It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does anyone think ONE PERSON (Donald Trump) can "Make America Great Again"?...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Balance international trade deficits, motivate a return of businesses and manufacturing to the USA, deport illegal aliens and strictly enforce immigration laws. Reduce the size of government, ease restrictions, regulations and taxes on businesses. Reduce dependency on government, get people back into the workforce, boost growth in the middle class. Strengthen the military while also reducing global peacetime deployment. Simplify the tax code.significantly.. A few things that could be a good start... How? Oops, above my pay grade.

One good leader can do all of this and more.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: unicornholiday

Well said.. I definitely agree that he himself has A LOT of power, I'm just not sure he's up there on the level of the Bilderberg group or the Rockafellers, Rothschilds etc.. He'll need all of us if he's going to try to take on all the people they have in their grasp. I think there'd have to be a revolution against a handful of cooperations and families to be honest. And him being as high up as he was, probably knows exactly who to go after.... This is all assuming he's not just another puppet, trained to act better than the last.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan They are all airbags, except Trump can back up his accomplishments, the others don't really have any except for Carson in a medical fashion.

No he can't.

Trump has failed and failed and failed, each time shielding himself from the fallout from said failures. He has leveraged credit and stepped on the shoulders of others to create an illusion of success.

If I look at how Trump has operated his business, and try to apply that to running a country, it scares the everloving hell out of me. There is absolutely nothing in his experience, or his laurels, that would suggest him adequate as governor of a state, much less POTUS.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I certainly hope so.. I really do. I just don't think he'll be able to do all that by himself in only 8 years. Everybody says Obama destroyed it in 8 so why can't it be rebuilt in 8? But the truth is the country has been spiraling downward for years. I'm not sure that without a demonstration of the true power of the people that he can pull it off.. Hope I'm wrong though

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Why does anyone think ONE PERSON (Donald Trump) can "Make America Great Again"?.
Why does anyone think ONE PERSON (Bernie Sanders) can "Make America Great Again"?.

People forget the 'fundamental transformation' of America ?

People voted for hope, and change.

They said YES WE CAN.

For better or worse once elected presidents do get snip done.

Most of the time not for the benefit of the people.

I think this country has lost ALL common sense when the options are Trump,Sanders,Clinton.

America wants idiots.

They get idiots.
edit on 22-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
IMO, decentralization and local production are the only way to fix America. The further away from the local conditions a leader is, the less sensitive they are to the needs and demands of each region. In addition to this, those without ethics seeking control over others find easier targets in a more centralized system.

This means engaging in community and consuming fewer goods that require large infrastructures is the most productive and sensible way to regain your personal power.

We can take steps in this direction through the politicians we elect but the science of natural systems has made its case abundantly clear: local management is more productive, resilient and wieldy. Comparing our political systems, food and goods production and delegation of duty to the time-vetted structures of nature is the most objective and on-topic lens I can imagine through which to organize our lives.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: EequalsMC2

He would not be just one person.
Effective leaders surround themselves with the best they can find, and then delegate their agenda.

And agenda that still needs the support of hundreds in Washington, and the support of the general public, regardless of what he imagines he's going to do.

People fall for this bombastic political bs all the time. Every politician campaigns as if they can get into power and within a week implement all the things they claimed they would do.

The REALITY is that 90% of what Trump "claims" he's going to do would not be within International law, would be condemned by Amnesty International, the UN, other nations around the world, would need congress to approve, would probably go against your Constitution and the laws of your country, and would face massive internal protest from the public too.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: unicornholiday
a reply to: EequalsMC2

Well you have to understand that a lot of people take "Make America great again" as "Make it safe for white people again".
A lot of people are voting for Trump because his xenophobia and racist mannerisms closely resemble how they feel and think. Even if he himself does not believe the things he says. The thing about fear and hatred - you can use it to use people.
His ability to say the most shocking outlandish things without any negative reaction from his core fan base is also troubling.

Racist mannerisms?

