It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people and sleep paralysis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack

Obviously it won't work if you're paralysed, but if you jump up and chase them they run.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Had many episodes of this. The first time it happened I was about 16. I was having a vivid dream of being in a place I used to hang out at the time. I was leaning up against some bushes, slowly rolling along them. I felt like I was on auto pilot, almost intoxicated, kind of in a trance. I slipped through into the bushed and sank down into the ground, all slow motion. Came to a stop maybe 15 feet at the bottom, looking up I could see the top of the rectangular hole and the silhouettes of two heads looking down at me.
I woke up and couldn't move. I just thought "What the hell, I'm paralysed!" Then realised I could move my eyes, looked right and saw, what I assumed at the time, the silhouette of my 8 year old brother stood next to my bed in the dark room, just looking at me.
I tried to say to him "Wake me up, I can't move" but it came out all messed up cos of the paralysis. The small figure just carried on looking at me for a moment, then slowly leaned closer, extending it's arm and prodded my in the shoulder 3 times with it's finger, observed me a moment more then suddenly I came out of it with no one in the room.
I passed this first time off as just an odd dream about waking up paralysed and getting poked by my younger brother. Until later experiences...

My second SP wasn't for a while, but I did have a couple of months of feeling like something jumping on top of me at the moment of falling asleep some nights.
Then I started having SP most nights for a few years. Most episodes I would see an adult sized shadow figure. It would just look at me, but seem to inject a feeling of horror into me. Other times I could just feel a presence of absolute evil and malevolence floating above me. Not sure if they where one in the same.

Will post more later.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: barefootsoldier
I have rushes of what can only be described as spiritual electrical energy through my body which gets more intense. As it builds and rushes more towards my head I can hear this static like sound buzz which sometimes sounds like a radio being tuned in right by my ear...

I know the feeling. Buzzing static in the head which gets more intense.
I get the feeling it may be the sound of phasing into their realm.
Some say it's the cue to start astral projecting which I tried once. Felt like I did start to separate from my body but woke straight up after being greeted with a thick black Web thing, kinda like Spiderman's Venom, in my face and a loud squealing

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
i had it last year a few times and at first i was freaked out but the more i had it then i realised i could actually control what was going on,once you learn to control it it,s actually quite a rush,i did post about this at some point last year .

only downside is when i realized what was going on and i learned to stop being scared of it. Is when i actaually stopped experin it.

Yes. I eventually realised I could use SP as a springboard into lucid dreaming and started to have fun with it. After that I rarely had an episode. Almost as if I was no longer any interest to these shadow beings...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Are these the same shadow people that are in your waking life you just cant see them?

Seems like they have found a way to inject fear with sleep paralysis.

I have never seen them but a psychic medium I know sees them sometimes, in waking life. She has a bit of a lazy eye and can catch them looking at her. I have a conclusion that they have a way to move about in the part of vision that we do not see (like that super power where you can walk around in someone's peripheral vision without being seen).

She says that on the day of the dead (around Halloween), there are many many more out than usual. I saw some, looks like flashing shadows or just my imagination. She says its not, its shadow people.

I still think its my imagination.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Obviously it won't work if you're paralysed, but if you jump up and chase them they run.

There were times when I managed to move my arm while in SP, but when I snapped out of it my arm hadn't moved at all. I always thought I just imagined moving it but the last episode I had makes me think...

This was a couple of years ago. Slipped into SP one night and tried getting into a lucid dream state like I normally would. Felt the shadow being presence but I didn't have the fear, almost like being half way into that lucid state gave me control of the situation.
Then I saw it. Crouched down by the side of my bed. I don't know for sure but I had the feeling this pathetic little thing was what had been harassing me all these years.
It looked like Gollum, Smeegle from Lord of the Rings, only a bit more alien looking, wet, frail, with a "uh oh" look on it's face. I went for it. Sluggishly willed my body to attack it which I managed to do. Gravity felt x10 and it didn't try to get away as I slowly rolled off the bed and dragged myself towards it, just kind of took it with this emotionless shock while grabbed at it and pushed it into the floor.

