It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangladesh Hindu priest beheaded 'by Islamic State'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is added to the recent murders of prominent bloggers and adds more fuels to the fires.. I had not realised DAESH were playing in Bangladesh I presume it will be some More crazy Jihadists claiming the name..
The so-called Islamic State group has said it was behind the beheading of a senior Hindu priest and wounding two worshippers in northern Bangladesh.

In a statement IS said that "caliphate soldiers" carried out the assaults using "light weapons".

The IS-linked Amaq "news agency" also reported the claim.

Jogeswar Roy, 45, was attacked by two assailants armed with pistols and cleavers at his home in the temple on Sunday, police say.

While the Bangladeshi government insists that IS is not active in the country, the jihadists in November said they carried out an attack on a Shia mosque in the north-western town of Bogra in which at least one person was killed.
The militant group also claimed an October grenade attack on a Shia shrine Dhaka, which killed one and injured 80 - although their claim was dismissed by the government.

IS has in addition said it was behind the murders of an Italian aid worker in September and a Japanese citizen in October.

Source.. www.bbc.co.uk...

Blogger Murders..news.vice.com...

edit on 21 2 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added Link

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Obvious case of westerners fear and hatred of Islam
making people feel oppressed and beheady.
How dare you even bring this to our attention?
Haven't you heard, it's a religion of peace.

(Dear God please Japan have the balls to do something,
apparently the west has been neutered)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Disgusting people. Wipe them off the face of the earth if you ask me. Im talking about Daesh only, not muslims, obviously.

And we need to stop calling them Islamic State..

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelegateZero88

Yeah...i hope you blame Christianity for any murders done by Christians. You don't want to be a hypocrite....right

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Japan? I would've understood Russia....but Japan?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Yep, totally do when they murder in the name
of christianity, and do so to form to a theocracy
or Christian state. Oh wait? Bible bashers aren't
internationally waging a war against all non-believers?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Yes Japan, they're militarising in opposition to China
and are trying to get the legislation to deploy troops
internationally against terrorism. Go Japan.
edit on 21-2-2016 by DelegateZero88 because: bad spelling

edit on 21-2-2016 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I see...so because an exceedingly small portion of the 1.5 BILLION muslims murder in the name of their religion that's enough to tarnish it all.

You can use any excuse you want to try to justify your dislike of Muslims. ..but i ain't buying it.

I know saying anything pro Muslim is going against the grain on ATS..so ill quit this now.
edit on 21-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

a reply to: mikeone718

Yes Japan, they're militarising in opposition to China
and are trying to get the legisation to deploy troops
internationally against terrorism. Go Japan.

Don't hold your breath.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

dislike of muslims? Lol! I just got invited to my Iranian friends
baby shower with a dutch christian woman, yeah, i'm so filled with
hate. I think you're filled with denial, if ten percent of that 1.5billion
want to go on the war path that equates to how many million?
And percentage wise, how many support the acts without acting
themselves, the support base for these movements. I've read enough
of the Quran to realise these people are acting totally within
their doctrines. But bury your head in the sand, might keep it from
being lobbed off? Interesting survival trait.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Islamic terrorism is the very epitome of intolerance, racism, bigotry and relentless hatred resultant from indoctrination and in particular the philosophy of Wahhabism, and the fact that they (ISIS and their supporters) claim to be acting on behalf of pure Islam only further stands to marginalize Muslims from the rest of the world when it is left to individuals the world over to make the distinction between moderates and radicals.

Islamic extremism and all other forms of extremism where the net result is the harming of another human life, should be clearly banned and outlawed by every country and every government and every freedom loving citizen living on this rock and an aggressive GLOBAL campaign in every country where it exists, undertaken to exterminate this filthy vermin from the face of the Earth - and done so with extreme prejudice because these cowards understand not the rule of law but only the sword, so I say that it is delivered unto them where ever they are hiding, without hesitation.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

When was the last theocratic Christian State?? The middle ages? Dark ages? Get a grip on reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

I see...so because an exceedingly small portion of the 1.5 BILLION muslims murder in the name of their religion that's enough to tarnish it all.

You can use any excuse you want to try to justify your dislike of Muslims. ..but i ain't buying it.

