It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Toddler Gets Life in Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
In a case similar to one I posted 2 years ago: 9 Month Old Baby Granted Bail, they're at it again, charging yet another toddler.

A three old child, Ahmed Mansour Qorany Sharara, has been charged and sentenced to life imprisonment in Egypt for a "crime" that he committed when he was 16 months old. Apparently, he and 115 others are guilty of killing three people. The crime was committed during protests by supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsy.

In what appears to be a bizarre case of mistaken identity, a military court last week found Ahmed Mansour Qorany Sharara -- and 115 others -- guilty of killing three people and sabotaging public and private property. The crimes allegedly took place during a January 2014 protest by supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsy and ensuing clashes in the southern province of Fayyoum, according to a statement by the Egyptian military.

The child's father is still at large, and to me it seems to be politically motivated by charging supporters of the ex-President. Furthermore, it might be a ploy to try and get the child's father to come out of hiding. Further emphasized by:

"We wanted to tell the judge that these are invalid investigations and our proof is the inclusion of the child and a man -- who was out of the country when the incident in question took place -- among the defendants," Kaf added.

Either way this has ridiculousness written all over it, I can barely remember anything from when I was three years of age, let alone had the competence to carry out a "crime". Like I mentioned in the previous thread, this is getting beyond nonsensical and the world seems to be getting more unbelievable by the day. Hopefully common sense prevails in the end once again.

More information can be found by reading this article from CNN: Egyptian Toddler Sentenced to Life Imprisonment
edit on 2/23/2016 by Pistoche because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pistoche
In a case similar to one I posted 2 years ago: 9 Month Old Baby Granted Bail, they're at it again, charging another toddler.

A three old child, Ahmed Mansour Qorany Sharara, has been charged and sentenced to life imprisonment in Egypt for a "crime" that he committed when he was 16 months old. Apparently, he and 115 others are guilty of killing three people. The crime was committed during protests by supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsy.

In what appears to be a bizarre case of mistaken identity, a military court last week found Ahmed Mansour Qorany Sharara -- and 115 others -- guilty of killing three people and sabotaging public and private property. The crimes allegedly took place during a January 2014 protest by supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsy and ensuing clashes in the southern province of Fayyoum, according to a statement by the Egyptian military.

The child's father is still at large, and to me it seems to be politically motivated by charging supporters of the ex-President. Furthermore, it might be a ploy to try and get the child's father to come out of hiding. Either way this has ridiculousness written all over it, I can barely remember anything from when I was three years of age, let alone had the competence to carry out a "crime". Like I mentioned in the previous thread, this is getting unbelievable and the world seems to be getting more unbelievable by the day. Hopefully common sense prevails in the end once again.

More information can be found by reading this article from CNN: Egyptian Toddler Sentenced to Life Imprisonment

..... wow.

Some parts of the world are still SO freaking backward it's scary.
edit on 23-2-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Pistoche

More outrageous and ignorant news of life in the middle east. How is the civilized world supposed to create peace in this region with this kind of ignorant mentality? Just another reason why we should pull our troops out from this region and let them settle in their own waste.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2016-02-23T05:57:23-06:002016Tue, 23 Feb 2016 05:57:23 -0600bTuesday5702America/Chicago165 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

More outrageous and ignorant news of life in the middle east. How is the civilized world supposed to create peace in this region with this kind of ignorant mentality? Just another reason why we should pull our troops out from this region and let them settle in their own waste.

As awful as it may sound to some, I couldn't agree more. This world won't progress much further as long as they are stuck in the past.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy
Was the toddler actually imprisoned?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I don't believe so, no. Thankfully.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Thank god. Then what is the purpose of these ludicrous charges and cases?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Also not getting the purpose of that

new topics

top topics

join