It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden - No Supreme Court Pick Until After Election (1992)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
More hypocrisy from none other than VP Biden himself.

Apparently he was advocating for a Presidential "stall" of Supreme Court nominees way back in 1992 !!!

All these controversial appointments always comes to political hornswaggling and finger pointing.

In 1992 Joe Biden didn't think it was fair for President George H. W. Bush to appoint a Supreme Court judge until after the election. But now of course he is totally fine with President Obama appointing Scalia's successor in an election year. Views can evolve, people.

Joe Biden - No Supreme Court Pick Until After Election (1992)

and here's ol' Joe a couple of days ago....

Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that Republicans object to allowing President Barack Obama to select a replacement for the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia for purely political reasons that aren't based on historical precedent.

“I think because they are intimidated by the dominant element of the Republican Party, the national politics, the far right. I think they are intimidated by it. I think it's the tail wagging the dog,” Biden told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. “I don’t believe in their heart they think this makes sense. They’ve never done this before.”

Joe Biden Tells Why The GOP Wants To Block Obama's Supreme Court Nomination

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Truly amazes me how he always puts his foot in his mouth it just sometimes takes years. I truly believe he was the Obama insurance policy. No one would dear do anything to him with biden sitting in the second chair. I wouldn't trust him to run a hotdog stand.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Omg that is some funny s@#*!
But yea I love some political hyocracy... Just when you think it is mostly one sided the other spews it too.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Does Joe Biden actually DO anything?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Here is your answer, He is the Vice President of the United States.
edit on 22-2-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Wow, a politician is a hypocrite! Shocking.
He was wrong then and I bet the people saying he was wrong back then are now saying we need to wait.

Fact of the matter is that it is job of the sitting president to nominate and the congress to vet. And not to stomp their feet and hold their breath.
edit on ndMon, 22 Feb 2016 19:46:43 -0600America/Chicago220164380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

He smells woman hair in a really creepy way, oh wait you meant like work and stuff...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

So does this mean you think 1992 Joe Biden had the right idea?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You could replace Joe Biden with a hammer or a bowl of chili, and nobody would notice.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You could replace Joe Biden with a hammer or a bowl of chili, and nobody would notice.

I'm not defending him, but same goes for your comments.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Those inatimate objects would be better because they wouldn't be perving on underage girls and using racial slurs.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Truly amazes me how he always puts his foot in his mouth it just sometimes takes years. I truly believe he was the Obama insurance policy. No one would dear do anything to him with biden sitting in the second chair. I wouldn't trust him to run a hotdog stand.

Nobody cares is why he gets away with it. He jumps back and forth at will. During the vice president debate with Paul Ryan he attacked him for voting on the war, and won great points in doing so....well unless people also understood he voted for the war too. This is his normal way of living the never ending BS talk in his political life, it is the same with Hillary. They say what they will to win the moment knowing in 6 months no one will remember any of it or ever come back on them to question it.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I'm sure he thought he did way back when.

Teachers and scholars consider the unattributed use of someone else's words and ideas to be a very serious offense, but the public doesn't seem to mind much, at least when it comes to politics. The incidents of plagiarism and fabrication that forced Joe Biden to quit the 1988 presidential race................

Why Biden's plagiarism shouldn't be forgotten

Your Hero !!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Aazadan

Teachers and scholars consider the unattributed use of someone else's words and ideas to be a very serious offense, but the public doesn't seem to mind much, at least when it comes to politics. The incidents of plagiarism and fabrication that forced Joe Biden to quit the 1988 presidential race................

Why Biden's plagiarism shouldn't be forgotten

Your Hero !!!!!

Just another above the law believing loser.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You didn't answer the question, you replied with someone elses opinion on a completely unrelated topic.

Do you agree with 1992 Biden or 2016 Biden? Neither? Both?

Form some thoughts of your own rather than repeating the words of others.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just get a double barrel shotgun and blast the bad guy through the door!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
Just get a double barrel shotgun and blast the bad guy through the door!

Oh, that's right - thanks for the reminder. Joe Biden gives bad shooting advice. Now, if we were to use this example, we can assume that VP Biden gives bad advice in general, and it may have to do with him being deeply flawed without any honor.

Kind of like a sleazy used car salesman.
edit on 22-2-2016 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous
NO NO NO!!!

Biden My Time as Veep (sweet! perks!!) said to shoot the double barrel shotgun in he air...to scare the intruder away...of course, the bullet will "come down" possibly killing someone, and if he perp can SEE the shooter, they will recognize that the shotgun needs reloaded.

And he gets paid nicely and has free government housing for say stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It's funny, because I never think about him as Vice President. That's how obscure and unimportant he has been, other than his creepiness factor.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yeah he wrote the Patriot Act someone else gets blamed for.

Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* The Center for National Security Studies said the bill would erode “constitutional and statutory due process protections” and would “authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and assocLinkiations.”

Biden himself draws parallels between his 1995 bill and its 2001 cousin. “I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill,” he said when the Patriot Act was being debated, according to the New Republic, which described him as “the Democratic Party’s de facto spokesman on the war against terrorism.”

www.washingtonsblog.com...

The blame game is the only thing Biden's party does well.
edit on 23-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join