It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Members Own A Ninja?(Or Motorcycle Riders?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just picked up this beauty on Friday and breaking it in easy so far. It has a whopping total of 13 miles on the Odometer(It came off the lot at 0.1miles). I'm in love with how it handles and for the power output compared for its displacement.

Does anyone else here have the same bike to give some insight as to what is to come in the future?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

That's freedom right there for you. Great choice. I can't say anymore than that LotLizard.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I do not own that model, and there is a reason why.
We are all wired differently, and like different shapes and sizes.....and displacements.
My guess is that you will get bored in the future and want a liter machine/bike.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I appreciate your input nonetheless, I just need to invest into some good riding gear now and some frame sliders and I should be good to go.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

I live in areas in California where Liter bikes would be a waste. Too many curves, and that is where a 300 will shine.

Agreed that I might want something bigger but I would rather not go back to jail again nor lose my license due to my lead wrist.

Thank you for your opinion though, what bike do you have?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That's a nice bike , I'm as green as the green on your wheel with envy.

Hope it brings you all the pleasure I'm sure it would bring me.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Congratulations.
I owned a 2005 zx6r- sold
a 2006 zx10r - stolen
a 2011 zx10r - stolen.

Things i would recommend...
drop the extra $400 and buy extended waranty. Unless you plan on selling it a year from now.
Trust me, im very glad i got mine. My brand new bike ( in 2006) engine blew apart... waranty rebuilt the entire thing.
Then 4 years later, the timing change slipped, and once again destroyed the engine... also rebuilt by waranty.
Although most bike owners will never experience such things, the extra $400 will ensure you never will.

also, leather gear is an absolute MUST. Along with the strap on back protectors.
It saved my spine in an accident.

My first bike was the Ninja 6R 600 which was a MONSTER... i foolishly jumped on to the 1000 bandwagon... which was really unneeded.. only upgrade when you are able obtain the skills and are able to outperform the bike you have.

Would also recomend finding like skilled riders... be carefull not to ride with a crew outside of your abiliity.. trying to keep up with them will ensure an accident... ride with people that are as skilled as you... you can find them online, or roll through town on a thursday and friday nights for where the groups hang out in your town.
Being a solo rider gets boring very quickly.
enjoy and be safe!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

05 R1
07 R1
10 1198S Corse SE

You can go to jail over a moped, dirt bike, 4 wheeler and so on.
Know your limits.
I'm not bustn' your chops for purchasing a smaller machine.
Anybody who rides 2 wheels at any level is cool in my book. I love and appreciate them all. For I know the obstacles on and off the machine.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nice.

I ride a BMW c600, but will be trading it in most likely for a BMW S1000xr this spring. Might go with a MV Augusta Turismo Veloce.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Looks like fun!

Here's mine:

110.000 km and counting..

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey, nice bike!

I have a Ninja too! At 31 years old, she's hardly new but in awesome shape with a ton of goodies like Dymag wheels, PM brakes, WP shock. Well, goodies for the day anyhow. I've had a couple new bikes since then I no longer have but am holding on to this one. She's almost a classic! (Like me! Haha)

Almost forgot, back in the day I was on a waiting list and got one of the first 600 Ninjas in the state. I was a bit of a rowdy girl then but all totaled, have managed to survive for about 210,000 miles on the street. AMA lifetime member.

Ride Safe! Wear all your gear all the time!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Best advice I can give after 10 years in the trade and 20 years of sports, dirt, track and touring is book a few days at something like the Californian superbike school. you will learn more about riding in afternoon than 5 years on the road..

Yes it can cost a bit but when you spend loads of doh on a race exhaust and bling is it really that expensive plus you will get to know what your limits are and how best to deal with a situation when it goes wrong and that could be priceless..

RA

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Decided to jump back in here with an afterthought...

Don't let anybody tell you little bikes are not a total blast to ride mostly because you can wring the crap out of them, keep the tach near redline and they're completely flickable. If I do that on my 900, I end up over 100 MPH in the first couple gears with half the box left to go (but it is a rush!). I had an '81 Suzuki GS-450ES I put 67,000 miles on and loved being able to pin the throttle and bang through the gears without going supersonic.

I've also owned:

'79 Yamaha XS1000 Special
'88 Suzuki GSX-R 750
'84? Yamaha FZ-750
'93 Honda GL-1500SE
'Honda VT750 Shadow but don't remember what year it was.
MX bikes too! Had two CR250's that were total fun

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I e had a few bikes. The only Kawasaki I had was a Concours, I put 70k miles on it in 6 years. I had a tendency to push the envelope with it, had a few close calls. I traded it in last year, decided it was time to slow down. I now have a Yamaha Raider, I no longer hit 130 mph every time I go for a weekend ride. It was a good decision but I do miss my Concours,
vimeo.com...
edit on 22-2-2016 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
breaking it in easy

Good idea. You switch up ... it's a whole new ride. Break that one in easy too.

A full-face helmet saved my son's pretty face ... twice. You ought'a see the scar over his titanium wrist plate.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't own a ninja, but I'm sure there are a few Muslim members that do.

new topics

top topics

join