It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cracks joke about Scalia death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is just plain tacky and other people in the room think it's funny.Ugh.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Meh, that's not that bad. He doesn't really have a very good sense of humor.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I missed whatever he said about Scalia, I was laughing too hard from him saying he's spending his last year getting things done for the folks we represent.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This clown will be gone soon.

I can laugh at that.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If that's taken as cracking a joke about Scalia, there's really no reasoning with you.

link   
Oh pluueessse. That is stretching Obamahate too far to claim he is making a joke at Scalia's death.

link   
I don't think he was making a joke about Scalia's death per se.

However, he was making a joke about getting the Senate to approve a new Supreme Court justice. And I'm sure that it will be quite comical at how these politicians contort themselves to try to get a justice approved in Obama's last year. And the contortions on the other side of isle, from those politicians who try to delay that approval.

-dex

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Was he really trying to crack a joke though?? I think he was just mentioning tasks he planned on doing and some sicko in the room took it the wrong way and started cracking up, and then the Prez just went with it. Frankly, I don't see the humor at all. But I fault more the sick bastard(s)
that began laughing hysterically more so then Barry. I don't even think he meant it as a joke. And I don't even like the guy.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I've taken the liberty of typing out a transcript.....

“Like me, some of you might be in the final year of your last term, working as hard as you can to get as much done as possible for the folks that you represent. Fixing roads, educating our children, helping people retrain, appointing Judges, the usual stuff”

The biggest joke is the "working hard...educating children" comment - especially since the US curriculum does not educate as much as it indoctrinates, there is little quest for knowledge and much desire for wifi.

The "appointing Judges" will go straight over the heads of the vast majority of "educated" Americans - that's the real joke folks.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I thought the exact same thing!

Dex's point filled in the blank. It was really a joke about the republicans in the senate trying to block any appointment he makes.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

Reasoning? How about a little common decency?I guess I should expect this.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Well I think he should leave it for the next President to handle. He already appointed one in his term, give the next president a chance to do the same.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it a joke. It was simply thoughtless. The laugh and the long grin about appointing judges was, imo, without a basic sense of decency and respect for an honorable supreme court justice who had just passed away and one who had served with dignity and respect for this country. Obama almost seemed elated. Classless.
edit on 22-2-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, I think he is a jerk.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: Esoterotica

Well I think he should leave it for the next President to handle. He already appointed one in his term, give the next president a chance to do the same.

He appointed two...Kagan and Sotomayor.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I wouldn't call it a joke. It was simply thoughtless. The laugh and the long grin about appointing judges was, imo, without a basic sense of decency and respect for an honorable supreme court justice who had just passed away and one who had served with dignity and respect for this country. Obama almost seemed elated. Classless.

Yes, elated, maybe his death wasn't natural after all.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Obama and his narcissism again. The people chuckling just feed into it. He loves to make everything about him.

Not unlike the time he said he bowled like a Special Olympian. All about him, feelings and tact be damned.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
He was being non-PC though, I thought this was a good thing and something Republicans admired?

Pretty classless of him though, if he was actually making a joke about Scalia.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I heard he and Michelle stayed all of two minutes "paying their respects" to Judge Scalia. Trash.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Who was the lady with the hideous hackle...for a minute I thought it was Hillary...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join