It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saul of Tarsus: False prophet

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Jesus is alive in heaven when he spoke to Paul...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

You only have Paul's claim that such occurred though. Why can't you see that?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Jesus is alive in heaven when he spoke to Paul...

How the hell can you say that?
You might believe it, but in no way is it true. Read Matthew 24:23-26 and you will find Jesus said not to believe such people.

But who cares what Jesus said, is that how you think?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

There you go again twisting things...
Jesus is talking about people who will claim to be him...
edit on 27-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Those who knew Jesus had Pauls back why don't you?
Why can't you see you don't know what you are talking about?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If angels can fall so can men. Paul's entire existence as Paul is filled with controversy. You act like all the apostles and everyone who knew Jesus just up and embraced him when that's so clearly bull#.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Those who knew Jesus had Pauls back why don't you?
Why can't you see you don't know what you are talking about?

That's just flat out false. I quote Saul from 2 Timothy
"All those in Asia have turned away from me."

Plus the altercation in the New Testament clearly shows they in NO WAY had his back.

Youve never read it like straight through Matthew to Revelation or you wouldn't make such an absurd claim.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

There you go again twisting things...
Jesus is talking about people who will claim to be him...

That's such a bs accusation. Just go on, ignore Jesus.

You are a sad, sad individual if you think a crystal clear warning is somehow not applicable.

You are the one twisting, lying, fabricating and just plain making stuff up.

Like your claim that there were 70 Apostles was pure nonsense.

Talk to someone else, I don't deal with dishonest people.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Heh
A plot was hatched to kill Paul...

Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You are a liar and a fraud creating multiple accounts to talk to yourself and give yourself stars...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Misconceptions...opinions based on them...
That's all you got...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Any true follower of Jesus would do that, if they thought he was a fraud or not. No follower of Jesus would let the man be killed, deceiver or not. That's not Christ's way.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

yes it is true he is also Willingly/Dayslast/Gnosisisfatih and about 6 other names. He thinks none of us know that.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Only someone like you would think I was talking about the four gospel books.

Try the Gospel of the kingdom

the Gospel of the grace of God

the everlasting Gospel

And if you want to find them you can find good news throughout the Bible.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Texta reply to: texastig So says Paul who's experiences are his and his alone. Anyone can claim Jesus came to them, doesn't make it true. I swear the one thing I hate most about bible thumpers is their incessant belief that a person stating something in the bible makes it true even if the only confirmation is the person themselves making the claim.

You could be right. And then you could be wrong. Some of what are Paul's experiences are witnessed by others also but you seem not to take those experiences into account.

Example
Paul appears 163 times in the KJV NT.
Luke writes of Paul 129 times.
Timothy and Paul wrote 2nd Corinthians and Paul is mentioned 2 times.
Timothy wrote 2nd Timothy and Paul is mentioned 2 times.
Peter wrote 2nd Peter and Paul is mentioned 1 time

Paul is mentioned 134 times by other Apostles in the 163 times that he is verified in the NT. So when you stated that Quote "So says Paul who's experiences are his and his alone." Unquote is not true at all. Now if you are not truthful in this account then who are we to believe? A bible thumper or a liar?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I am truthful, none of those others were in Paul's head to confirm he did in fact talk to Jesus. Whether they knew him or believed him is irrelevant to whether or not Paul truly did or did not talk to Jesus. I never said none of the apostles ever met Paul, commented on him, or recognized his existence. I also never said none of them believed him. If he couldn't convince any of the apostles, obviously he would have failed horribly in corrupting the doctrine as he lived along side them.

Remember the apostles, for all the time they spent with Jesus were ultimately human. Jesus warned them to beware false prophets, but that doesn't mean they weren't duped all the same. It's hard for followers who lose their leader, many desperately want to feel the same way again. The apostles have free will, they have no special gift to protect them from deception, or Jesus would never need to warn them of such risks.

