It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of worship...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

for once we have a common ground.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Okay, okay, okay! If that is considered as worship, I worship too, I have to admit.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
nearer my God to thee

edit on 22-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

for once we have a common ground.

Absolutely. I want to hold on to all the common ground I have with people. I was raised in the church and my family (including me at four years old) sang almost every Sunday. I love the old hymns. That video you posted gave me chills. Beautiful!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It is one of my favourites. Glad you liked it.

The Cello song is really nice. Someone told me he is playing a period piece cello from the time of Bach. Not sure if it is true.

Oh and you have to give a listen to Cello Wars.

edit on 22-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And I (and I) want MY companieros to be considered as worshippers too. Different style, same message: Some are IT already and some are just on their way.

Slime - Artificial:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Aww the cello video is blocked here in my country. Love at least one of the others as well though!

This one is one of my favorites, check it out:
Video

I feel devoting a piece of beautiful music to God is a very good idea. It's all about love and knowing where the beauty and love come from. Connecting a fantastic piece of music to the one who invented it at the end of the day is great.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Cuddlecow because: slight changes

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuddlecow

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Still haven'd found the time to embed a youtube-video propely. Sorry for that. Here is:

VERY KLEZMER - Giora Feidman & Gitanes Blondes - GASN NIGUN @ Volkshaus Jena - Germany, set I:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

And to not forget this lovely, but non-cheesy kind of worshipping:

Rastak Group - Hele Mali (Booshehri):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And here comes Swedens (THE North's) take on IT:

E.S.T Live in Hamburg - Behind the Yashmak:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

"You did it again, Willy."

"What?"

"YOU let ME play after some bands I can not top."

"So?"

"I'm just saying....that's not fair. You let me look as if I'm a selfish moron."

"No! Definitely not, Farin."

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"What ever. You will pay for it. That you can be sure of. And yes, you indeed play a sh!tty guitar!"

"Sorry."

"Forgiven."

Farin Urlaub Racing Team - iDisco (Offizielles Video):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

And lets not forget Sir Bob, the bible-expert. He certainly does have something to say. Don't you think so too?

Bob Dylan _ The Man in Me:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-2-2016 by Willingly because: falsly adressed Bob

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I just want to add some fella, who also worships like a boss, for some decades in a row.

Dr John on the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus - NAMM 2016:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Russia rocks! And worships kinda nicely, IMHO. Here is prove.

Mahala Rai Banda - Datscha Party @ Übel und Gefährlich, Hamburg:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
While I live by faith, I have seen the absolute proof of God working in my life and it is beyond beautiful, it surpasses the human ability for description.

Incredible words...

Much thanks to the OP as well for creating the thread.

This is one topic that is very rarely discussed on ATS and yet at the same time it just could be the most important thing a person could ever understand.

That is the very purpose that we were created for.

Everyone bows at some sort of altar and pays homage to some sort of god.

The Lord once told Norvel Hayes that: 'My church is sadly lacking. And they are lacking because they don't worship me.'

"God told Norvel Hayes the church is sadly lacking. We do not worship Him enough. You have to get alone in the privacy of your home and get on your knees and just worship Jesus, telling Him how much you love Him and appreciate Him. So I did. And after a few weeks, suddenly, God began to speak. After a while, Jesus began to appear to me. He would just walk in my room like an ordinary person and sit and talk to me."

Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God in Your Life

"...spend much time in private worship. God is calling you into His Presence, for that is the only place you will find fullness of joy–His joy–which will be your strength." Transformation of the Soul

In the last fifteen years the Lord has manifested Himself three times to me concerning the importance of people worshiping Him. The third time He did was when I started writing my book on worship. God showed me that the number one covenant was worshiping Him. I asked the Lord what I could do to help people so they can get things from Him easily. (It isn't hard to get God to do things for you.) He said, "Son, take them back to the beginning; put first things first"

But the Lord told me, "Take them back to the beginning and show them in the Scriptures what kind of people I picked and how they treated Jesus when they first saw Him. The Church is supposed to be treating Jesus like that now. That is why it is in there—to teach them to put first things first."

HOW TO BECOME A WISE MAN IN GOD'S EYES

edit on Feb000000Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:12:34 -06008pm29Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:12:34 -060020161224 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The Lord once told Norvel Hayes that: 'My church is sadly lacking. And they are lacking because they don't worship me.'

Here is my take on that. From a great worshipper himself.

Jim Jefferies - God goes to a party:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

God exists to be the center of attention and we are that attention, huh?

Kinda creepy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join