It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detachment is the ultimate pleasure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

some have the idea that detachment
is a cold affair, where you perceive nothing.
One becomes like a crash test dummy.

Devoid of feeling, you are in experience
but you feel no pain, no sadness.
Your just there, in fact you just appear to be there.
You don’t care, you don’t have a heart to care with.
All your good for is ticking the boxes.

Detachment is so much more.
Or it can be.
Like a well you can fill up
of gushing emotions
and at all times your detached.
you flow down the river of life
there is agony and joy.
but your detached from beginning to end.
Your true pleasure is just that.
Detachment.
In the ocean of our self.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I wonder about these things too Mr. Thunder. But I also wonder about the difference between detachment and disassociation. One would seem like a spiritual path while the other seems like a shell to crawl into not having the temperament to abide by an outside reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi amigo, yes it could be a bit of both I would say. We do our best not to get pushed in to a corner with old jack horner! a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I wonder about these things too Mr. Thunder. But I also wonder about the difference between detachment and disassociation. One would seem like a spiritual path while the other seems like a shell to crawl into not having the temperament to abide by an outside reality.

One in the same, just depends where you want to go.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

I suppose it has to do with free will. One is a willful decision while the other is an automatic defense mechanism.
Myself, I feel a tendency towards both.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So, where do you go Ancient Thunder?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
To all of these questions there is the female answer and the male answer! Silence and shouts each of them seeks to pull, some in some out.a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would say I go in and out, in search of dissolution. When I go in to it, I fall in deep and at times it takes some time to come thundering out. Then the rain falls, the tears flow and down the river I go. Other times Im in the ocean and I know. How about you? oceanic?anda reply to: InTheLight

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

After I decide to come back, I find myself on a raft on a raging river (my life's flow] then once I decide to pick up the oar, I steer it and myself to calmer waters.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I can relate very much to what you have said and I feel that for the most part I am living that experience. I can say that it brings a high degree of peace and stability...but life always has new challenges to test us and find those areas that need work.
I consider myself to be a very fortunate person to be able to live in the circumstances that I have ( off grid compact house rural/remote location ) I am not wealthy..in fact I am dirt poor at the moment but I have everything I need and would not change much no matter how much money I had. The thing that I desire the most in life...is that everyone may be equally blessed
edit on 22-2-2016 by HarryJoy because: typo

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
With true detachment, there is no ego, or I

It often takes my mind to static space, where what appear to be galaxies form, swirling at a quickened pace.

If you want to "detach" I feel it is not so much different than yearning for the opposite, connection and empathy. While being detached from the physical, you are still very much in tune with your subconscious.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
With true detachment, there is no ego, or I

It often takes my mind to static space, where what appear to be galaxies form, swirling at a quickened pace.

If you want to "detach" I feel it is not so much different than yearning for the opposite, connection and empathy. While being detached from the physical, you are still very much in tune with your subconscious.

Yes, when I astral project I also feel no disconnect.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
sounds great will come over for a cup of tea sometime! well done.a reply to: HarryJoy

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I'm finding that more and more, there is little of me TO decide to come back, to find reason to, rather than just fade off into the mists of non-being.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm finding that more and more, there is little of me TO decide to come back, to find reason to, rather than just fade off into the mists of non-being.

As I move closer to the end of my existence, I carefully weigh my life's path, desires, pleasures and reasons for continuing to putting that foot in front of the other. It does not take me long to find reasons to continue.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Absolutely...if you are ever in the great state of Maine and care to venture up to " The County " The invitation stands..

I dont want to give people the impression that I dont associate with others...because I do. But most of my friends are people that would be considered to be on the fringe...outcasts if you will. In my opinion...they are usually the most authentic type of people. Each of them possesses an attribute that I find admirable.
I wish you well in your endeavors...and do yourself a favor and visit this beautiful state that I am so fortunate to call home. You will not find another state where nature is more diverse and alive. I have often been overwhelmed with joy at being able to live here.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

As I move closer to the end of my existence, I carefully weigh my life's path, desires, pleasures and reasons for continuing to putting that foot in front of the other. It does not take me long to find reasons to continue.

It may be that this is how I am. That tug to let go is stronger in me then it used to be. Today the reason I put one foot in front of the other was because I decided I needed to clean my office. Over all though, the appeals and offerings of this world are lessening day by day.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It may be that this is how I am. That tug to let go is stronger in me then it used to be. Today the reason I put one foot in front of the other was because I decided I needed to clean my office. Over all though, the appeals and offerings of this world are lessening day by day.

Find what feeds your soul and makes you smile.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

To me, as I get older, living in a big city in northern Europe, being born here and never found a nicer place to live in, I'm still a punk....kinda sorta...but more sophisticated, I hope. That, living in my home-town, I do enjoy. And the big lake and the river that flows through the beautifull city I'm a part of. And all the lovely people who work in a supermarket and those courageous guys who take away my garbage.... I'm blessed, it seem.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
As being one with experiences into disassociation it could be said detachment may be a good replacement for it

Detachment, the avatar is surrounded by a chaos of storm. In the heart, the being is still, as the being is aware of the surrounding area. The being is aware the storm is just temporary, and as the avatar comes and goes also this disturbance as well

Disassociation, the avatar is engulfed by the storm, where if no other is seemingly available the only escape is into the MIND, where the being goes and becomes lost. The heart is not steady and it's fear of the permenence of the storm and inperminance of the avatar itself becomes overwhelming. The being is not aware of the surrounding area while trapped in the avatars mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join