Anyway.....the first time I ever heard the word and understood its meaning...."xenophobic" it made me cringe. Look at it now days......a person cant even want enforcement of boarders and laws without being called that. Very political word now days and has really lost any usefulness because its not a word used with balance but has become a rhetorical word of prejudice in itself. Calling a white person "xenophobic" off the cuff is the same as saying "those stupid nig**s". Its become a racial slur aimed at whites as demonstrated above.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Great debating skills

Not one word referring to the subject of the thread - Trump.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yup that's right - racist mannerisms.
He's not called xenophobic arbitrarily.
To say Trump has been called that off the cuff is ignoring his past indiscretions.
Do you feel white people are under attack in the United States?
Are they taking yer yobs?
Wanting enforcement of borders is one thing but the manner in which
Trump wants to make it happen is another.
I'll also take into consideration that you may be one of those that would still vote for
trump if he shot someone in front of you.
I'll tell you this much Archie - if you act racist and prejudice, don't be shocked when you're called one.
It's become the flag of supremacist to believe that they're the ones being targeted because they can no longer
target minorities including immigrants wanting the same as them without now facing consequences for their actions.
In no way do I lay the above claim at your feet but let's not fools ourselves and pretend
"Let's make america great again" is not viewed as something entirely much different by a subsection of people
that you can easily find by droves in another websites comment section.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Not even going to entertain here unless you define what "racist mannerisms" are. Would you kindly explain how your use then is not arbitrary?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Not even going to entertain here unless you define what "racist mannerisms" are. Would you kindly explain how your use then is not arbitrary?

I'm not even going to entertain you anymore. Go vent on glp. Have a great day.
edit on 22-2-2016 by unicornholiday because: Being called a hack shill : Priceless. Being called that by someone willfully ignorant : Perfect

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Cant explain your premise?
edit on 22-2-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is how I see it: look how much damage one person was able to do in just seven years.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ease off bud i'm having a glass of Trump supporter tears. Aged to perfection.
I explained my stance from the very first comment on this thread.
If you read about as well as you write than obviously I see where the problem is.
I don't even think you know what you're asking me.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Words have the meaning we attach to them. When I say xenophobic, I do not mean patriotic. After all patriots are not only proud of their nation, but wish to represent it in a positive light to those of other nations too. Patriots from America for example, would not turn away a needy person, because they are aware that doing so would be against the spirit of a great nation like America, and the words at the base of the Statue of Liberty.

Me personally, as a white guy, I do not use the term xenophobic to describe white people. I use it to describe those who hate others, based on perceived cultural, genetic, or geographical differences. That's it. Whether it's hatred of darker skinned persons, persons from certain regions, persons of other faiths and so on.

Furthermore, I call people xenophobic, no matter how well they hide their feelings behind certain words, trying to legitimise their position. Trump is just such a man.

Just to be clear Logarock, you do not fall into the category at all, and I would never suggest such a thing. We might not always be on the same side of a debate, but you have a good heart, and xenophobes do not. Period.
edit on 22-2-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I use it to describe those who hate others

Is that anything like Trump Critics themselves HATING on Trump himself.

Or is that anything like Trump Critics with their absolute HATRED for them evil rich people.

Or is that anything like Trump Critics with their absolute hatred of gun owners.

Or is that anything like Trump Critics with their absolute HATRED of conservatives in general?

I absolutely LOVE it. When the richophobes,bankerphobes,corporationphobes, gunphobes, and the CLIMATE phobes go around calling 'right wingers' xenophobic.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I did not call right wingers xenophobic.

I said that Trump was. There is a difference. One would have been a generalisation, which I am not a fan of, and the other would be a statement about an individual.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlickMcFavorite

I agree. Well put.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
This is how I see it: look how much damage one person was able to do in just seven years.

How long did Bush have to take you into 2 illegal wars, to sink your economy, to pay off his corporate buddies, to bring in the Patriot Act...?

Funny how people whine about all the "damage" Obama has supposedly done, while ignoring the disaster of his predecessor.

Just as a reminder:
The American people are better off now than they were when Obama took office (and yes, this is a fact, regardless of what Trump, Faux News and all the right-wing nutters preach, the statistics and data speak for themselves - unless you're a biased fool)
He ended DADT.
He passed the Affordable Care Act.
He passed same sex marriage.
He stabilized a disastrous economy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join