It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Nurse Union Says UN Election Observers Needed After Clinton Camp's Tricks in Nevada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Too much of politics is about how much crap a candidate get away with, but what's worse is the respect these slime balls give each other.

Politicians need to be held accountable, there is no reason they should not be held responsible for their actions.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I'm all up with this. In fact, until accountability is restored to the system by way of undoing the black box voting system and by way of bringing in International Observers to every precinct, I won't be voting again. This system is entirely corrupted.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I checked on UN election observers and apparently they don't actually do that anymore, at least according to wiki.

International organizations such as the Organization of American States, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the European Union, the Commonwealth Secretariat, the Council of Europe and the African Union regularly deploy monitoring teams. The United Nations no longer provides monitoring services, instead it focuses on electoral assistance. Individual governments also participate in monitoring efforts, generally under the umbrella of an international organization.

Election monitoring wiki

So then, not sure where this will end up.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The funny thing is the that UNs biggest complaint the last two elections has been the whole no one having IDs which the Dems have fought tooth and nail.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's a democrat primary. It's a private event. It's not a national election. The Democrats make their own rules, and if they don't follow their own rules, the only people who can punish them are themselves.

*shrug*

Having "UN watchdogs" or whatever won't do anything. It's like creating your own game show, being on your own game show, cheating as a contestant on the same game show you invented...

Who's going to arrest you for cheating and stealing from yourself?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Thanks for the enlightening post!

it focuses on electoral assistance

Interesting!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yeah. Where I am you have to show a state issued voter registration card (no party designation)
Then they look you up in a giant spreadsheet binder and you have to give them your address.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yeah really. Why would we look to outside countries to fix our election issues.
I'm not 100% sure but I think in this instance UN stands for United nurses not United nations.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: Jonjonj

Thanks for the enlightening post!

it focuses on electoral assistance

Interesting!

Indeed, maybe someone should tell the nurses though, just in case.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We need to go back to paper ballot , so it would take longer but when so much is at stake it's worth it.
All this super delegate , electorial college , and stuff is a bunch of crap. Everyone gets one vote and that should be that. ...but corruption has gotten into the government and it has to be a record of some kind that something with such a cancer has lived so long and not only keeps getting stronger.
It is making the people support it sick .

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I have a question. In a country the size of the USA would one person/one vote all in a sack be representative? I am asking out of complete ignorance here but it seems to me as if the heavily populated states would outweigh the lesser ones enormously. Cities would vote for things that city dwellers considered important and the rest of the states might be under represented, or am I completely off?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It's a democrat primary. It's a private event. It's not a national election. The Democrats make their own rules, and if they don't follow their own rules, the only people who can punish them are themselves.

*shrug*

Having "UN watchdogs" or whatever won't do anything. It's like creating your own game show, being on your own game show, cheating as a contestant on the same game show you invented...

Who's going to arrest you for cheating and stealing from yourself?

I get that. I really do.

But I find it very hypocritical for a party calling themselves 'Democrats' to hold such undemocratic private elections.

'Do as I say, not as I do' kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

Yeah really. Why would we look to outside countries to fix our election issues.
I'm not 100% sure but I think in this instance UN stands for United nurses not United nations.

No. UN references the United Nations observers. However, I don't think they monitor elections anymore, but rather assist and advise on electoral processes.

www.un.org...

Elections are a vital part of democratic transitions, decolonization, and the implementation of peace agreements around the globe, and the United Nations plays a major role in providing international assistance to these important processes of change.

Today, the UN focuses its electoral efforts on providing technical assistance to help Member States build credible and sustainable national electoral systems. More than 100 countries have requested and have received UN election assistance since 1991, when the General Assembly, in resolution 46/137 of 1991, endorsed the view of the Secretary-General that a Focal Point for Electoral Assistance should be designated to advise him on electoral matters and ensure coherence and consistency in UN electoral assistance. The General Assembly also endorsed the creation of a small unit to support the Focal Point.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Welcome to reality. The "Republicans" aren't any better...

Systems are always rigged by, and to benefit those who set up the systems.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Welcome to reality. The "Republicans" aren't any better...

Systems are always rigged by, and to benefit those who set up the systems.

Believe me, I have known how undemocratic democrats are since they handed Obama 600,000 votes cast for Hillary in Michigan and the majority of the 'Undecided' votes, too -- even though his name did not appear on the ballot per his own doing.

The DNC chose Obama and will chose the next nominee, too. (Although I happen to think it will be Bernie. Those super delegates can change their mind and I think many will.)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The commies are losing so they want to bring in foreign commies to strongarm the elections.
Figures.

UN has no place near a US voting place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join