It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detachment is the ultimate pleasure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The human is of an inherent nature and full of desires.

Can a human really detach itself from the world?

Would that be good?

His feelings are necessarily affected by the body in this world/existence(?)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I guess you are being concerned of dangers, but many of us are aware of human nature and desires. Firstly humans are set up to change, if not we wouldnt have one machine that flies or car that moves. Can we detach, of course we can. How we do it is important, there is a big difference between detach and disengaged. It like can we relate with somebody we were married to? The second question, "would it be good" its up to those who are willing to give it a go. You can always go back and attach yourself! no laws against attachment. Its a case of not seeing in black and white.a reply to: nOraKat

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Detachment is the ultimate pleasure

Knowledge = experience!
Your assertion was spoken in ignorance!

'Detachment' is detachment from 'pleasure' and all such conditional dualities of 'thought/imagination', ego!!
'Detachment' means the healthy position of being free of any and all 'beliefs'!

edit on 26-2-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
To detach from that which cannot be detached from would be the greatest absurdity. But people attempt to do so through a wide variety of escapism, such as drugs, television, and so on. With the state of a dying world, we need to attach, even if it is painful to do so.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Attachment is the pits and detachment does not mean non action. I fire the arrow in to the centre of the heart, but I am detached from the results. Que sera sera!
a reply to: Aphorism

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You need to look deeper at the true meaning rather than judge the words. Go beyond words and reach the essence of what Saraha left us.a reply to: namelesss

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The first detachment in meditation or flash of the enlightenment path before it widens into every moment... is the experience of bliss or rapture.

So of course when the path is so vast wide and beautiful that it encompasses not only the entire world but the universe and all life unified in it as one whole... beyond all of the concepts that divide and conquer this experience called attachment?

Holy frijoles its quite the jump from worm to bean... in how life moves in reality.

See, the weird thing is the truth is easy to speak and so is the path... the walking it however and just shutting the freak up about it outside and inside? Well, few want to do that... its 7 billionish plus directions from 7 billionish people that know 7 billionish intuitive ways to get there all arguing about it or bothering others with it.

That has only accomplished one thing, to steal purpose of being. Assigning roles because of hate and greed and happy to do so due to hey this ignorant crap was like this when I got here... so I dont know any better in this monkey see monkey doo we keep flinging on each other and seeing if it sticks.

Attachment is bondage, and like the particle attachment arises from magnetic pulls and repulsions of positive and negative forces or ideas of concept of i like dis and i like dat but i hate dis and i hate dat trying to establish an individuality thats already there... then grabbing that individuality running around going whos with me? Conformist... the goths were right no one cares about your labels given or carried. Its just life and being vastly over complicated by nonsense... of im an individual see I hate eww and you and ewe... so lets take all these little attachments run around with this ego self trying to find others individuals like us and get ideas about controlling the other individuals attached to stuff we dont like.

Those little fragments of experience attachments one calls a self are minute tiny abismal lacking not worth jack squatting over a hole in the ground hoping he dug it deep enough or it breaks just right around the bend.

Let that go... and guess what? every single moment brand f ing new every experience a new delight... why? because time does not stand still nor go backwards except by memory.... time here being life. Of course people dragging those burdens of experience forward whether by choice or chains as a victim because individual misery loves company even if they didnt want it theyll spread it.

So detach and the world and the entire universe is born moment by moment by moment brand new... there is no beginning nor end except to concepts and the conditions of them and the conditioned to them.

Every moment is the best moment ever after detaching and stopping control of situations based on attachments and conditioning. You dont hate or dislike anything and everything gets another chance to infinity because of entropy no situation is ever exactly the same experience twice... ever. Its all brand new right here right now and now and now and all the time like this.

Thats freedom

cheers bitches I love you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join