It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cracks joke about Scalia death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out who the folks are who Obama represents. I would argue that 80% of the things he's done are things he never talked about in any of his campaigns. And he's done a lot of things he specifically told the people who voted for him he wouldn't do. And of course there are the things he said he would do that he hasn't done (or even tried to).

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
lol OP over reaction much??? haha find a sense of humor please

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Amazing what people can imagine when they want to take a swipe at somebody.
Seriously ridiculous.
edit on 2/23/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: StickyBuddha
lol OP over reaction much??? haha find a sense of humor please

Maybe an overreaction but there was nothing funny about what Obama said. Whether you think it's offensive or not, he (Obama) obviously thought it was funnier than it was.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If Obama nominates a legitimate candidate for the Supreme Court, and the Republicans refuse to consider the nominee, I will spend the rest of my life working towards never seeing another republican candidate elected. At this point, the Republican leadership in congress, and the republican presidential candidates are lower than pond scum.

I voted for Obama twice, he was the lesser of two evils, McCain who I actually liked over his VP choice, and Romney, because, just no, his ties to wall street were too tight.

I don't even know who I am going to vote for this election, I am waiting for someone to come from the wings, tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I voted for Obama twice, he was the lesser of two evils

That's like saying a log in your pants is the lesser of two evils between a shart and a log. Either way, there's nothing good happening.

And there's no such thing as a legitimate anything from Obama. I supported him the first time because I was stupid and believed his BS. As soon as the Obamacare mandate happened, he lost me and never got me back.

Eventually, the left lost me altogether because of their blind loyalty to Obama. I started questioning my entire political thought process and realized I didn't even like the left all that much anyway.

edit on 23-2-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If Obama nominates a legitimate candidate for the Supreme Court, and the Republicans refuse to consider the nominee, I will spend the rest of my life working towards never seeing another republican candidate elected. At this point, the Republican leadership in congress, and the republican presidential candidates are lower than pond scum.

I voted for Obama twice, he was the lesser of two evils, McCain who I actually liked over his VP choice, and Romney, because, just no, his ties to wall street were too tight.

I don't even know who I am going to vote for this election, I am waiting for someone to come from the wings, tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Obama can nominate anybody he wants to. We all know what kind of nominee it will be. This is an election year. We are in the throes of electing a new president for our country. Congress should NOT take up consideration of his nominees and that is absolutely within their legal and legitimate right to do. Obama has had two appointees to the SC approved. It is not unprecedented for Congress to delay consideration in the middle of an election year.

Joe Biden advocated that Congress not take up the consideration of a SC nominee in 1992:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-2-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

I think any reasonable person would interpret Obama’s statement as a dig at the Senate for declaring they will take no action on this issue during his term, which would be unprecedented. We have never gone before for such a length of time with a vacancy on the Supreme Court. To refuse to act on a nominee would obviously be politically motivated and would fly in the face of the Constitution. I personally think the Senate should be called out on this and be forced to answer to the Court of Public Opinion.

It seems that you missed a few of your US History classes. You obviously need to read up a bit on the history of the Supreme Court.
To get to the longest fight between a president and the Senate you must go back to Pres. John Tyler.
en.wikipedia.org...

For anyone who thinks this sort of thing, the acrimony in politics, is a new and recent development---you really, really should do a bit of reading about the history of this nation. Otherwise, you'll be making foolish statements like the one quoted above.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

That's like saying a log in your pants is the lesser of two evils between a shart and a log. Either way, there's nothing good happening.

You guys do realise you live in America where, no matter who you vote for in any election you're voting for the lesser of two evils?

It's not much better here over the pond...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

You guys do realise you live in America where, no matter who you vote for in any election you're voting for the lesser of two evils?

It's not much better here over the pond...

Well, I do realize the circumstances under which I'm living (to an extent) but I wouldn't even say I'm able to vote for the lesser of two evils because those #ers make damn sure there is no such thing.

But there are still things they have little control over. There are still REAL ideological differences between groups of people. Which is why we're always hearing this shrill noise about "coming together". Really, TPTB would just love that. A completely unified collective would be so much easier to control than all these bickering factions where they have to try and create "representatives" (that really aren't) for each group.

These rifts between ideologies is all the leverage we have left as voters. We can only try and figure out which candidate would make it the hardest to obtain the consent of the governed. But realize that when they DO make that kind of mistake, it's not on purpose.

I mean, look. TPTB WILL get what they want in the end. All we can do is make them work harder for it. Figure out what they want and refuse to let them have it. Which (of course) sometimes backfires because they'll use reverse psychology too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join