Then I suddenly woke up in bed. Not had SP since...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: barefootsoldier
wow you are the older person i even heard of having this experience. most people i talk to are much older. have you tried fight back though?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

great job, they seem not to ever come back once you stand up to them they are cowards. I think the reason gravity seems higher is because most people are not accustomed to moving in their astral body with out practice or the entity its self is the cause. just my theory.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

the web thing i have seen i think the being goes through a transformation when it gather the right amount of energy. Did you see in orbs or balls of white fire?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Undomiel241

interesting, i heard that people astral projecting can appear as black shadows to other people you should be careful about trusting people who you don't know for long distance healing.

could be that they are studying us. i think the talk ones are in charge and the small are just underlings or something different competently.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
BTW, I have never sensed what I would characterize as "shadow people" however I have 'felt' malevolent entities, so I guess that might be consistent with what you are referring to.

Science easily explains sleep paralysis. those explanations have never seemed like quite the whole truth to me. Of course, I'm a self-avowed whackamole. It seems like my duty to question everything, and I do. Why, if it is only the brain basically twiddling its metaphorical thumbs, would it create an impression of malevolence? How could that be an evolutionary-favorable trait?

I wonder about dimensions, and what has been characterized as the spirit world. What if we, under certain circumstances, are able to interact with other dimensions? What if those dimensions have living entities? I don't know. I know that even though I've been able to come to terms with SP, I'm still very much not crazy about it. Sometimes it almost feels like a genetic memory -- like something that "we' have know for millenia are dangerous for us? I feel confident that more knowledge about this all can only benefit those of us who feel it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I wonder about dimensions, and what has been characterized as the spirit world. What if we, under certain circumstances, are able to interact with other dimensions? What if those dimensions have living entities?

I would imagine that is true. I certainly don't doubt it.

BTW, I have never sensed what I would characterize as "shadow people" however I have 'felt' malevolent entities

I have never had sleep paralysis, but a couple of times in my life I have sensed an evil of some kind in a couple of places. It was quite chilling.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Then I saw it. Crouched down by the side of my bed. I don't know for sure but I had the feeling this pathetic little thing was what had been harassing me all these years.
It looked like Gollum, Smeegle from Lord of the Rings, only a bit more alien looking, wet, frail, with a "uh oh" look on it's face

That really creeped me out!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I've had 5 experiences of SP that I can clearly remember. Two were with human like entities, two where I was alone, and one with what appeared as an floating orb organism in my room. I was 9 when the first tall, dark male figure layer down next to me in bed an touched my leg. I was 16 when I awoke with a mirror on my ceiling and I was mirrored in it, but the mirror ceiling was blue-ish and when the blue-ish me became aware of me, it tried to lunge at me from above, but I attacked it, strangling it. The third was when I was 24, and I awoke in my apartment alone,mbut could see my whole apartment, even moved around some. The fourth was when I was 26, and I awoke to an orb organism floating in my room, it had tentacles that moved like seaweed under water, and when I said "what the fu.." It teleported out of my sight. The fifth was when I was 30, and a silhouette of a little girl with pig tails was at the side of my bed, scared and yelling muted, inaudible words at me, like she needed my help, but I couldn't make out what she was saying.

I fly often in my dreams, sometimes as a person, sometimes as a bird. I have very lucid dreams. The SP is hard and exhausting, but I've found some progression with it. I too cannot speak or move, but my eyes, even blinking, and hearing work. It's very hard to breathe. I've even had a different kind of dream where I've encountered multiples of me, in mirrors, and strange vibrations, sounds, bending of a toothbrush in my hand by some intense vibration and scattered fractal fusia red light. When the others of me saw me, they were horrified at my existence. Funny thing, they were wearing different outfits that we're currently in my closet. Back to the toothbrush, I was in the bathroom when the vibrations started, moved to my bedroom, that's when the light and vibrations got stronger, and no joke, the toothbrush still in my hand started bending around all crazy.