I know saying anything pro Muslim is going against the grain on ATS..so ill quit this now.

its fair to criticise a group of people that do horrible things, its also fair to criticise the philosophy they use to justify themselves. its not about race, its about bad people with bad ideas.

this regressive stance of shaming those that have valid criticism of religion and their followers is toxic. to say all muslims are terrorists is stupid, to say islam as a philosophy has some serious flaws is valid, just like Judaism and Christianity.

ill go a bit further now that im here. by regressive i mean, shaming any criticism of said religion does not progress islam secularly. muslims should be the first to speak out and point out the way the Quran justifies the killing of infidels. instead what do we see? dont criticise islam because you're racist and that isnt the real islam. well what book is ISIS using? our best hope for islam is it reforms itself the way christianity did, the way judaism did, these two religions dont really preach the killing of homosexuals or infidels anymore.
edit on 21-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well, it doesn't go against my grain, and ANYBODY who's a functional member of civilization knows there are good guys and bad guys in EVERY society, group, club etc. and it's up to us to discern the difference. However... i still can't believe I've developed such a HATRED for those who are "radicalized" as I do. Never in my life have I felt this kind of deep, dark and unrelenting hatred for anything or ANYBODY (well, maybe spiders), EVER! I'm disgusted with myself for those feelings. But, in all honesty, I can find absolutely nothing redeeming about them, their "religion", anything! And yes, I am speaking ONLY of the radicals. I know it shouldn't, but I'm still bowled over at the very idea of our government being so adamant about forcing them on us. WHAT is their end goal? I can't help but feel it isn't out of the benevolence of their twisted little hearts...I feel it's only going to take one or two incidents like those occurring in Europe and Americans will put action behind their protests of " We don't want them here!". And EVERYONE, good and bad will suffer.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DelegateZero88

about 15 million give a take a few thousand and growing.

and if they succeed in establishing an Islamic State that is recognizable by the UN then all Muslims will join in and want that IS where ever they are.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

dislike of muslims? Lol! I just got invited to my Iranian friends
baby shower with a dutch christian woman, yeah, i'm so filled with
hate. I think you're filled with denial, if ten percent of that 1.5billion
want to go on the war path that equates to how many million?
And percentage wise, how many support the acts without acting
themselves, the support base for these movements. I've read enough
of the Quran to realise these people are acting totally within
their doctrines...

Call me Switzerland, I only want you to cite said doctrine, Surah and verse please. I am not a Muslim but I study many faiths and so far the Koran is one million times less violent than the Bible ( I am about 2/3 finished) which is the foundation of Christianity.

Just a theory but maybe evil people of all kinds use religion to further evil agendas. These people can unfairly taint people's view of something great that is being misused by people who are influential.

How much violence will it take before we stop seeing war as a religious problem and start property placing the blame on the individuals responsible without demonizing a billion and a half people.

It's the apex of ignorance I.m.o. to associate the acts of individuals and groups with a culture as a whole when all we have to go on is the internet and the news reports that may or may not be bias.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barzini
Call me Switzerland, I only want you to cite said doctrine, Surah and verse please. I am not a Muslim but I study many faiths and so far the Koran is one million times less violent than the Bible ( I am about 2/3 finished) which is the foundation of Christianity.

Just thought I'd do a little Googling for you, don't hate me for these:

Quran 3:32 – “Obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad); but if they turn away, then indeed, Allah does not love the disbelievers.”

Quran 48:29 – “Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful amongst themselves.”

Quran 4:24 – “And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hand possess.”

Quran 9:5 – “And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.”

Quran 9:29 – “Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture – [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.”

Quran 9:73 – “O Prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.”

Quran 9:111 – “Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed.”

I'm not even going to claim these are worse than a few choice bible quotes in my opinion, and I'm sure many will throw the interpretation speech at me, but I don't really care about Islam or Christianity, only what Daesh is doing.

Also, you said:

Just a theory but maybe evil people of all kinds use religion to further evil agendas. These people can unfairly taint people's view of something great that is being misused by people who are influential.

Couldn't agree more.
edit on 22/2/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

And? Should I post scripture of God telling the Israelites to slaughter every breathing thing in Canaan and say that is Jewish doctrine?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barzini

And? Should I post scripture of God telling the Israelites to slaughter every breathing thing in Canaan and say that is Jewish doctrine?

Do whatever you want man, I don't know you or care, a poster asked a question I tried to answer - that's all,

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

And thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join