It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tories to sell off NHS recruitment agency. Big step towards privatisation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi

There is breaking news that the tory led government are in the process of selling the NHS recruitment agency. This is big news and contradicts what the government have been saying to the public. But when have lies ever gotten in the way of a good profit.

With the NHS spending £3.3 billion on temporary staff just last year it is inevitable that greed will take over. It's just a matter of time before an American style health system is in place.

Is there anything that can be done to prevent this or were the tories given free reign to spread their ideology at the last election.

link

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

I don't understand why the NHS doesn't take on permanent staff instead of using temps. This has been going on for a long time though so there must be some reason for it.

I am not surprised slimy cameron is thinking of helping some of his mates to what is probably some lucrative little piece of the NHS that we all pay for.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

These bastards would try selling ice to the Eskimo's, so i cant say im really surprised.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If we stand by idly watching the government dismantle the NHS and other establishment we supposedly value, then to be honest we don't deserve it. Sadly I fear people will only realise the error of their ways when it has completely been moved into the private sector and then it will be too late.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

If we sit back and do nothing i agree that we dont deserve it, but our children and grandchildren do.

They should not be forced to pay for our inaction.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree, it's been an age old tradition for the future generations to be left paying for the mistakes of previous generations, but what are we supposed to do when the majority of people simply don't care or aren't even aware of the implications of their inability to stand up and act against such things ?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I wish I had some answers for you. Thing is rather a significant percentage of our population are atemping to deal with there own problems and just managing to survive and stay above the bread line. It's kind of hard to do anything else when you are worried where the next penny or pay check are coming from.

Truth is we simply cannot see the forest for the trees, and if you ask me that's by design.
edit on 22-2-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yet again the Tories guarantees, guarantee absolutely nothing and we should not be surprised by this move.

They have 4 and a bit more years to privatise what is left of our public services and they will do all they can to ensure their mates benefit from any privatisation, that you can guarantee.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Of course it's by design the whole system is rigged in order to distract the citizens from glaring issues, it's almost impossible to believe that people used to stand up for what they believed in and actually fight for what they believed in even if it meant death, we have been pacified as a nation so that no fight remains left within most of us.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

People still collectively protest against decisions made by Governments, it's just that they do not get any MSM coverage.

In London last week, thousands of Taxi drivers brought central London to a standstill, but this was not mentioned on the national news. Had it been Islamists protesting or right wing activists protesting, maybe there would have been?

We only get to see what they want us to see, so everybody else thinks no one is doing anything about it, but believe me, they are.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Protests while getting word out there, effectively do nothing as the government just ignores it. Case in point the protesters over the Iraq war and the attack on Libya.

People need to start doing more than just parading through the streets complaining, that's easy, what's not easy is beginning a campaign of non compliance like refusing to pay taxes to fund these putrid lying sacks of # we give power to and various other forms of non compliance because there's a lot more risk involved when you begin to push too hard against those in power. People won't step out of their comfort zone for fear of losing said comfort and apparently their comfort is worth more than their beliefs and morals
edit on 22/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I don't understand why the NHS doesn't take on permanent staff instead of using temps. This has been going on for a long time though so there must be some reason for it.

May be due to limiting international nurses is a big factor, I know as I am married to Filipino national that was working here in the medical profession.. Many people that could be in key worker positions such as mid wifes etc etc have elected to jump ship or have been pushed out and are heading to Canada, Australia, Dubai and New Zealand.. The propersition of working in the UK is no longer even considered by international medical staff, at least in our findings..

With a good recruitment drive for quality overseas nurses and doctors the NHS staffing issues could be resolved in months. Sadly the UK gives little effort to allowing people that can actually do a job the time of day as when you refuse such a application or remove a person in said postions you are ticking a box on a spreadsheet..

It is far easier to expel someone who has followed the rules and you know where they are rather than chase no name people that should not be here in the first place. When you are not in these situations yourself you will be saying "nah that is not the case".. Well I have seen it and lived it, believe me it is the case.......

Sorry if that went into a bit of a rant.....

RA

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I found this episode of Sputnik on RT very relevant to this thread, Our NHS is indeed being privatised....STEALTHILY !!!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Democratic process is supposed to be how effect change in today's society's. Unfortunately the notion of such is quite simply a lie as it does not do what it says on the tin.

The truth of the matter is that there can be no change without blood. The people who rule this nation from behind the curtain and via there political puppets are never going to go quietly in to the night. Fact is they are protected by the laws they implemented and put in place.

Nothing will change as long as "they" remain in power.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

With respect to the OP and not wishing to derail, but the £8 Billion (GBP) net which the UK pays annually for membership of the EU would cover an extra 160,000 nurses at a £50,000 a year wages/training cost.
...just saying

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I am not surprised slimy cameron is thinking of helping some of his mates to what is probably some lucrative little piece of the NHS that we all pay for.

Because of the cost of living in London. There is national pay scale for nurses across the country. In some parts of the country that salary might just be enough to be self-sufficient to rent a flat and own a car. But in London, that salary just isn't enough to own a house and live within a short commute. As nurses work shifts that can include morning, afternoon, night, they have to go to and from work at 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, and 10pm - 6am). That isn't too pleasant in the dark in small city, let alone somewhere like London. The only way they can get nurses is through temping agencies who offer danger money salaries.

The solution would be to make the streets of London safe so that no muggings, stabbings, attacks took place.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: slider1982

With respect to the OP and not wishing to derail, but the £8 Billion (GBP) net which the UK pays annually for membership of the EU would cover an extra 160,000 nurses at a £50,000 a year wages/training cost.
...just saying

And do you really believe if they could save £8 billion they would plow that money into the NHS.? Not a chance, They will see that as £8 Billion they could pocket for themselves and their rich pals or piss it up against a wall on another stupid project.

£8 billion might seem a lot to the mere mortal but Governments see it as loose change.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Interesting opinion, I guess we've got the opportunity to find out with the referendum in June.

[Braveheart voice] FREEDOM!!!
Lol ...I won't whinge like a pre-teen if the people vote against though, and you can hold me to that.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Soon one of our greatest achievements as a society will be dust and it will be near impossible to pull it back, Nye Bevan will be turning in his grave. Shame on those in power pushing this through. Trying to raise awareness or make people care though, is like banging your head against a brick wall.

new topics

top topics

join