It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUZZFEED is Internet Cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I'm agreeing, I think bandwagonism is a vast hypocrisy.

But I'm also enlightening you to the "latest outrage" which is actually justified.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ill be honest.. the dolphin thing was really bad. and often the things people are seeming enraged with on social media is often justified. But its hard to know if people a genuine in it anymore.. or doing it because its a trend.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

There's sandwiches?

I didn't watch the videos. I am already a top class expert on all issues concerning race and sex.
I learned it all from the internet and, strangely, agree with everything that I learned.
You see, I no longer need a mind of my own. Whatever my problem, just a quick look up on google and there's always an intellectual giant with years more experience than me, with a perfect answer! On video too!
I find it embarrassing FOR them. So serious, so sincere, so commited to whatever this weeks pet cause is. Do they never watch themselves after posting?
I secretly think they're all CGI like Max Headroom or something because real people could never cope with the shame of knowing what they've done.
The best part, though, is finding out that no matter what the problem is, the answer is always the same.
I am a dick for being born white and male.
Real helpful.
Heyho.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ah OK - well that's fine.
I mean all of the latest outrages are justified, the Paris shooting and wearing French flags, the Koni child outrage thing, race or gay rights issues - they are all justified.
The point I was making is that most people who post about them on FB or Tweet about them and get all righteous etc, forget entirely about the issue within hours when the next outrage comes along.
The media and social media lines up these causes and outrages and people get all crazy and jump all over it, only to toss it away when something worse or newer comes along.

It's the throw away nature of it all.
edit on 21-2-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvyNeptune

Ill be honest.. the dolphin thing was really bad. and often the things people are seeming enraged with on social media is often justified. But its hard to know if people a genuine in it anymore.. or doing it because its a trend.

Exactly that.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

hahahahahahahahahahaha i think i just fell in love with you

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That's not the point.
They post on social media INSTEAD of being outraged. They think that they've done their bit, or contributed in someway, just because they clicked to agree with everyone else.
No need for protest marches anymore. You can do it from home.
Where it REALLY matters!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Very true - I suppose there are several reasons and issues around the faux outrage or even the genuine but short lived outrage.

Can you imagine if they had the internet during the civil rights movement or when the suffragettes were fighting for their rights or any time of huge political or social change? They'd have been screwed.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvyNeptune
actually speaking of which... for a long time in horror films BLACK PEOPLE WERE THE FIRST TO DIE... so. thats not even accurate.

They are like the Red Shirts of horror films.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
You sound like my husband...
Its so cute when he tries to be tough

I think it worked though, she agreed to go make me a sammie.

The foot is down.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That's the whole reason it was created. Give people the illusion that they have a voice to prevent them taking action.
It was designed that way.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dbl sorry
edit on 21-2-2016 by Tulpa because: Ooops

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 21-2-2016 by Tulpa because: Idiot

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Haha yea, that's some bad media. Kinda making things worst like the rest. I don't like most outlets though, I've come to like VICE news, but even that is getting big and may become homogeneous.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What's so funny is I could divide up the email link forwards from my friends and family by age. Aunts, Uncles, In-laws, Parents - Fox, Drudge, Blaze, BIN. Siblings, Cousins - BuzzFeed, Reddit, HuffPo.

We won't even mention FB. It's the devil. There's your real soul-killer.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Buzzfeed makes videos under the ideology that reverse racism and misandry do not exist in society. I guess they just like to take things to the ...extreme.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune

I'm siding on Buzzfeed for one reason, "money". They're a money making machine!

We meant to consume the media, but sadly, media's are consuming Us.
edit on 21-2-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You take me to another thought about the internet. You know the move "UP' and the famous dog that would see a squirrel? He would be having a conversation and a squirrel would pass by and he would loose whatever concentration he was having and go "SQUIRREL"?

The internet is like that now. All the pop ups and come and see this and come and see that. Site after site after site, one leading to the next and then to the next etc? All these cute little rabbit holes that lead nowhere but to another pablum filled schlock site? And all of them completely worthless, nothing more than places to put adverts.

Not to say that there is nothing for an intrepid traveler, but for most who are just schlepping around, it's like a maze of meaningless meandering.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune

I've never seen Buzzfeed, and the title screen from those videos makes me want to NOT watch them. I'm pretty sure anything on the internet presented as...

[a specific number of questions or reasons a generalized group (black women, Harvard doctors, moms of gifted children, etc) has, as they pertain to whatever the topic is]

...is entirely meant for people with Intelligence Deficit Disorder, combined with DERP (Deep Emotional Response Problems.)

It seems these videos belong in the same realm as the "One Weird Trick" ads. The ones which typically have pictures of vegetables that look like diseased genitals.
edit on 2/21/2016 by dogstar23 because: Formatting and Swypos

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Sesame street for adults.

Repeat after me......
You get the picture.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join