It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Black Panther PBS Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Watch the story about the Original Black Panthers

Many sides have different perspectives on this controversial movement called the Black Panthers.

Here's a great PBS documentary on the Black Panthers

Shocking and exhilarating and free documentary

www.pbs.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Interesting. As I understand it, the Panthers were trying to control their community, but they tried to gain too much control and got wiped out. They apparently did a lot of good for the people, but their ambitions put them at odds with the wrong people. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Watching the video now. Good stuff. Very compelling....

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is an important bit of history. Everyone should watch this. It could very easily happen again.....

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It’s clear from this documentary that the BP lacked mature, intelligent leadership, though, were passionate for justice.

I think its interesting that the BP leader, Fred Hampton was making progress, particularly in uniting the black militants with the white militia types was murdered by the Chicago police with direct input from the FBI.
His family members received a few million dollars from the murder when they sued.

In 1982, the City of Chicago, Cook County, and the federal government agreed to a settlement in which each would pay $616,333 to a group of nine plaintiffs, including the mothers of Hampton and Clark.[42] The $1.85 million settlement was believed to be the largest ever in a civil rights case

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Damn I can't get in Japan : We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions.

But yeah I know their story and the wrong people was non other than J Edger Hoover, responding to Lostbook , what I found hilarious was the same NRA that is soo pro guns lobbied for stricter gun control legislation in California under president Reagan

In May 1967, two dozen Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill, prompting then-Gov. Ronald Reagan to comment, “There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”
www.salon.com...

The comparison to the Klan by some members of this community is misinformed they were never an anti-white group however they were Marxist.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Damn I can't get in Japan : We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions.

But yeah I know their story and the wrong people was non other than J Edger Hoover, responding to Lostbook , what I found hilarious was the same NRA that is soo pro guns lobbied for stricter gun control legislation in California under president Reagan

In May 1967, two dozen Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill, prompting then-Gov. Ronald Reagan to comment, “There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”
www.salon.com...

The comparison to the Klan by some members of this community is misinformed they were never an anti-white group however they were Marxist.

I tell you if somebody just wants the put the 2nd amendment people 30 years back, just start arming Black Panthers again.

The BP were very anti racist and weren’t onto hating white people. They had a lot of white allies amongst the left

I tell you something else. They’d of NEVER got Huey Newton. That was one tough brother.
He did himself in.

Sorry you can't get it.

Great doc. It starts off a little slow but picks up

edit on 21-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
sorry, I had to fight in the middle of your black panthar party

Great article Will! Thanks for sharing! !

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
It’s clear from this documentary that the BP lacked mature, intelligent leadership, though, were passionate for justice.

I think its interesting that the BP leader, Fred Hampton was making progress, particularly in uniting the black militants with the white militia types was murdered by the Chicago police with direct input from the FBI.
His family members received a few million dollars from the murder when they sued.

In 1982, the City of Chicago, Cook County, and the federal government agreed to a settlement in which each would pay $616,333 to a group of nine plaintiffs, including the mothers of Hampton and Clark.[42] The $1.85 million settlement was believed to be the largest ever in a civil rights case

en.wikipedia.org...

I think there were similar events happening during Shay's Rebellion where Black and White poor farmers rebelled against the money/tax machine of the government at that time (Articles of Confederation?).

Shays' Rebellion was an armed uprising in Massachusetts (mostly in and around Springfield) during 1786 and 1787. Revolutionary War veteran Daniel Shays led four thousand rebels (called Shaysites) in rising up against perceived economic injustices and suspension of civil rights by Massachusetts, and in a later attempt to capture the United States' national weapons arsenal at the U.S. Armory at Springfield. Although Shays' Rebellion met with defeat militarily against a privately raised militia, it prompted numerous national leaders (including George Washington, who came out of retirement to deal with issues raised by Shays' Rebellion) to call for a stronger national government to suppress future rebellions, resulting in the U.S. Constitutional Convention and according to historian Leonard L. Richards, "fundamentally altering the course of U.S. history."[1]

new topics

top topics

join