It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people and sleep paralysis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack
a reply to: Ruiner1978

thanks for sharing i was just wondering what that other one wanted. maybe it was one of guides

You mean one of my spirit guides or something like that?
I don't so. It was definitely trying to intimidate me.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Undomiel241

That's good that he believes you. It makes a world of difference to know someone close who believes you when going through such difficult experiences. I could imagine that it could be quite difficult to convince people, because so much of the SP experiences happen while asleep.

You mentioned seeing things come true. That actually runs in my family: having dreams that come true. In my case, I have moments of powerful deja vu (every object and where it is situated to everything else, every person and their postures, are all extremely familiar,) during which I remember seeing that moment while in a dream state. I never wake up remembering having one of those experiences in seeing the future, but I remember them (sometimes) when experiencing deja vu.

I once had a dream, while going through a very troubling time in my life, which seemed to taunt me about terrible things to come. Part of the dream actually came true, part has yet to happen. I've always been teased about prophetic dreams (at one time prophetic visions) of two men who seem to mean me harm. In the vision I saw their faces, illustrated by pencil (but with far greater detail than I, as an artist, could draw, or that the human eye could see,) followed by the image of a nice white house and a green yard. I saw each face while waking up, my pupils facing theirs. I could move my head, my eyes, or even close my eyes, but nothing would shake them or even darken the image at all. Each time I lifted up in my bed with a nervous laugh (a way of handling how scary it was,) and the image faded away.

On the second day (after seeing the second face,) I was half somewhere else when my vision was showing me the house, took me through the house, and stopped until it faded at the back (as if something was saying: SEE THIS. LOOK. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THIS PLACE.) It's difficult to explain but it was as if it had happened while I was in the kitchen, I think eating cookies by the counter. Somehow both things happened at once. I returned fully to my awakened state after the vision ended and wondered how it was possible.

edit on 24-2-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I do not have all of the SP experiences that others do, although I do have some. In my case, I had messed with a Ouija board years ago, and did feel something dark enter the home. I experienced a great deal of supernatural activity afterwards, eventually demonic attacks.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack

That's a pretty good estimation! They are indeed controlling bullies.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I saw it in 2006, while living in Atlanta, GA. I was living in an apartment, and my bedroom had a hallway to my bathroom. I would leave the hall light on so I could see my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I would crack my door open to the bedroom to allow some light into the room. One night, I awoke, laying on my back, SP in full mode, and my vision was blurry, but I saw an orb, no light eminating from it, only the light from the hallway made it visible. It was metallic in color, dark grey. I blinked my eyes several times and my vision cleared. I wasn't breathing, or if I was, it was really shallow. As my eyes cleared, I noticed the orb seemed organic in nature, with tendrils or tentacles moving subtly, flowing. The tendrils were evenly dispersed around the orb, maybe 1-2 feet long, different lengths. The orb body appeared 1 -2 feet in diameter. Each tendril rippled independently. Keep in mind, this event happened rather quickly, over the course of what seemed 10 seconds or so. As I became aware I wasn't dreaming, I said out loud, or thought I did, "What the Fu--?", and it heard me, because it vanished immediately. I laid in bed a good 5 minutes before the SP let go of me completely, as I was spooked beyond belief, and then I got up and investigated the entire apartment, but nothing was there.

I believe it was organic. I believe it was observing me, or I was observing it. It did not have eyes that I could see, but it seemed alive. It was sensing, or just being, and it was stationary in location, but moving in place. It was about 5 feet off the ground, pretty large. It did not make any noise. I have no idea what it was, or of any origin. I looked like an organism, like what you might see under a microscope in water, or some kind of pollen, but alive, and unlike anything I've seen or experienced before. So I guess either it was observing me without knowing I could see it, or I was observing it without it knowing I was there. When I mummered, it got the hell out of there in an instant, or I was cut off from whatever plane or dimension I was observing.

I've thought about it often, but never seen it again since. I believe I scared it by my awareness of it, or I somehow was invisible to it until I spoke, at least I think I tried to speak. I may have only said the words in my head, but it heard me and instantly vanished.

What do you think what you saw is? Is what you saw a close semblance of what I've described? It may have been an organic-probe, or it may have been an organism from another dimension. It didn't seem nefarious, but I wouldn't mess with one, it was pretty good size, and Lord knows what it is capable of.

edit on 24-2-2016 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2
That dream with the faces sound scary!
My guess is that it is indeed either a warning or maybe a past-life experience, but it could also be that you picked up the energy of someone who has experienced this and that you somehow picked up on those feelings of dread. The events that I feel or know in advance or sometimes about what happened to someone else are always connected to strong emotions.
Have you seen the house in real life or not yet? If you have you could try finding out if something ever happened there.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Yea i had pretty much the same thing happen. i saw it in bed in Sp and it was a black blob in the corner of the room with its tentrills branched out around the room. before i saw it, i saw little balls of gray fire, i saw these while fully awake. the balls of fire like chased or followed the blob as it went in to the wall and disappeared then i was released from SP. my theory is that when a shadow being collect enough energy it turns into the blob, which is some kind of cocoon, but i really have no idea.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It wasn't a dream. Each time it was a vision I had after I woke up, of extreme clarity.

