It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIRP: Safes Sell Out In Japan, Cash Hoarding Begins Around The Globe! Banks Move To Ban Large Bills

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
2016 seems to be a very active year already. At least there seems to be no shortage of things to read. But haven't people been hording cash and other items for a while now, and yet no end has come.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

All this will do is entice world war 3..... Now hear me out....

If everyone starts getting charged for holding currency, how long do you think that it will last? The poor can't afford it. Middle class can barely afford it. The rich can afford it, but won't stand for it. Basically, this will be opposed by several hundred million people.

With that much dissent, it wouldn't be long before that little (illegal) contract with the FRB gets pulled, overrulled, or completely disregarded.

Now if that happens, what do you think will be the next step? Let me put it this way...... What has happened to every country that hasn't had a linked central bank, in the last 30+ years?

War. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libia, North Korea, Iran, etc, have all been subsequently bombed, invaded, destabilized, or a combination of the 3. Only difference being that we have a substantial fighting force.

I see absolutely no good coming from this

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martianlanded
It seems like the world is always ending.

I've been watching it end forever now. My dad watched it ending, my grandfather watched it ending, his father saw the end coming...

Keeps me cautious,
but not stupid.

Agreed...and if we've been falsely propping up fake money for at least 4 decades now, well, it's working. People have been calling for the imminent demise of the dollar, and $10,000/oz gold for at least 20 years. The best course of action is to bet against "the public" - it's worked well for me. People in general are soooo easily panicked it's ridiculous (and sad.)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It's just the fall of the finance system. Not the fall of all life or of any real life on the planet. Might people die due to it's fall yes, will everyone no. The planet will keep on spinning and we'll find something else to trade.

There might be a large number of people that will have nothing to trade if it does fall and most likely they're the ones panicking. If they where really worried they'd be taking up a trade skill on the side just in case.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Guess I'll just be that obnoxious person raining 20's at the counter for large purchases.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

but the inevitable end of fiat currency will be a great thing for the world.

And there you show your ignorance - how will banning cash notes end Fiat money creation? You realize the same crooks in Government "create" the money whether it be paper printed or bits'n'bytes in your computer/smart phone wallet?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes banning cash will just make it ten times easier for the PTB to # you over....

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes banning cash will just make it ten times easier for the PTB to # you over....

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

stacks of 1000 dollar bills all bundled in 100,000 ties. That was 1979..

So he had stacks of 100 million. hmm....must have been quite a mountain...how could the planes land?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

It won't be long before you can print your own bread at home

But the printed plastic bread will look more standardized...hehe

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
here is a more balanced look at the swiss situation.

A spokesman for the Swiss National Bank said the increased demand for 1,000-franc-notes could be “caused to some degree by negative rates.” Still, the spokesman dismissed the idea that pulling the note could aid the SNB’s negative rate policy, which has “worked as expected.”

In the wake of Switzerland’s negative-rate move, the value of 1,000 franc notes in circulation has become roughly equivalent to the annual gross domestic product of Serbia.

no phasing out of notes or, banning cash.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: infolurker

it wouldn't be long before that little (illegal) contract with the FRB gets pulled, overrulled, or completely disregarded.

What is this "illegal" contract with the FRB "being pulled/overruled/disregarded" you are talking about? I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to and I'm curious

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've always been charged to keep money in the bank. I thought that's how it worked

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr yrs i rarely see a fifty or hundred dollar bill any more gas stations won't take them for fear of getting robed supposedly but my pay check is only in my account for about fivee hours before i withdraw it only reason i have an account is brecatse job made direct deposits mandatory i was the very last hold out.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

but the inevitable end of fiat currency will be a great thing for the world.

And there you show your ignorance - how will banning cash notes end Fiat money creation? You realize the same crooks in Government "create" the money whether it be paper printed or bits'n'bytes in your computer/smart phone wallet?

I do believe you misunderstood my perspective. We can not allow fiat currency of any sort. Creation of money out of nothing, with interest added is the recipe for debt slavery of the world.

The move to a cashless society is one more step to totalitarian control, I understand this completely. My statement was about the entire central banking scam and its inevitable demise. People are waking up at an accelerated rate and the idea of profiting off of each other at the expense of our environment and conscience is something that must change, this is where I was coming from.

Add to that the technological revolution we are on the precipice of and everything about our current understanding of our world is going be changed.
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago229pmTuesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Japan has an extremely low property crime rate.

If, instead of a bank, you wanted to keep your money in a physical safe in your own residence that wasn't even too heavy for one person to carry, Japan is probably one of the few places in the world where it's actually not that bad an idea because of how safe it is.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
I do believe you misunderstood my perspective. We can not allow fiat currency of any sort. Creation of money out of nothing, with interest added is the recipe for debt slavery of the world.

Why would you prefer gold slavery to fiat debt slavery then? Even if you have gold now, do you honestly think you'll be allowed or even just able to keep it if the government went back on the gold standard?!?

Back in the bad old days of gold slavery, you could end up with things like genuine shortages that made no sense. You had Ireland exporting food while people were starving from lack of ability to afford food. Commercial farming of things like hams etc was doing fine but the potato crop failed and potatoes were the bulk of the diet of all the regular, extremely low income folks. Today, thanks to fiat money, we at least have a better approach to that sort of problem: food stamps/EBT etc.

There is no turning back the clock on this one. Forward is the only answer. The only alternatives to 'money' in general are barter and rationing. Whatever the solution turns out looking like, the 21st century answer will be heavily mediated by information technology. Computers will monitor your life, basically, and coordinate things.

Money will even still have a place in this system, but it will not be so neutral and universal anymore. Here's a hint of what it will be like: Imagine a candy bar that costs a healthy person .50 cents, but that same candy bar costs an obese person $10,000. Imagine a healthy person can't even buy one for .50 cents then hand it to the obese person without the system knowing about it and that obese person being charged that $10,000...or the issue was handled in some other expedient, practical, technologically mediated way...

What it amounts to is that rather than leaving it to any sort of 'dumb money' to coordinate human activity, especially given the current trajectory of the world economy due to the effects of increasing automation, information technology based solutions will have to be designed and deployed because they will offer the least barbaric results in a world of 6+ billion people. Money is just a tool and it will still be around, but it will no longer be the dominant one in this area.
edit on 23-2-2016 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I am hoping that at some point some can answer the question....Who exactly do we all owe the most recent figure of 230 Trillion dollars?

It is owed to the privately owned Federal Reserve. The real owners, are the Rockefeller and Rothschilds' families. There are actually 13 families that divvy this money between themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

I am hoping that at some point some can answer the question....Who exactly do we all owe the most recent figure of 230 Trillion dollars?

It is owed to the privately owned Federal Reserve. The real owners, are the Rockefeller and Rothschilds' families. There are actually 13 families that divvy this money between themselves.

Which is precisely why we do not owe a dime of this monopoly money they created!

a reply to: 11andrew34

As I stated toward the end of my comment, with the coming changes that will be implemented as the new tech era emerges everything we thought we knew about the world will change. Ultimately it will end up being a mix of old tribal methods of community and new tech to facilitate all we could possibly need.

Naturally within this system there will be bartering. The end of fiat currency of any kind is the first step to bringing about balance and harmony.
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago229pmTuesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Which is precisely why we do not owe a dime of this monopoly money they created!

I concur.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join