It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. judge orders discovery to go forward over Clinton’s private email system

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Todays story on the Washington Post

A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that State Department officials and top aides to Hillary Clinton should be questioned under oath about whether they intentionally thwarted federal open records laws by using or allowing the use of a private email server throughout Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington came in a lawsuit over public records brought by Judicial Watch, a conservative legal watchdog group, regarding its May 2013 request, for information about the employment arrangement of Huma Abedin, a longtime Clinton aide.

About time someone finally got around to this issue as well

edit on R452016-02-23T13:45:56-06:00k452Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

They'll just plead the 5th IMO if it comes to that.

Or just lie.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well, it is evident that she mishandled protected data. At this point, I wouldn't think that something like this should MATTER whether it is intentional or not. The biggest question should be: "If she was elected as POTUS, how would she handle protected data THEN?" I don't believe there should be any breaks on this. I think if it is found that the data was mishandled, that she should be forced to step down from a political career, and a law should be established to punish politicians who mishandle data that is Classified. I think mandatory 7 years worth of community service no more than 10,000 hours, or mandatory 5 year Federal prison sentence.

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I hope she's dragged out from amongst the perfectly arranged shadows, and thrown under the spotlight of truth in front of everyone. Her skin will sizzle and smoke, and she will burn as the evil, unholy fire explodes out from inside. Then cast her back into the shadows of a concrete jail cell until nothing remains but dust.

...all figuratively, of course.

EDIT: Except for the jail cell part, I mean that literally.
edit on 2232016 by M4nWithNoN4me because: Jail cell

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here's your source for those wanting to read the story.
Washington Post

edit on 2/23/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That's all well and good, but she'll still be installed as president for the next eight years.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We all know the double standards by now don't we??? If you have millions in the bank, you can do whatever you want. Illegal or not.

This is a huge slap in the face for anyone who has actually held a security clearance for a government job/military.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sooooo... The courts are offering her a chance to throw one of her minions under the bus?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Judicial Watch, a conservative legal watchdog group, regarding its May 2013 request,

so it took 3 years of legal maneuvering to get this far...hmmm...and this will somehow add zilch to any election result. Voters memories are notoriously short termed.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
from the article:

The State Department also has asked the FBI to turn over any of an estimated 30,000 deleted emails deemed personal by Clinton’s attorneys that the FBI is able to recover in its investigation of the security of the private email server.
So it looks like the schlock State Dept still hasn't "seen" the so-called "deleted" Hillary bagmails.

and this Gem...

The FBI and the department’s inspector general are continuing to look into whether the private setup mishandled classified information or violated other federal laws.

For six months in 2012, Abedin was employed simultaneously by the State Department, the Clinton Foundation, Clinton’s personal office and a private consulting firm connected to the Clintons.
No conflicts of interest here is there

U.S. judge orders discovery to go forward over Clinton’s private email system

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I can't understand this. Nixon was all but impeached for a few minutes of deleted video.... how man gigs of data did Hillary delete?

top topics

join