It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* SEVERE WEATHER ALERT * - Dangerous Situation Unfolding in the South - Feb. 23, 2016

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Local time 3 am Tallahassee FL

We have a squall line over us currently. Should be passed us in an hour I think. Could still cause some problems but so far heavy rain and lightning, not too bad. Radar shows it seems to still be pulling moisture and strength from the Gulf, so we aren't outta the woods yet. I'm sure we'll see plenty reports of flooding when the news cycle starts.

Khaleesi-

How is it over by you now? You doing okay?

All good here! We stayed up till 4am just in case. Finally went to bed as it seemed to be over. Just really heavy rain. There is probably some flooding in town but that seems to be the worst of it. We seem to have been on the edge of everything and got lucky. Some will probably say they shouldn't have cancelled schools but I think in this case, as bad as it looked.... over cautious was the wise decision.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey! I'm glad everybody here made it through safe!

According to the Convective Outlook a significant threat for damaging storms and tornadoes continues today:

Feb. 24, 2016 Convective Outlook

...SUMMARY...

SCATTERED SEVERE STORMS WITH TORNADOES...A FEW OF WHICH SHOULD BE STRONG...AND DAMAGING WINDS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS PARTS OF THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES INTO THE CAROLINAS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
www.spc.noaa.gov...

If you are in these areas... STAY ALERT.
edit on 24-2-2016 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Alrighty then--glad to hear everyone's ok--
we lost power sometime around 8am and it's been off/on (more off than on!) till 1pm EST. I woke up at 6am and we still had power then -ck radar and the brunt was just heading our way. No alarms so I'm guessing most of our problems have been trees on power lines. Next round coming thru in a few minutes --expect to lose power again!
From Brad Panovitch #wxbrad WCNC/Charlotte veiwing area:

Stay safe ya'll; see ya on the flip side

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ouch!

#scwx

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Multiple trees blocking the inner loop I277 downtown Charlotte, NC #wxbrad

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Man alive is that wind roaring out there. Sounds like a flight of C-141s flying at low alt. And it's weird b/c it'll stop and be all calm for a few heartbeats then just start up again like surround sound. Only thing I can liken it to is the Santa Anna winds in Cali --and I didn't like them either --unnerves me to no end.

Wind gust hereabouts have been 43-60 mph according to Weather Underground's Wundermap. Pine & gum trees just a whipping around.

It's bright and sunshinny but power has gone off and on all afternoon -- trees, winds and power lines don't play well together.

Durham under the hammer now - multiple tornado warnings and this weird ass skycam shot. I've taken photos before that have done weird atmospherics color shifts but they were film based. Did not know digital would do the same.
I was told that just before a tornado hits look for the green tinge to the clouds and the wall cloud. Not sure what blue means other than nasty thunderstorm and for their sakes I hope that isn't a wall cloud!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeppers it's gonna be a long nite again

visually unconfirmed tornado touchdown north of R/D in Oxford NC w/hook echo and debris signature on radar;
radar est wind 170+/- mph; news crews enroute

Really bad setup of training storms from SC NC into VA
pic of warnings w/radar turned off #ncwx
Be safe and weather aware ya'll

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That debris signature on radar near Oxford NC in Granville Co. NC? These are the results:

In Wayne Co NC:

My word there are no words.
Sources:
#wralJulia
#wxbrad

Tornado just due east of Oxford in Henderson, NC (no not Hendersonville --that's in the NC Mts; yeah I did a dbltake & had to look it up too
)

Jeff Master's blog/WU
Another view of same tornado I think --looks like it's trying to be twins

As far as I know no one was killed in these tornadoes --A lady whose house was destroyed in Oxford had lived in her house for over 50yrs
and they are looking for their dogs that have gone missing; another lady and her kids were in a MH when the roof was peeled off, but they're ok.

People did die (3) in the Waverly VA tornado. Bad. very bad.
Prayers to everyone; stay safe and weather aware ya'll.
c ya

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just talked to my Mom in NC. Tornado in my hometown. Several homes destroyed, total loss. No one hurt apparently. My sister normally gets off work at 5pm. They couldn't leave the office until after 6pm because of reported tornados and hail. It was too dark when they left to look for damage to cars etc. but I'm sure there is damage to her car. She said at one point everyone was under the desks expecting the worst. I'm just grateful they are all okay.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits

Hey, man...

Awesome job providing all those picture at the end of the thread.

Especially of the damage, and that line of warnings from yesterday!

Crazy stuff.
_________

Until the next potential outbreak...

Lol.

Later.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The base lost power? Do they not have generators? Uh Ohhh

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join