I've never seen the house. However, on the same day that I had that vision I did see a white house with a green yard on the TV, where a woman was murdered. It looked quite similar, but not exactly the same. The paint was worn, however the vision I had could have been from an earlier time. It seemed to me that the vision of the house was made so clear so that there would be no doubt when I saw it in real life, and by that logic seeing the similar looking house on the news must have been a coincidence. It has occurred to me that the two men I saw were the ones who murdered the woman. I was great at drawing, especially with a pencil, and since their images had come to me as if drawn by pencil it seemed possible that I was meant to draw them. When it comes to the spiritual, so much is a mystery and open to interpretation.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Undomiel241

i think the talk ones are in charge and the small are just underlings or something different competently.

In the other tread I suggested this may be linked to Odin and his two ravens Hugin and Munin who search the realms to gather information for him. He has 'carved runes into their claws so they may pass beyond any barrier' quote from wiki.

Interesting.

From my experience with shadow beings I got the impression that maybe they were barring me from entering the altered state I seemed to be entering in SP, call it the astral realm I suppose...

If I entertain this line of thinking of shadow beings as guardians to the entrance of the "astral garden" stopping us humans of the physical earth from entering, I can't help but be reminded of this passage from Genesis:

20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

21 Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Boscov

Yea i had pretty much the same thing happen. i saw it in bed in Sp and it was a black blob in the corner of the room with its tentrills branched out around the room. before i saw it, i saw little balls of gray fire, i saw these while fully awake. the balls of fire like chased or followed the blob as it went in to the wall and disappeared then i was released from SP. my theory is that when a shadow being collect enough energy it turns into the blob, which is some kind of cocoon, but i really have no idea.

If we go with the theory that SP is a state of having one foot in the astral and one foot in the physical. Half way between realms if you will, then would it be reasonable to state that humanoid shadow beings could be a native intelligent entity of the astral, and entities such as your blob with tendrils could be basic astral wildlife? Like the astral equivalent of jellyfish, rats or the like?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's interesting what you say about power lines. It's almost like the excess electric charge in the atmosphere is allowing 'things' to materialise more. Thanks for getting me thinking about it

I started a thread about it to see if others notice the same effect (increase in paranormal activity when living near such devices):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Will be interesting to see what others notice

originally posted by: solve

I think some of them have something to do with some kind of electrical pollution, you see, i have moved once a year, for almost ten years, and i had the worst experiences, when i was living next to a power plant, and even closer to these huge power lines.

In that place, the shadow creatures got more colours and detail, one i remember pretty well,
i suddenly woke up, and this monitor the size of a basketball was hovering next to me, it was pretty much round shaped ball, with a big screen in the middle, and it had some kind of "wings" that were slowly going up and down.

I am so glad i dont live in there anymore, you could literally feel the electricity in the air.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I had sleep paralysis before and had a shadow person/creature laying beside me looking at me.
Kind of interesting!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey I recently just joined this site, but I found this article interesting cuz I too have had sleep paralysis episodes. The first one I had was back in 2012. I was practicing astral projection at the time and I did get results once. Anyway, one night during my meditation I was laying on my back and I had to have been in an hour or 2 into meditation and next thing I know I woke up unable to move and I felt this weight holding my arms down. I could literally feel pressure increasing on my arms and legs. I was terrified. I've moved quite a few times and have had an SP episode each place I've been. The most scariest one I've had was this past summer. My boyfriend woke up to go do something and he told me he'd be back. I remember after he left I fell asleep and was immediately awoken completely paralyzed. And this time I saw something. I couldn't tell what it was but all I knew was there was an eerie presence about it. I remember trying to scream and I couldn't open my mouth! I felt helpless! I squeezed my eyes shut and just kept telling myself it's not real. The feeling passed and I gained control of my body. Did I go back to sleep after that? Lol hell no. Anyway, I'm wondering if maybe I possibly could've caused this for trying to astral project? I haven't practiced in awhile cuz I guess I'm afraid to try now after these experiences I've had. I'm in my early 20's by the way.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I figured I could share my experience from some years ago, here it goes:

"""
I was sleeping, and I dreamed that I was laying in my bed and that someone standing right next to the bed was starring at me.

