It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intriguing Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I came across this photo in the comments section of a Youtube video... of all places. The user who took it said it was a high altitude object going "way faster than a normal jet". Apparently it was heading SW - possibly towards area 51 and crossed the sky in 30 seconds.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Sunlit contrail

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

a reply to: ufoofinterest

Please read the post before you comment

That doesn't explain the description or the gap between the contrail and the aircraft itself
edit on 531Mondayam2016-02-22T05:45:31-06:00kMon2016510 by BlackDog10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

The OP was talking about what created the sunlit contrail...not the sunlit contrail itself.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The gap in the contrail could be due to different thermal layers / temperature gradients.

It could also be due to the aircraft switching propulsion methods...if it's an experimental craft, it could be a portion of the flight was using experimental means (of some type), before switching back to conventional propulsion?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

There is a gap because a layer of cloud is covering a portion.
I would say it is just a contrail however there seems to be some breaking up of the object causing the trail...
So it is most likely a meteor...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Has everything to do with the post.

The spiel is just bs to make it sound more interesting than it is.

Heading towards Area 51 lol

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

So you want to know what created it?

It was a plane.

To be any more precise we would need time of day, date and location so we could check flights in that area at that time.
edit on 224622/2/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

The gap is as others have said, just a drier layer of air. As for what it was, there's not enough context to speculate. Where was it? When was it? What time of day?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10

a reply to: ufoofinterest

Please read the post before you comment

That doesn't explain the description or the gap between the contrail and the aircraft itself

You never mentioned the gap in the OP at all??

Gaps in contrails are pretty normal and mundane. If you look closely at your image the gap actually isn't between the contrail and the aircraft. It's in the contrail as the aircraft can be clearly seen to be creating a v shaped contrail as it goes along. The difference is that it is dissipating immediately, hence the gap. The end of the long trail is just where the aircraft left an area of humid air and entered an area of drier air.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Not necessarily but intriguing to think it may be something interesting. No less credible than a lot of stuff that gets posted around here.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10
a reply to: TerryDon79

Not necessarily but intriguing to think it may be something interesting. No less credible than a lot of stuff that gets posted around here.

Credible as what? All I can see is a picture and then a video of an unknown plane creating a contrail.

Am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It may well be something interesting, I'm not saying it isn't. Only that the contrail with the gap in it isn't, which was part of your question wasn't it?

Also the video and image are of a tiny speck with no context so how are we ever supposed to know?
edit on 22-2-2016 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 22-2-2016 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The aircraft as well seems to be lit up by the sun. Interesting in that if it was stealth painted aircraft that would be a fail?

That narrows it down a little?
grins!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: MysterX

There is a gap because a layer of cloud is covering a portion.
I would say it is just a contrail however there seems to be some breaking up of the object causing the trail...
So it is most likely a meteor…

Nah, a jet. You're right about clouds obscuring a portion, the other thing I was thinking is the jet is passing into earth shadow, becoming dimmer than the contrail still lit by the sun.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Looks like two engines set wide in close-up. Delta planform?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If you're trying to hide something, flying at sunset seems like a stupid idea. Probably not that interesting.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
airliner at FL 39 or 40....sky broken in the evening time....speed 545 mph crew at least one is awake...( yes they nap )

top topics

join