It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can a Black Hole Get Full?" A Black Hole That Has Stopped Swallowing Stars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: lostbook

So, it "IS" a kind-of recycling process that goes on in Black Holes where the information is kept and recycled for new life one day.......?

As was with the "singularity" that too is above my knowledge and better left up to you. You would now be getting into a realm where few dare to travel. You would be getting into the opposite of a black hole. A white hole.Where just a very few physicists have gone. As I once read somewhere imagine 2 funnels connected by the smaller ends. Now imagine a black hole is where you "pour stuff in" . The other side would be a white hole where the stuff "pours out" . The 2 would be connected by a "wormhole". But the two would be in different universes in the multiverse.

The above is probably not a theory (yet), but a speculation by a few.

I once had this idea that at the other end of a black hole is the center of a Star; whereas, if you go into a black hole at one end, on the other end you exit out of the center of a Star.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut
No offense , but some of your post is so 20th Century thinking. They have been "modernized" as of late.

None taken. None of it really makes much sense, anyway.

I didn't even mention rotation, wormholes, strings and 'P-branes'.

If you quote N theory.... I'm going to relatively speaking, physicsly put my hands on you!!!!

edit on 22-2-2016 by Sargeras because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Ask yourself, how can radiation escape this massive gravitational field ? You know, Hawking radiation...

He's full of baloney. All energy escape is afforded in the parallel universe which realizes the manifested energy as a Sun. A Black Hole in one dimension that is a Sun in a another.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The truth is , anything is possible at this point in knowledge as a singularity is a non-defined entity ,
Soon we will be poking all kinda holes in Einstein's Theories of Relativity. It has already started. Einstein only accounted for gravity as a force and not a wave or particle. Also , time dilation was only put into the equation due to he was stuck. He needed something to put in. So , he pulled a rabbit out his ___ and said , "Hey , that works" . Even Nikola Tesla tried to correct and expand to him gravity exists as a wave/particle. Now we may know that for sure.

Just found a link

Faster than light

edit on 22-2-2016 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

edit on 22/2/2016 by chr0naut because: Too small a graphic. Ruined the joke.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

big bang time... its going to get interesting soon. we're safe though... itll be awhile before our black hole in the center of our galaxy sucks us back in then belches us back out... im just sad about any civilizations near the event horizon being ground into dust against the accredaited disc. seeing how we are further our on an arm of our spiral we have more to be concerned about as larger stars form competing holes or slowly being bombarded by a neighboring solar systems mass as their objects leave escape velocity.

we are also more in danger of moon building planets like saturns bodies colliding in orbit with some already in orbit... fortunately the mass that makes them up seems to separate them up well enough to prevent that.

i personally do not agree with the collison theory as it is quite likely based on composition we formed our own moon in the same manner and the tilt is simply from the imbalance of mass and water weight ratios and the wobble te moons influence which used to be much much stronger... due to proximity

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

The truth is , anything is possible at this point in knowledge as a singularity is a non-defined entity ,
Soon we will be poking all kinda holes in Einstein's Theories of Relativity. It has already started. Einstein only accounted for gravity as a force and not a wave or particle. Also , time dilation was only put into the equation due to he was stuck. He needed something to put in. So , he pulled a rabbit out his ___ and said , "Hey , that works" . Even Nikola Tesla tried to correct and expand to him gravity exists as a wave/particle. Now we may know that for sure.

Just found a link

Faster than light

Old stuff from 2011. Turned out it was a bad connection on equipment that delivered the clock pulses - not FTL Neutrinos.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
You know, Hawking radiation...

Hawking's entire theory was nullified by a plumber from New Jersey

Leonard Susskind did not nullify the idea of Hawking radiation. What Susskind and Hawking disagree about is whether information is destroyed in a black hole.

Hawking says that particles of matter are stripped of any information about their states (spin, etc.) upon entering a black hole. The information about those states are irretrievably gone from the universe, according to Hawking.

Hawking radiation is not exactly the radiating away of the actual material that fell into a black hole, but works in a more indirect way. In Hawking radiation (simplified), an entangled pair of virtual particles pop into existence near a black hole (a particle plus its anti-particle). One of those particles gets caught in the gravity of the Black hole, while the other escapes. Due to the conservation of total energy, the one that fell in would be negative energy, causing the black hole to lose one particles worth of energy, while the other entangled positive particle is left over, appearing as being radiated from the black hole.

