It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Publishes Classified TOP-SECRET COMINT-GAMMA Documents.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

European Union Italy United Nations
Today, 23 February 2016 at 00:00 GMT [updated 12:20 GMT], WikiLeaks publishes highly classified documents showing that the US National Security Agency bugged a private climate change strategy meeting; between UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin; singled out the Chief of Staff of UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for long term interception targetting his Swiss phone; singled out the Director of the Rules Division of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Johann Human, and targetted his Swiss phone for long term interception; stole sensitive Italian diplomatic cables detailing how Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to help patch up his relationship with US President Barack Obama, who was refusing to talk to Netanyahu; intercepted top EU and Japanese trade ministers discussing their secret strategy and red lines to stop the US "extort[ing]" them at the WTO Doha arounds (the talks subsequently collapsed); explicitly targetted five other top EU economic officials for long term interception, including their French, Austrian and Belgium phone numbers; explicitly targetted the phones of Italy's ambassador to NATO and other top Italian officials for long term interception; and intercepted details of a critical private meeting between then French president Nicolas Sarkozy, Merkel and Berluscon, where the latter was told the Italian banking system was ready to "pop like a cork".

US NSA Targets World Leaders for US Geopolitical Interests

Alterntive Link

From what i have been reading no media has ever published documents such highly classified EVER .

Via Twitter

New #WikiLeaks docs are classified COMINT-GAMMA, the highest classified docs ever published by a media organization

I am really curious to see how this will effect relationships between the US and other country's. If i had to guess the ripple effect from This will be short lived .

ETA

WikiLeaks editor Julian Assange said "Today we proved the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon's private meetings over how to save the planet from climate change were bugged by a country intent on protecting its largest oil companies. Back in 2010 we revealed that the then US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had ordered her diplomats to steal the UN leadership's biometric data and other information. The US government has signed agreements with the UN that it will not engage in such conduct. It will be interesting to see the UN's reaction, because if the United Nations Secretary General, whose communications and person have legal inviolability, can be repeatedly attacked without consequence then everyone is at risk."

More as i know it .

Thoughts ?

Kap
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: Broken link

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

The server cannot be found at present... Somewhat concerning is it not?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Quite curious that the web page is no longer available. Did you manage to save any of the documents? Is there another source?
Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Text

The webpage is not available.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am sorry BUT for some reason It will not let me Directly link Wikileaks to ATS .

You can go to Wikileaks.org to read the News.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I guess for the average person there might be some shock...do folks really think we are the only country that spies on other countries including our allies? Don't be so foolish to think so..
edit on 23-2-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Looks like Obama really *IS* one jealous and nosy maniac.

You have to copy&paste the link into a browser. Wonder why?

edit on Feb-23-2016 by xuenchen because: https://__._/nsa-201602/

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The server cannot be found at present... Somewhat concerning is it not?

Apparently ATS doesn't Allow anything from WikiLeaks to be linked here ....

It is concerning ..

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks for this.

For those that cannot find the webpage, go google "COMINT-GAMMA Documents".

You are not allowed to link directly to wiki-leaks from ATS.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

linky no worky

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I have Updated the OP with an Alternative link .

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
I am sorry BUT for some reason It will not let me Directly link Wikileaks to ATS .

For purposes of legality issues, we cannot link directly to material such as this. However, if you can find another website discussing and analyzing the documents that does link to Wiki-leaks, please use that instead.

Like this one: www.slguardian.org...

I replaced the link in the opening post with that.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

oops my fears are unfounded thanks to SOs clarification
edit on 23-2-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: oops

edit on 23-2-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Kapusta

For purposes of legality issues, we cannot link directly to material such as this. However, if you can find another website discussing and analyzing the documents that does link to Wiki-leaks, please use that instead.

Like this one: www.slguardian.org...

I replaced the link in the opening post with that.

Fair enough . Thank You

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't need a link. They depose World Leaders all the time, prime time.

Milosovich must go. Saddam, Qaddafi, Assad must go. These are Main stream Mantras in plain sight for all to see.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Looks like Obama really *IS* one jealous and nosy maniac.

You have to copy&paste the link into a browser. Wonder why?

Because when you do that, they add you to the list, in due time you'll die of "natural" causes.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

this is big..

wonder if it has an effect on the markets

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well...that's one way to put a floater in the punch.

So, here's the thing. Let's assemble a list of things that one would expect to happen as a result of this information becoming public, and compare it with what actually happens?

1) Condemnation from the UN.

NEXT!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I promise it won't have any impact on Hillary's campaign though - so far it seems very little has stopped her or even slowed her on the path of annihilation ugh

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I always thought the UN was itself corrupt anyway, but I would like to see them not give the U.S. such a break,

I feel like the US is like a loanshark in terms of how it approaches relationships - it gets what it wants through intimidation, bullying and evidently plenty of other nefarious ways

If the U.S. were a character from a kids movie, it would be that bully kid from Toy Story who bl0ws everything up

scumbags..
edit on 23-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join