But then I woke up, and there WAS someone standing there!!
The being standig there was VERY tall, I have a high bed (with my desk under) and the being was actually looking down at me, it almost reached the roof!
I clearly saw that this was no human, and I was home alone so it couldn't be.
I got very scared and just pulled the sheat over my head (wrong move...)
And I was laying there under my sheet breathing heavily because I was scared, and nothing happend.
So I forced myself to take a look, and then it was gone!

I wonder what it could be...
I once saw a ghost when I was young, but this didn't look like that.
I didn't get a good look at it, I just remember it was a dark tall being.
"""

And yeah, I've had sleep paralysis and OOBEs and the worrying feelings about possible abductions going on...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

There is a transformer on the property I am renting from, not far away, visible from my apartment window. There were large power lines running through the woods near my parents' house, where a lot of supernatural activity occurred.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

I have a theory. We humans are the advanced creature on the planet, but some of us are looking for paranormal crap like ghosts, flying, soul leaving and what not. But if you really investigate human body you will see we are ultimate machine. Many people don't care about their body and health and I have a feeling government may gave something to do with this, but this is different story.

Let me go back to shadow people. Our brain is the best brain on earth and probably in the galaxy. So how come this ultimate device see some scary paranormal people. Answer is he sees not.

Our brain is using high sense, alert perception, making your body aware of things and people around you. Sometimes brain can act like that in sleep and then that can scare the person, so when you wake up you can see things that are produced by your brain.

You know trick when u stare at someone's back that person will turn and look at you. Well this may be something like that.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

I have a theory. We humans are the advanced creature on the planet, but some of us are looking for paranormal crap like ghosts, flying, soul leaving and what not. But if you really investigate human body you will see we are ultimate machine. Many people don't care about their body and health and I have a feeling government may gave something to do with this, but this is different story.

Let me go back to shadow people. Our brain is the best brain on earth and probably in the galaxy. So how come this ultimate device see some scary paranormal people. Answer is he sees not.

Our brain is using high sense, alert perception, making your body aware of things and people around you. Sometimes brain can act like that in sleep and then that can scare the person, so when you wake up you can see things that are produced by your brain.

You know trick when u stare at someone's back that person will turn and look at you. Well this may be something like that.

I heard this theory before and it holds no water for me. It's dismissive of many factors. It ignores the fact that so many people see the exact same entities, not just seeing them but feeling the same intent from them and experiencing the exact same situations. You will probably argue that people have heard about this things or seen a YouTube video on them beforehand, have SP, then have the experience.
However, this doesn't explain my personal experience of having SP and experiencing shadow beings long before I had access to the Internet, and I had been having these experiences 2 or 3 years before even hearing the phrase "sleep paralysis".
You will probably counter this with the "collective consciousness fear archetype manifestation" theory, which again, holds no water because of Occam's Razor, too much to consider when the simplest answer would be that you're seeing something that is actually there.
Plus, I would manifest something I was actually scared of. I've never been fearful of shadows, know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Argentus, you basically told my story as well. Late teens, I began reading a book about inducing OBE's. I tried to induce them, one afternoon, to no avail. However, that very night I had my first experience with sleep paralysis. The beginning of a long line of regular occurrences, now stretching 20+ years. I too believe whatever mental exercises I was practicing, unlocked if you will, a pathway that lead to SP occurring on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes terrifying, other times peaceful, and sometimes an absolute wild ride outside the confines of my body....I know, sounds crazy huh? I can 100% relate to everything you mentioned. crazy. Same friggin' story, to a tee.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Seeing the same entity or having the same feeling actually backs this theory. Because when our animal instinct kicks in, we are all the same.

Sane thing is with obe. I be very careful with inducing obe, because your brain is caught between wake mode and automatic|instinct mode. And having your brain lock too much at this modes can possibly harm your brain.

That why they say that some people get posesed with demon, I don't believe they get posesed by demon, I believe they mental health gets messed up with locking the brain between this two modes.
edit on 3-3-2016 by saadad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

Seeing the same entity or having the same feeling actually backs this theory. Because when our animal instinct kicks in, we are all the same.

Sane thing is with obe. I be very careful with inducing obe, because your brain is caught between wake mode and automatic|instinct mode. And having your brain lock too much at this modes can possibly harm your brain.

That why they say that some people get posesed with demon, I don't believe they get posesed by demon, I believe they mental health gets messed up with locking the brain between this two modes.

Well I suppose I can understand why you'd think that if you're actively trying to induce these states yourself, which you obviously are. However, I don't think it's applicable to most cases and the bigger picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join