It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saul of Tarsus: False prophet

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I find it humorous that there are so-called Christians that accept Christ but reject the bible.
No better than believing in Christ and also accepting that we evolved from a one celled entity.

Of coarse people can believe whatever they want, it's their perception that they are in control of, but it's not the true reality. You might as well believe Star Wars is real, in a galaxy far far away.

I bet you know little about the bible, if you actually read it instead of kissing Paul's ars you'd notice how big of a fraud him and his splinter faction are to REAL followers of Jesus. It's not Christianity, it's just called "the Way."

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

Paul was an Apostle. By saying that Paul was not an Apostle you are agreeing with Muslims. Are you a Muslim?
Even the early Church Fathers knew that Paul was an Apostle.
Have you heard of Ignatius of Antioch? He quoted from Paul's epistles.
Have you heard of Clement of Rome? He said that Paul was an Apostle.
And to exclude Luke and Paul is to excuse the earliest sources we have on them and it's irresponsible.
No serious researcher or historian would do that.
Yes, you are an amateur. You need to go back to Vacation Bible School

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You've just made yourself look like a fool. You stated, "People who reject Paul are true followers of Jesus." Peter, James and John didn't reject Paul, they gave him the right hand of fellowship. The early Church Fathers didn't reject Paul. Jesus didn't reject Paul but showed up to him.
I don't know how to explain it to you any easier.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

All scholars believe that his vision was real because they believe that Paul is real person and that he wrote 1 Corinthians and Galatians. They do not know for sure who wrote the other epistles.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It means authentic

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: texastig

All scholars believe that his vision was real because they believe that Paul is real person and that he wrote 1 Corinthians and Galatians.

That's just blatant intellectual dishonesty.

Problems with Apostle Paul

It means authentic

Authentic mythology!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Nobody asked you to make it easy, it's not easy to believe a lying scum like Paul.

Your the one who can't see it, not me. You need to be enlightened.

Paul is a fraud.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: texastig

You've just made yourself look like a fool. You stated, "People who reject Paul are true followers of Jesus." Peter, James and John didn't reject Paul, they gave him the right hand of fellowship. The early Church Fathers didn't reject Paul. Jesus didn't reject Paul but showed up to him.
I don't know how to explain it to you any easier.

I quote Paul "All of Asia has rejected me."

The Apostles lived in Asia. Israel and the mid east are in Asia minor.

Who's foolish?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You really should read something before you make yourself try and look smart by saying I look foolish, I assure you, I am no fool.

Go back through the thread and see how many people I've refuted on this matter SCRIPTURALLY.

Everyone who has tried has given up, I proved them all wrong so now it's your turn.

Read the letters to Timothy, the events in Acts, there was a crystal clear rivalry between Paul and the 12 Apostles.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Pauline "Christians" lie alot, they make excuses and whenever they get bested they turn to insults.

Par for the course in the life of truth.

They love their false prophet.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This is not the first time that we have butted heads with each other. It is not intellectually dishonest to state that all scholars believe Paul was real. He meets the historical requirements as a real person. Paul wrote 1 Corinthians and Galatians and all scholars agree on that and that makes it real, we have proof. We have the early Church Fathers quoting him. We have our proof that Paul was real and wrote those two letters and in those two letters he talks about Jesus rising from the dead.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Again, you stated, "People who reject Paul are true followers of Jesus." Peter, James and John didn't reject Paul, they gave him the right hand of fellowship. The early Church Fathers didn't reject Paul. Jesus didn't reject Paul but showed up to him.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Paul being a real person who wrote things is irrelevant to whether he was a true apostle of Christ.

Actually I hate calling him Paul in the first place, he's Saul, he never stopped being who he was, just changed tactics and in doing so he won and corrupted Christs teachings. He persecuted the believers of Jesus after finding that didn't work, converted with spectacular lies and corrupted and destroyed everything Jesus stood for from within.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

"All of Asia has rejected me."
That doesn't mean "everyone" rejected him. Jews rejected him and unbelievers rejected him. Plus the Asia that he talks about is the Roman Asia aka Turkey.
Your taking the Bible out of context.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It is not intellectually dishonest to state that all scholars believe Paul was real.

I don't think that anyone here is arguing that Paul wasn't a real person, but, that his vision was real.

You can't, with any honesty, say that ALL SCHOLARS believe Paul's story. Geez, even Paul himself had to keep telling his audience, "I"m not lying!" SO, even people of the day didn't believe his story.

edit on 26-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Paul being a real person who wrote things is irrelevant to whether he was a true apostle of Christ.

So I guess Paul writing about getting beat up and almost dying was fake? He seen Jesus and he met the other Apostles. Early Church Fathers knew of him and quoted him.

Actually I hate calling him Paul in the first place, he's Saul, he never stopped being who he was, just changed tactics and in doing so he won and corrupted Christs teachings. He persecuted the believers of Jesus after finding that didn't work, converted with spectacular lies and corrupted and destroyed everything Jesus stood for from within.

You have no proof for this. He sure didn't die for lies. And by you stating "destroyed everything Jesus stood for" tells me that you have no idea what your talking about. Paul gave his life for the gospel.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

REV is for the Israel

I am a Gentile. Was and or is any of that written to a Gentile?

You would do good to remember Revelation was not written while Jesus was on earth and when Paul did his ministry. S that quote is wrong and will not suffice except to bring false claims against Paul by people like you today.

Seeing you do not believe in a trinity, you have made that abundantly clear. And now you want to show by invoking the Trinity to prove JESUS commanded his apostles not to eat meat offered to gentiles.

Even after the Jerusalem council sent forth the decrees to be followed it was obvious many did not or Paul would not have to address it later in letters to the church at Corinth.

How did the apostles enforce their four rules? they couldn't.

Wrongly joining scriptures and failure to rightly divide the word of truth leads you and others into errors and the spreading of false claims against Paul.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Saul/Paul's vision was real. He changed 180 degrees. Those who were with him heard the voice from Heaven. And I will reiterate again that all scholars and even liberal scholars believe that Paul wrote at least Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Philemon, Galatians, Philippians and 1 Thessalonians.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

But you failed to even find one scripture in the four Gospel that showed Jesus during his earthly ministry teach his apostles or followers not to eat meat offered to idols. That is clearly a lack of evidence he ever taught it.

Again you don't believe in a trinity you have made that clear and to invoke it to try ad prove your opinion true is disingenuous.

edit on 26-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

When you live a life like Paul's making enemy after enemy, someone's going to beat you up, and there's a blade with your name on it somewhere.

Him getting beat up while pushing buttons, and being killed by any of the many enemies he made in the process of pushing the buttons he pushes means nothing at all. People who are not divine die doing stupid crusades like this all the time.

Saul REALLY hated Christ and his followers, I'm mean he lived a life dedicated to hurting them, he loathed them, it's no surprise he was willing to die to put the final nail in his corruption of all he despised.

I do not believe for one moment Paul ever truly existed, he was Saul a wolf in P shaped sheepskin.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join