Is something that seems to be lost a lot, once Jesus leaves the scene in a visible way all we're left with is belief. Paul came into the picture when Jesus was no longer visibly actively involved, as such at the point Paul shows up, all there is left, is belief.

Everything after Jesus leaves the scene visibly is apostles on their own trying to decide where to go from there. Then comes Paul with his claims, and for whatever reason they choose, the very human apostles, well some of them believe in Paul's vision.

Basically all of them can speak OF Paul but none of them can speak for Paul and his personal experiences. They can either trust the truth of his words or they cannot. When I say, so says Paul and Paul alone, that's what I mean. His experiences with Jesus if they happened only exist as experiences he claimed happened. Anyone else who believe him is doing so by faith and faith alone.

Personally his big vision experience sounds more like a seizure to me, especially with the symptoms, complete with much of his erratic change in behavior.
edit on 2/27/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The Apostles had knowledge instilled in them by Jesus himself...
The Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit..
capable of speaking in tongues and could work miracles yet you would have us believe they could not decearn the truth of a false prophet in thier midst?
That's absurd...they knew Jesus and Paul and they believed Paul...

edit on 27-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ok, we're done. I'm done arguing with you. I'm going to go pet my Griffon, we're clearly dealing with full blown mythology now.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Matthew 24:24 For false messiah'sand false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note, I have told you before hand.

Now he was teaching his disciples he wasn't speaking about 2000 years later. If anyone thinks different they are wrong. It is an absolute fact that Jesus was giving them a legitimate warning about events to unfold in their own time. Jesus also warns about wolves or a wolf in sheep's clothing. It's no coincidence the wolf is the symbol for the tribe of Benjamin, Paul's tribe.
Luke 12:1 "Beware the yeast of the Pharisees, that is their hypocrisy."

Jesus, on Pharisees. They are hypocritical, and Paul was a Pharisee even in front of Caesar under oath, where he would also not say he was an apostle. He has no problem saying when it when he isn't under oath in front of Caesar.

Galatians 1:11 Paul beefs with Peter, the rock of the Church. This man has no respect, who argues with Peter? Not another apostle, that's for sure.

Ephesians 2:15He has abolished the law with its commandments...

Jesus did not abolish the law or commandments
Mark 10:17 he tells a man to keep them AND we all know he said he came to fulfill the law and teaches the ten commandments are within the 2 greatest laws or commandments, Love the Father and your neighbors.
Blatant hypocrisy on Pauls behalf.

I don't need to hear anymore I am only going to listen to Jesus words only from now on. He was a good guy.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Othello420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Personally his big vision experience sounds more like a seizure to me, especially with the symptoms, complete with much of his erratic change in behavior.

If you apply that reasoning to Paul then you must also apply that same reasoning to all who have ever had an experience in like manner.
Example - Peter was arrested and thrown into prison with four guards as a watch. An angel broke his chains and led him past the watch with no one as a witness. Peter outlived Jesus and was the third officer in charge of the new Jerusalem Synagogue under the Nasi James brother of Jesus.

Was Peter also confused and or untruthful? Was Peter a false prophet who wanted nothing except to gain power in the first Synagogue of the dead Jesus? After all Peter had more to gain at that time then did Saul/Paul. Saul /Paul became converted some five years after the first Synagogue was in operation so he could not have been connected with any sort of mischief in the formation of the Nazarene movement other than the usual persecution of Jesus followers. One would think that the foremost action against this sect of Nazarene's would be more effective then latter accusation that you present.

It makes no sense that Saul/Paul would go to the extreme of being disbarred from the Sanhedrin as the most favored of the Nasi Gamaliel with the favored chance of becoming the national Judaic Nasi in his near future. It makes no sense at all that he would throw all of his reputation and great authority asunder to become a vagabond of sorts with the despised Nazarene's. There would be no gain in that whatsoever and as is shown in the NT there was no gain accomplished to be imprisoned by Rome as a citizen of Rome. To lose ones head (perhaps) for no gain of this world would be the height of stupidness would it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join