I've had dreams which have come true, and dreams where I feel they haven't come to pass yet. For some reason, I feel very connected to other realms of psyche and reality. I do not use drugs or take medications to induce these dreams/visions. There is no rhyme to them. They amaze me. So much more to the mind and our existence, even if it's all fantasy and imagination...I do believe our mind and spirit exists beyond the physical, and eternally.

I know that seems like a lot of crazy, but trust me, it's just a small sampling of the experiences in dreams I've had, but it's all the SPs I can remember for now. I have dreamt of future trauma and it came to pass, personal trauma, a car wreck...I've posted about it before. So, so much more I remember, which is odd as well...my first memory is when I ran outside to our car...I was 11 months old...I fell and banged up my face real good, still have the scar in my eyebrow to show for it.

Peace to all who fear the SP, nothing is there that can really hurt you...you are the master of your own mind and body...the rest is up to our spirit, wherever you believe that comes from...I believe it comes from our origin, our Creator, possibly someone else's fantasy reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Shadow people or shadowy figure are probably indeed shadows of some creatures (maybe aliens) who possess invisibility power or technology.. they can hide their body, but cant hide their shadow. MAYBE.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I used to have SP, but it was very strange because I would wake up in a state of being paralyzed, but I didn't feel so much paralyzed as I felt extremely lazy and not really having the motivation to move, which is what the SP felt like, and it is true also that I couldn't move, but I always knew that I could rip out of it with extreme will power which I did do after I didn't want to be laying there paralyzed any longer. To do that took me about 10 seconds and I could end it myself and sit up in bed.

But here's that part that makes it strange. It changed to me beginning to wake up in that state, and then something would pull my astral body off the bed and pin me very forcefully to the floor, rather than the entire episode all just happening in bed and paralyzed, and I could even feel the carpet and see everything clearly, but I could not see any assailant, only feel it's super strength grip holding me and pinning me to the floor. This is when I would get angry and rip out of it with will power, but as soon as I would break free, I would awaken movable in my bed as if it had been a dream.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

So much more to the mind and our existence, even if it's all fantasy and imagination...I do believe our mind and spirit exists beyond the physical, and eternally.

I had an out of body experience once many years ago and it wasn't intentional. It was very brief and scared the hell out of me at the time as I thought I was dead. It took me a looong time to get to sleep that night, but once I saw I was ok and still alive I thought wow, what a trip! That is one reason I am so open minded and can't easily dismiss strange things that people say they experience. I too believe that our mind and spirit/soul exists beyond our physical bodies and that we continue on after physical death.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978Zzzsbm

originally posted by: sparky31
Yes. I eventually realised I could use SP as a springboard into lucid dreaming and started to have fun with it. After that I rarely had an episode. Almost as if I was no longer any interest to these shadow beings...

quote: I eventually realised I could use SP as a springboard into lucid dreaming and started to have fun with it. After that I rarely had an episode. Almost as if I was no longer any interest to these shadow beings...

I had that too! It's like the Green Lantern, you can create anything with your imagination, so much fun!!

edit on 24-2-2016 by Undomiel241 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2016 by Undomiel241 because: quoting failed

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack
a reply to: Undomiel241

i think the talk ones are in charge and the small are just underlings or something different competently.

In the other tread I suggested this may be linked to Odin and his two ravens Hugin and Munin who search the realms to gather information for him. He has 'carved runes into their claws so they may pass beyond any barrier' quote from wiki.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is a sherry or port brand by the name of Sandeman, their logo looks a lot like the shadowman with the hat.
(inserting image didn't work, or rather, I wasn't able to
but you can google it)

Also, there is an old episode of the Twilight Zone about the Shadowman. Do NOT watch if you are bothered by them at this time...

If you are, it really comes down to standing up for yourself, they are weak bullies who try to scare you, nothing more. As soon as you manage to no longer be afraid, they are gone.
Not being afraid does not mean: acting as if you are not afraid because that does not work, just like with dogs, they sense that underneath you still are and they will mock you for it. It means truly feeling that you do not let yourself be bullied anymore. Good luck, you can do it!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join