It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump and General Patton Connection.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'd need to see Patton's hair to be sure. LOLz! Anyways, cool OP! Synchronicity is so captivating.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I'd need to see Patton's hair to be sure. LOLz! Anyways, cool OP! Synchronicity is so captivating.

Patton was basically balding

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Well...there is at least some reason to speculate on that matter for Trump as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Famous General Patton quotes, any relation to the election cycle ?

America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

In case of doubt, attack

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.

Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

The leader must be an actor

War is simple, direct, and ruthless.

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest

Hmmm, I think Trump has used some of these tactics in politics

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Perhaps it's the fact that I haven't completely lost my friggin mind

But in no way do I understand how people can make this leap

It's like mass hysteria. But this really makes his supporters look like the lowest common denominator of voters

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Maybe though -just maybe - Trump is a Patton fanboi and is well studied/versed in his ideas and opinions and is using them to his advantage?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Maybe though -just maybe - Trump is a Patton fanboi and is well studied/versed in his ideas and opinions and is using them to his advantage?

Oh you are so right I have listened to enough of Trumps speeches to know that Trump has read and studied Patton, and he is using his stratagem in politics, it's working too, like it or not.

You don't think the German officers were losing there minds trying to out-think Patton during WW2, the German officer core was battle hardened in warfare tactics from real combat, yet they still lost, just like the neocons are losing(thier minds) now, what worked on Ron Paul can't work on Trump, he is too smart for them.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Oh you are so right I have listened to enough of Trumps speeches to know that Trump has read and studied Patton, and he is using his stratagem in politics, it's working too, like it or not.

You don't think the German officers were losing there minds trying to out-think Patton during WW2, the German officer core was battle hardened in warfare tactics from real combat, yet they still lost, just like the neocons are losing(thier minds) now, what worked on Ron Paul can't work on Trump, he is too smart for them.

Lol did you just equate trumps approach to politics as indicative of him being a student of Patton?

Is this serious?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Funny thing is I don't disagree with you, this election cycle is the biggest "troll" event I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

But understand one thing, it doesn't mean it can't move forward to it's grande finale, with Trump winning it all.
With 49% of the country thinking just like you.

Remember all Trump has to do is win the purple states in the general and he wins the whole thing.
Even if he loses California by 5 million votes it doesn't matter.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Probably, but they're pretty common knowledge. Even spending an hour reading The Art of War (which is basically a how to manual for being a politician or a general which are really the same thing) will tell you as much.

It's actually just basic strategy, not just in war and politics but it applies to anything from competing businesses to even strategy video games. Be aggressive and the best form of defense is a counter attack.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Probably, but they're pretty common knowledge. Even spending an hour reading The Art of War (which is basically a how to manual for being a politician or a general which are really the same thing) will tell you as much.

Reading and studying them are one thing, actually applying them in real time and life is whole other matter, if it was easy Bush and Rand Paul would still be in this.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I remember meeting a vet who fought in Patton's army. "Wow. You fought for old blood and guts?"
"Yes" he said, "your blood his guts."
I"m partial to General Smedley Butler. That's my general. "War is a racket." He said.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Win fast, die less

“The older I get the more I admire and crave competence, just simple competence, in any field from adultery to zoology.”

― H.L. Mencken

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Reading and studying them are one thing, actually applying them in real time and life is whole other matter, if it was easy Bush and Rand Paul would still be in this.

I'm not so sure about that. Competitions are designed to create losers. The Republican primary is no different, from an initial field of 16 candidates it is by design meant to eliminate 15 of them, most/all by super Tuesday.

In a zero sum game with a low sample size, even people who do everything right will be losers due to uncontrollable circumstances (and this same factor can make people who do things wrong successful). Basically this means that between Trump, Bush, and Paul even if all three of them execute a winning strategy perfectly, two of them will still lose.

Rand Paul for example lost because he didn't say the right things. People like to consider themselves as being far more logical than they really are and it's most evident in politics. People vote based on emotion rather than reason. Rand Paul liked to give out long detailed answers with thoughtful analysis. That analysis went over the head of most voters, voters don't comprehend the issues he's talking about, and few of them actually want to. They want to hear a short concise answer. "I'm going to bomb the crap out of ISIS" is a short and successful answer (the validity of it doesn't really matter). On the other hand, the long detailed answers Paul would give about allying with certain countries, coalition building, returning troops, enabling others to fight in Iraq instead, are way too long winded and logical to be successful with the general public.

To be perfectly honest, in any mass market how you say something is far more important than what you say. That goes for every field and not just politics.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: combatmaster

Maybe Patton got busy just before he died and Trump is his illegitimate bastard child... game of thrones style!

Yes!

The election is coming....

The winter is Trumping...

edit on 2016-02-22T16:56:33-06:00201602bpm2902pm3329 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join