Under that scenario, that particle would not retain the information of the states of other particles in the black hole -- i.e., no information is retained.

There are some who say that somehow information from within the black hole might be transferred via this entangled pair to the virtual particle outside the black hole, but the question as to whether (and if so, how) information is preserved is still an open question.

edit on 2/23/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: eriktheawful
Black Holes do stop pulling in matter every now and then . There has been several observed that have exhibited that behavior . It is theorized that they stop just prior to releasing a huge gamma ray burst just like the one in the center of our galaxy. A large "burp" if you will.

The theory is that the material surrounding it is blown outward and there's nothing to "fall into" it.

I don't think they know why there are occasional GRBs.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

edit on 23-2-2016 by Gothmog because: proof read it, didnt sound good.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

a reply to: eriktheawful
Black Holes do stop pulling in matter every now and then . There has been several observed that have exhibited that behavior . It is theorized that they stop just prior to releasing a huge gamma ray burst just like the one in the center of our galaxy. A large "burp" if you will.

The theory is that the material surrounding it is blown outward and there's nothing to "fall into" it.

I don't think they know why there are occasional GRBs.

There are jets of X-rays that are radiated from the spinning accretion disks of black holes, but that energy is not coming from the black hole itself (i.e., from not within the event horizon). Instead, the material immediately outside the black hole (but material that has NOT YET been inescapably grabbed by the gravity of the black hole swirls around the black hole so fast that the friction causes it to heat up, which is what realeases the jets of X-rays (in the directions along the axis of rotation).

So, as you mention, those jets of energy are not radiating frokl the actual black hole.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
And , there are ginormous pulsar blasts emitted at the poles of our own super massive black hole at the center of this galaxy.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Thats a theory I have not heard. That would negate the very existence of a black hole and the causation.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You omitted one big fact there bud . After reading Susskind's work , Hawking admitted he had been wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

And , there are ginormous pulsar blasts emitted at the poles of our own super massive black hole at the center of this galaxy.

Again, those are jets from the accretion disk surrounding the black hole, not from the black hole itself. Black holes themselves (the area within the event horizon) are not spitting out huge jets or pulses of energy.

Form their accretion disks? -- yeah. However, material in the accretion disk is not part of the black hole. The gravity in the area of the accretion disk is not insurmountable. You could conceivable escape the gravity of a black hole from within the accretion disk; the same cannot be said about escaping the gravity of the black hole once you travel past the event horizon.

The event horizon is for all intents and purposes where the black hole itself could be said to begin. The accretion disk is stuff swirling around the black hole, but outside of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You omitted one big fact there bud . After reading Susskind's work , Hawking admitted he had been wrong.

Hawking has not admitted to being wrong about Hawking radiation in general, nor does he necessarily feel he's wrong about the destruction of information. He's open to discussions about how information may be preserved in a black hole -- or even how information is transmitted (or leaks) during the process of hawking radiation, but he hasn't admitted that he is wrong overall.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
According to the Primer fields black holes do not exist. I believe if this theory is correct, that a massive jet stream of light or matter or both, will blow out the top and bottom of the magnetic poles. I suggest watching the series, it is very interesting to say the least.

edit on 24-2-2016 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Thanks for posting about primer fields... thread worthy itself if not already existent. I ran across the experiment last year, and the reasoning behind the math not working for an electromagnetic was based on the assumption the field acted as a bar magnet. Instead of the shape primer field math shows out having.

Seeing the experiment behave the exact same way as solar systems was very exciting... even showing why galaxies are pancaked in formation.

There's a Sherlock Holmes quote that says something to the effect of the simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

In the case of primer fields seeing it explains so much so simply. They connect so many holes and gaps... I'm certain the primer field theory will become fact at some point.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
According to the Primer fields black holes do not exist. I believe if this theory is correct, that a massive jet stream of light or matter or both, will blow out the top and bottom of the magnetic poles. I suggest watching the series, it is very interesting to say the least.

Primer Fields is nonsense.

It suggests that the only real underlying force is ElectroMagnetism.

It also suggests that because something looks like something else, they have the same properties.

To believe that because one thing looks like another that they are the same in essence is magical thinking, not science.

edit on 24/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Agreed.

You could take a very realistic carving of a grizzly bear and it looks like the real thing, but one is just wood, and the other is an actual grizzly bear.

Primer Fields is bunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join