “immediate and long-term physical and psychological risks” and abortion alternatives. Doctors found to have broken the law would face a fine of up to $1 million and/or a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

then they should also be required to reveal the immediate and long-term physical and psychological risks of giving birth, right?

and gee, can we fine these doctors who through just plain negligence kill or maim their patients a million dollars and a 10 year prison sentence... hey, we could turn around and put it back in the healthcare industry. depending on how many crappy doctors there are, maybe we can expand the healthcare to more people...

abortion is legal, and sometimes it's the best course of treatment. people need to just accept that!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What im getting at is when you fail to decry wrongful intrusions simply because of a political reason, it advances tyranny just one more step.

Digging into the financial records and making them readily public for any private institution just is not right. No more than requiring drug tests, or the ridiculous hoops you go through to buy a pistol.

Wrong is wrong. Even when its a Republicrat doing it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And you side stepped and cherry picked one part of my reply. You did not answer any of the "tougher" questions posed to you.

Why are your beliefs and morals the ones everyone else should hold and have? Why are your beliefs more valid or any more correct than anyone else's?

Why is your worldview more correct? Why should other people believe what you do?

What logical arguments do you have, and what reasons and facts do you have to bolster your beliefs and claims? Simply not liking something isn't an acceptable reason to demand everyone believe and think like you.

No, not everyone should "see it as you do", and not everyone ever will. The world isn't black and white, right and wrong. Shades of grey DO exist and moral ambiguity frankly does exist -- as uncomfortable as that is.

I find it ironic that on some issues it's OK to mandate and hand down morality to others, but in other matters it isn't. It's OK to tell a woman "no abortions" -- but it's not OK to tell someone, "no prayer in school".

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Gee I don't know, OP, maybe because they were busted selling dead baby parts?

Aren't you glad your Mom didn't consider abortion?

Yes, I thought so...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Gee I don't know, OP, maybe because they were busted selling dead baby parts?

Aren't you glad your Mom didn't consider abortion?

Yes, I thought so...
How are people still talking about this proven hoax? Especially considering we weren't talking about Planned Parenthood at all?
edit on 23-2-2016 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Absolutely NOT a hoax, those are real videos, with real PP directors, face it.

It's a criminal enterprise, even Satanic, and has nothing to do with "parenthood", it's about murdering babies.

The hoax angle just can't handle the truth.

Please re-read the OP, there it is, Planned Parenthood.

Everybody posting on this site survived the hell of abortion, yet many support it, strange...
edit on 23-2-2016 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Absolutely NOT a hoax, those are real videos, with real PP directors, face it.

It's a criminal enterprise, even Satanic, and has nothing to do with "parenthood", it's about murdering babies.

The hoax angle just can't handle the truth.
And thus another thread is derailed into ignorance.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

but we elect them, right? Its the government we apparently deserve.

Do we really elect them at this point in time ? Are people really being told the truth to make solid educated decisions on who they vote for?

It appears that the DNC,GOP,and MSM elect them for the people after the Oligarch vets them. Thats without even going into the electoral college or foreign entities that run our voting machines or how the manipulate the issues and propaganda.

The political cheerleaders voters that fell for the slogan vote or die or the lesser evil and who continue to believe and support the DNC and the GOP are the ones that are causing the issues in the country.

However, they are constantly lied to and kept to busy to not fall for the distractions to keep them from actually seeing what’s going on.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
One of many ...

Producer of Planned Parenthood Videos Admits Fraud

Some folks can't handle the truth.

Now, back to the case of "Authoritarian Numbskulls in AL"

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Alabama, of course. One day, southern women will realize they are free individuals and this meddling will stop.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Alabama, of course. One day, southern women will realize they are free individuals and this meddling will stop.

Yes. Women need to stand up, speak up, for women.

Many attacked Madeleine Albright for saying women need to support women. But, she's right.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What im getting at is when you fail to decry wrongful intrusions simply because of a political reason, it advances tyranny just one more step.

Digging into the financial records and making them readily public for any private institution just is not right. No more than requiring drug tests, or the ridiculous hoops you go through to buy a pistol.

Wrong is wrong. Even when its a Republicrat doing it.

I don't disagree but, it is similar to Cruz's proposed reallocation of federal funding away from public schools and toward home and private schools.

On the face of it, it is a potential violation of principal but, what's the alternative? Wait for taxes to be dramatically reduced and the department of education to go away of its own volition?

We know that federal law isn't and can't be principled or logically defensible so, I think opponents of the ever increasing statist agenda have to start using the apparatus against itself. To adopt the tactics and long term strategy that have been demonstrated to be effective by anti-constitutionalists.
edit on 23-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Insanity.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Sorry Bud. Those vids are fake fake fake.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Many attacked Madeleine Albright for saying women need to support women. But, she's right.

NO she is not right.

I support women rights for abortion and I'm a man. What does your sex have todo with supporting a women? Are you suggesting that men should only support men or is sexism only justified against men?

What the GOP is doing is just plain hypocrisy when it comes to abortion, and using big gov't when convenient.

We need to support each other on the issues not because of sex , color, race,weight, size, etc.

edit on 44229America/ChicagoTue, 23 Feb 2016 20:44:36 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join