It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey flown to London hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The nurse, from Halfway, Cambuslang, contracted the virus while working as part of a British team at the Kerry Town Ebola treatment centre. She spent almost a month in isolation at the Royal Free at the beginning of 2015 after the virus was detected when she arrived back in the UK. Ms Cafferkey was later discharged after apparently making a full recovery, and in March 2015 returned to work as a public health nurse at Blantyre Health Centre in South Lanarkshire. In October last year it was discovered that Ebola was still present in her body, with health officials later confirming she had been diagnosed with meningitis caused by the virus.

This is the third time this woman ends up walking around with Ebola but this third time it was not a case of being infected again but apparently she had still been infected.

Now i had no idea that after being rid of Ebola that the virus can stay alive in you for some time but i also certaintly did not expect that if this is so that that can be in the range of nearly 1 year. Why was this woman then ever released and free to work as a nurse no less which in my mind makes it all the more easier to make it spread considering the amount and constant human contact with such a job!?

One thing i did not see mention in the BBC article is anything about a investigation with the people she had been in contact with since then but as i said, considering her job that must be a long list of people by now.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This isn't terribly surprising to me. Mononucleosis, once contracted, is a permanent resident in the body. Doctors say that it is uncommon for it to reactivate, but it does happen. I've known people that seem to always have a mild case of mono going on, while most never see it again.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

This could be very worrying scenario if she's been spreading it around recently. I would say it would need to be 'recently' otherwise we would have heard of cases!

Gotta wonder if certain Agencies want this thing to spread coz I thought it was dead and burried.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Of course, they claim there's nothing to worry about, but we were also told that you essentially need a near-death ebola victim to repeatedly puke streams of blood into your mouth after you cut the inside of your mouth up with razor blades in order to contract it - even though all of these workers took extreme precautions and weren't aware of having come into any actual contact with any bodily fluids.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
This isn't terribly surprising to me. Mononucleosis, once contracted, is a permanent resident in the body. Doctors say that it is uncommon for it to reactivate, but it does happen. I've known people that seem to always have a mild case of mono going on, while most never see it again.
I am not much a medical expert myself and i dont really have time to google "Mononucleosis" at the moment but in the article it was mentioned that they knew about this virus has the possibility to stay active and come back again. Unless i understood that part wrong that tells me that in the case of this virus it doesnt seem to be so rare. Which also begs the question why they have been so easy going with a patient that has been taken in with this virus 2 times before this last one already.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This could be very worrying scenario if she's been spreading it around recently. I would say it would need to be 'recently' otherwise we would have heard of cases!

Gotta wonder if certain Agencies want this thing to spread coz I thought it was dead and burried.

I thought i remembered tht the incubation time for ebola was about 3 weeks. It still holds true that if she had been walking around with a active ebola virus we would have seen more cases but it still leaves open a large window in which she could have infected a lot of people.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Of course, they claim there's nothing to worry about, but we were also told that you essentially need a near-death ebola victim to repeatedly puke streams of blood into your mouth after you cut the inside of your mouth up with razor blades in order to contract it - even though all of these workers took extreme precautions and weren't aware of having come into any actual contact with any bodily fluids.

I almost forgot about that one. You were also ALSMOT not exagurating

Wasnt it the CDC that said you wold have to be sitting next to someon in the buss and they would need to be vommiting or bleeding on you but if they sneezed at you you would still be perfectly fine?

Im sure gonna keep a eye out for this one that i know.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am a little bit surprised though that this news is not gainning any traction here. Or maybe that is because the article was already posted before i did.

new topics

top topics

join