It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Enlightenment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i really didnt want this thread to become personal attacks at each other by the members. dont know why u couldnt just contribute to the op but whatever.
edit on 22-2-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I imagine enlightenment can come in all forms depending upon the philosophies and cultures you have been brought up in. Some may call it the grace of God others may call it awakening or satori.

I would say. It's a realisation that you are a part of the universe and not apart from the universe. The realisation you are not a separate entity in this universe, but just as much a part of the universe as other galaxies as clouds as trees, but we have been given a false sense of separateness, where we feel like a skin encapsulated ego in a world of other skin encapsulated egos, when the reality is we are all one manifestation of the universe.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
i really didnt want this thread to become personal attacks at each other by the members. dont know why u couldnt just contribute to the op but whatever.

Sorry, I got distracted by a hater.

Fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom.

Realizing that he doesn't have a reason to harm you is enlightening.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
All that we can gain we can lose also.
All that come must go.
All that is born must die.

So, what is the trick?

By these three statements, in my opinion we are already all that we could be ... well if they are true? We already are alpha and omega, but we do not realize that, our Ego and emotions are in the way of this. To get realization we must gain Self knowledge with reading correct materials and then more importantly - with meditation. Understand what it is and than integrate it into our lifestyle until the final and complete Self-realization.

What does this mean? For me it means something like that....
We study and try to learn and absorb as much of relevant information about the Self from all religions and philosophies.
We should gain intellectual understanding of what is our goal - many past masters have described final state, what it is and how to achive it.
We should also do a lot of meditation and contemplation and try to fully understand what they say it is all about.

After some time we realize what is false in what is true concerning ourSelves. At this point we probably realize what are we doing wrong with our life and how to steer it in the right direction. This is the first real tough part. We need to walk the talk.

Than slowly we change our main starting directive - instead of gaining Self realization, we slowly come to realize there is nothing to gain. If it can be gained, it can be dropped or lost also ... so we can only "lose or drop" what is false within us and the truth will remain.

Which is the last step. After gaining, after losing, what is the third step?
After we filter out all that is false, we can see what it means in reality and how we can BE the Self.
In this step there is no searching and no losing or dropping, but learning just to BE and stay as ONE.

In all three steps we should study, meditate and contemplate about true nature of reality and develop our imagination until we can dissolve it forever and stay there. During the journey sooner or later we reach experiences of Self and its learning lessons unique to us and our soul.

So for the really interested readers I would say:
never give up on yourSelf as this is the only difference between a saint and us.

And just for bonus a video of the Mahamudra (very old and pure lineage in buddhism) stages of meditation, maybe it can help make some sense:

Well this is my opinion about "it" in a nutshell for now and if anyone disagrees, that is fine! We are all just learning from each other, so please don't hold back if you want to say anything...but please just play and be nice with each other : )
edit on 1456135885211February112112916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Blocked what do you mean?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: childofapoet

I'm sure you will find out sometime soon...

I can see when your accounts log in and out...

I have an iq of 168 and recognize patterns very fast...
edit on 22-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

edit on 22-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
From reading ancient scripture of the Nag Hammadi Codices, I've learned that you have a soul and a spirit to go with the body making us triune in nature like God.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I'm just looking for answers my friend. That's all. But if you would be so kind as to elaborate quickly on what you're saying to me, and implying. We can get back on with the topic of the thread.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

I'm sure you will find out sometime soon...

I can see when your accounts log in and out...

I have an iq of 168 and recognize patterns very fast...

Wow. I always find braggadoccio enlightening, thanks for that.
edit on 22-2-2016 by Barzini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: childofapoet

I'm just looking for answers my friend. That's all. But if you would be so kind as to elaborate quickly on what you're saying to me, and implying. We can get back on with the topic of the thread.

Thank You.

Miss Oracle seems to think we are the same person and is lying about something, not quite sure what.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

I learned that the soul is in the head. Not the heart. In a cave. Hiding. A pine cone.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

So much paranoia. I'm just looking to rack up some points, to get up and running.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Now, if everyone could please replace God with Universal Conciousness and Satan with the mass of thought forms created which are negative and galvanised together, we could probably get somewhere.

I like to think of the evil we witness isn't really separate from us at all, it us. Our careless thoughts, those throwaway thoughts we are told its okay to have..... Ever wondered where they come from, random and seemingly out of the blue? Thought and conciousness is energy and whilst you may silence those thoughts, they don't disappear. Good attracts good as does Bad to bad.

All the love, all the spirit this is our source = God.
All The evil, the senselessness, this is our weak and fearful minds, this is because we have weakened our spirit= Devil.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: auraofblack
Now, if everyone could please replace God with Universal Conciousness and Satan with the mass of thought forms created which are negative and galvanised together, we could probably get somewhere.

I like to think of the evil we witness isn't really separate from us at all, it us. Our careless thoughts, those throwaway thoughts we are told its okay to have..... Ever wondered where they come from, random and seemingly out of the blue? Thought and conciousness is energy and whilst you may silence those thoughts, they don't disappear. Good attracts good as does Bad to bad.

All the love, all the spirit this is our source = God.
All The evil, the senselessness, this is our weak and fearful minds, this is because we have weakened our spirit= Devil.

ive always reffered to satan as the darkness within our minds.

But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The pineal gland.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I always think Santa is Satan. Its the same name. There both in red. And are creepy. One even creeps down the chimney. And eats all the pies.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

That's it. I couldn't find it. Chuckles like a Buddha.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I learned that the soul is in the head. Not the heart. In a cave. Hiding. A pine cone.

The body consists of a body soul and spirit, this is what the bible says,
soul means psyche and is of the mind.
The body is of dust.
and the spirit is of God.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Also another fun fact about the Judaeo Christian Texts

if you consider jesus to be the WORD of God.
And you also consider the bible to be the WORD of God.
And Jesus is the word become flesh and dwelt among us.

Jesus is the bible predestined. he is the word become flesh, the bible made manifest.
Interestingly if you replace the word, "word." with Void;
it means that jesus is the void become flesh, and so is the bible.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

The body consists of a body soul and spirit, this is what the bible says,
soul means psyche and is of the mind.
The body is of dust.
and the spirit is of God.

Really?? I just said that, but it's not in the bible it's in the NHC.

Seriously, like two messages ago you could have at least quoted me.

No big deal, just bustin chops. I'm actually happy about it. I have not seen that in the bible, if it is in there tell me where please.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join