It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking coffee may prevent liver damage ! ! ! ! !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Sounds like you were abusing the benefits of coffee and allowed it to control your life.

Caffeine and Dependence

The scientific evidence shows that caffeine does not induce dependence, as also confirmed by WHO. Abrupt cessation of caffeine consumption may however lead to withdrawal symptoms in some regular caffeine consumers but these are generally not severe and of short duration.

For many people, drinking coffee on a regular basis may become a habit, but habit is not the same as addiction. The World Health Organization has stated that there is no evidence to suggest that caffeine use has comparable physical and social consequences to addiction.
Brain mapping technology shows that caffeine is not linked to the brain circuit of dependence.
In line with previous research on sudden cessation of caffeine, The American Psychiatric Association has recently defined Caffeine Withdrawal as a syndrome resulting from abrupt cessation or reduction in caffeine, following prolonged daily use.
The symptoms of Caffeine Withdrawal (headache, reduced alertness, and drowsiness) can be avoided altogether if caffeine intake is decreased progressively.
coffeeandhealth.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

With you there.
A good cup of Java is my beautiful addiction.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm game! My first thought was Baileys or Carolina's!

Thanks for posting!!

I find ouzo to be a nice addition!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Isn't ouzo made of licorice? Doubly good for you then!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

LOL. I can't seem to get near the computer without one. My Keurig was hell bent on addicting me, so I gave it the boot......

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

You're right. But that one leads to another.
I've been trying to find an old Fortean Times with a great artlcle about coffee.
Apparently, I'm in good company, even Voltaire was a coffee monster. Coffee houses were all the rage at one time.
Now excuse me while I pop to the loo.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Coffee has been found to be preventative to a whole host of illnesses, and I don't know any it increases with moderate consumption.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I am a living example of coffee drinking most of my lifetime since I was a child, coffee no only keeps my skin and hair looking great but so far Im pretty healthy, my daughter always tells me that the reason I look great is all the coffee I drink.

Yes I used to drink coffee up to 6 times a day but now I am down to only two cups for the last 10 years.

Love, love coffee, can no live without it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Love coffee in the morning so much.

Sometimes it totally tweaks me out and gives me mad anxiety though. We do make our stuff really strong.

I doubt folgers is any good for the liver, legit beans for sure.

Oh and I can never manage to drink enough coffee and Irish cream liquer to get a buzz
great on a Christmas or thanksgiving morning though.
edit on 24-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Trying to think of how this might actually work, if it's true...

I guess the main obvious thing: caffeine is a diuretic so you piss away more alcohol from your body faster because of it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Sounds like you don't know how coffee works. How coffein effects human body, brain. And how long it stays in the body after drinking coffee.

Also you should read more about sleep and how important it is. And also how coffee effects it.
edit on 24-2-2016 by saadad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Sounds like you don't know how coffee works. How coffein effects human body, brain. And how long it stays in the body after drinking coffee.

Also you should read more about sleep and how important it is. And also how coffee effects it.

Yeah, you should not drink coffee within 8 hours of sleeping. That gives you 8 hours when you wake up to drink it and get the benefits. Sounds like you abused it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Caffeine stays longer in blood and what happens with your brain when all of the sudden he lacks desired caffeine?

You can easy convert caffeine to nicotine. Or if you want me to be even more harsh you can convert to heroine.

Same process is going in the brain. Same thing is happening with sugar.

Yea I know 99% people here drinks coffee and you want approval to continue doing so. And I can say nothing bad can happen, you are just addicted to caffeine, your brain is not acting normal, your sleep is not natural...

But you can drink as much coffee as you want because if you do drink it then I m sure you are not very concern about your health and something else will kill you before coffee does. Cigarettes, alcohol, bad lifestyle, bad food, bad drinks...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

Caffeine stays longer in blood and what happens with your brain when all of the sudden he lacks desired caffeine?

And the trace amounts have no effect on sleep. 6 hours is where they still see an effect and the recommendation is no caffeine after 2pm (not coffee, caffeine)

You can easy convert caffeine to nicotine. Or if you want me to be even more harsh you can convert to heroine.

Same process is going in the brain. Same thing is happening with sugar.

No, sorry, it's not. The fact there are SOME similarities does not make it the same thing.

Yea I know 99% people here drinks coffee and you want approval to continue doing so. And I can say nothing bad can happen, you are just addicted to caffeine, your brain is not acting normal, your sleep is not natural...

But you can drink as much coffee as you want because if you do drink it then I m sure you are not very concern about your health and something else will kill you before coffee does. Cigarettes, alcohol, bad lifestyle, bad food, bad drinks...
Define addiction. Coffee has no ill side effects for nearly everyone and tons of major health benefits, it's a fact.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

And you still pushing. Read what coffee drinkers say in this topic about coffee. That sounds like addiction to me. You and I know that coffee drinkers have trouble in the morning if they don't drink coffee, also after coffee release them, around evening they are again in trouble, tired, sleepy. So what they do?

Some of them sleepwalk until they go to sleep, losing several hours per day because they can't function at 100% without coffee or they take another cup of coffee and mess up their sleep. I know some of you will say that they can drink coffee and go to sleep and I know that. But doing that your sleep phases will be messed up and that is not natural healthy sleep.

And I don't understand why I need to type thus if everyone knows this, but ignore it because coffee taste so good. But the fact us, you don't really need it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I know about that,just a pity coffee plays havoc with a stomach ulcer.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Wow. I am a coffee lover.
But where is this information from?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join